Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,349 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

No Excuses, Mr President - Daily Independent - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Excuses, Mr President - Daily Independent (21758 Views)

'Change Begins With Me’ Campaign Gulps N3.4bn - Daily Independent / Presidential Aides Bicker Over Buhari, Tinubu Feud - Daily Independent / Frustration, Anger In APC Over Buhari’s Ministerial List - Daily Independent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Excuses, Mr President - Daily Independent by sammhi(m): 10:58am On Jun 23, 2015
millionaireman:
I inherited empty treasury - as if others before him did not also inherit empty treasury.

Age is a limitation to what I can do - as if he did not know before he asked to be voted president.

Nigeria is in debt - as if there's any country that is not in debt.

The worst thing a leader can do to his subjects is show them signs that the leader is not worth being a leader.

Baba has shown every sign that he did not expect to become president, he was not prepared for the job, he has no great positive changes to offer Nigeria.

you hit the nail on the head.. PMB is , was , not prepared.. he is using this period to prepare ..quite astonishing yes, Nigeria is in debt, realistically so, with so much infrastructural deficit , 53% wage increase since 2010, bogus cost of governance and of course corruption, the country will no doubt hit the ground..but the good side too was that GEJ laid good foundation for economic growth and improvement on infrastructure... Let PMB build on these...agric, roads, education , healthcare , industrialization etc OBJ and GEJ had already done the paperwork and some foundation...

1 Like

Re: No Excuses, Mr President - Daily Independent by PointB: 10:59am On Jun 23, 2015
kossyablaze:
I'm his fan...buh truth be told,he's dulling n slow.

Just call him by his name - Duara dullard!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Excuses, Mr President - Daily Independent by Nobody: 11:00am On Jun 23, 2015
jtreasure1:
Please, allow PMB to settle down and work. GEJ really mess up dis country you know.
which of the GEJ? is it not your grand pa called PMB who promise destroying the country because he was not allowed to rule. now he is here to fix what he has destroyed. are you not a Nigerian? what goes around comes around. Evil that men do leave with them

2 Likes

Re: No Excuses, Mr President - Daily Independent by OversightTM(m): 11:01am On Jun 23, 2015
Burger01:

TANdroid morons everywhere you go. Morons. We don't have their time. They can lament for the next four yearssmiley
Are you always this dumb. When will u ever make sense?!

1 Like

Re: No Excuses, Mr President - Daily Independent by MansaPiye: 11:02am On Jun 23, 2015
I don't like when Nigerians reference Reagan. Reagan was a terrible president. He was very good for the mostly rich white elites. He sold arms to Iran (read about the Iran Contra) he flooded black neighbourhoods with crack. He was against the poor, he was a known racist. He was a mediocre president and African leaders shouldn't look up to him.
As for Buhari and his slowness, you'd think that somebody who has been running for office since 2003 would hit the ground running. Nigerians voted for the lesser of two evils, that is not how to move a country foward, it's up to the people to break free from the control of the elites and put foward a candidate from among themselves. APC belongs to very corrupt persons, Tinubu, Saraki, Amaechi, Atiku etc, Nigerians can pretend all they want, they must face the reality, the reality is that APC and PDP are one and the same. One just had better strategy on how to get to the source of money which the other has been enjoying since 1999. Forgive the typos, I'm at work.

3 Likes

Re: No Excuses, Mr President - Daily Independent by othenok(f): 11:02am On Jun 23, 2015
ihatebuhari:
Pls tell the mumu old dullard......

Did I see "Jesus is Lord" in your profile? Jesus has no busy with someone that makes your kind of comments. God is love!!
Re: No Excuses, Mr President - Daily Independent by ihatebuhari(f): 11:07am On Jun 23, 2015
othenok:

Did I see "Jesus is Lord" in your profile? Jesus has no busy with someone that makes your kind of comments. God is love!!
u can't be like me dear, so don't be jealous
Re: No Excuses, Mr President - Daily Independent by Nobody: 11:07am On Jun 23, 2015
Taniods relax. We that voted for him should be the one complaining. Progressives are intellectuals.

We don't have to rush on issues so that we can fillfull our promises to Nigerian. Rant for all I care. The pace is good.
Re: No Excuses, Mr President - Daily Independent by RedEagle: 11:08am On Jun 23, 2015
chigoizie7:

*u should have exercised patience with GEJ(clueless man)

*imagine urself telling the driver of a particular vehicle that he does not know how to drive well, that he should come down so that u will drive, only to mount the wheels and begin to learn the rudiments of driving.( You are stagnant, u aint moving yet) what do u call that?

*PMB is very slow, and he has done absolutely nothing about it,

*APC is a scam, my only prayer is that they will bring us out of this mess.

Now listen.

*GEJ didn't change the price of oil

*GEJ didn't reduce the capacity of oil sold per day.

*GEJ didn't ask the chinese to stop buying our crude( they buy more than 50%)

*GEJ wanted to save during the rainy day( he wants to save the Excess crude account).

*GEJ borrowed money during his last days in office because of the above point ^^^, thus, couldn't save anything.(If they had allowed them to save, they wouldn't have borrowed)

*APC and rotimi Amaechi opposed to it ( let us share this money among the states, work with it now that we have it and then make profits from it, that was their call)national Assembly supported them

*^^^ GEJ and okonjo refused until it tore PDP apart, and APC was very happy.

*APC took over, nigeria found itself in the worst financial mess, and they are blaming PDP.

*APC is just reaping the fruits they sowed in other to tear other houses apart.

*my only prayer is that PMB should swing into action Asap and bring us out of this mess.

* the only time we can hold our leaders accountable is when we really know what went wrong. And we must hold them accountable no matter what, we must not justify why they couldn't do what we elected them to do. If they could not do it, why then did we elect them in the 1st place

* my point is?

PMB is very slow and should pick up Asap. We don't ve to defend him.

I am not one of those who doesn't know that our governors led by Amaechi were behind the depletion of the ECA.

I also know about the difficulties in selling our crude.

However, anyone that knows the depth and etiology of Nigeria's problems can permit the man a little time to settle and do some internal and backroom work before the criticism starts.
Re: No Excuses, Mr President - Daily Independent by Dlionsheart: 11:08am On Jun 23, 2015
tchidi:
I believe he won't fail us.... yes, he's being kinda slow, but somehow, I believe he'll be better than what we've been having... he has not stayed 1 full month so we shouldn't be too fast and write him off.

God bless Nigeria.

Baby, pls understand that the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. its only a lazy farmer that always complained of his tools (instrument).
How do you start a journey with incessant excuses and complains
This is not time for campaign and promises. Trust Nigerians, once they loss their patience, pass vote of no confidence on you then you're gone. If you like, turn workaholic overnight, you will only be struggling to redeem your battered image. That's what happened to GEJ.

LET BUHARI RESIGN AS FOREIGN AFFAIRS MINISTER, CULTURE AND TOURISM MINISTER (in one cloth), STOP TRYING TO SHOW US PICTURES AND START WORKING. Is this too much to ask for
Re: No Excuses, Mr President - Daily Independent by optimismlaz(m): 11:14am On Jun 23, 2015
Change was a scam, disappointment and regrets await. Transformation will be better than change. PMB may not be the cause but Amaechi, Mr BAT and many others around him may make this government a joking stuff. Nigerians are waiting.
Re: No Excuses, Mr President - Daily Independent by othenok(f): 11:15am On Jun 23, 2015
ihatebuhari:
u can't be like me dear, so don't be jealous
Lol, no I don't want to be like you. Ask Jesus to help you work on your hate, pride and love for abusive words. ((Hugs)).
Re: No Excuses, Mr President - Daily Independent by ihatebuhari(f): 11:17am On Jun 23, 2015
othenok:

Lol, no I don't want to be like you. Ask Jesus to help you work on your hate, pride and love for abusive words. ((Hugs)).
freedom of speech.
Re: No Excuses, Mr President - Daily Independent by anataala: 11:18am On Jun 23, 2015
you father and grand grand parents are all bastard, son of a batard
CR77:
The ldiot is busy taking pictures up and down

APC is just full of propaganda and lies
Re: No Excuses, Mr President - Daily Independent by UncleJudax(m): 11:19am On Jun 23, 2015
mistabiola:
Why are Nigerians judging like buhari is ruling over a community society, we ought to know that; this is a country and you can't just jump into criticism less than 100days.
What's the fixation with 100days? Is it in the constitution or something?

A simple answer, no prevarication pls.
Re: No Excuses, Mr President - Daily Independent by malonephill(m): 11:20am On Jun 23, 2015
kazmanbanjoko:
Patience is a virtue. But nigerians no wan hear this kind tin. All they want na how fast tinz happens.
how has patience got to do with the statement he made, saying there's a limit to what he can do, so he doesn't know he's 72 before now, so lame
Re: No Excuses, Mr President - Daily Independent by Feranmicharles(m): 11:21am On Jun 23, 2015
CR77:
lol u re blessed 4life
cheesy grin amen o
Re: No Excuses, Mr President - Daily Independent by Pontaboki: 11:23am On Jun 23, 2015
Our Democracy is Maturing!
Re: No Excuses, Mr President - Daily Independent by kazmanbanjoko(m): 11:24am On Jun 23, 2015
malonephill:
how has patience got to do with the statement he made, saying there's a limit to what he can do, so he doesn't know he's 72 before now, so lame
It's perfectly legal to be stupid at times but some people just completely take advantage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Excuses, Mr President - Daily Independent by soldierdollar(m): 11:24am On Jun 23, 2015
Bonapart:
It's crystal clear already that Nigerians has nothing to gain or benefit from dullard lead administration...
Security: during their campaign all their focus was on security which they believe is their biggest tool they can use to bring down Gej administration which work for them perfectly... since they came into power more than 500 Nigerians has lost their lives to boko haram and yet wat he could say is "there is a limit to wat i can do at72" my question is this old man didn't knew he was 72 before he offer to govern Nigeria?
Where do we go from here? This administration has failed already even before they start book mark and quote me in future

In as much as am not a fan of Buhari , doesn't past tense or past participle exist in ur dictionary ?
Re: No Excuses, Mr President - Daily Independent by chigoizie7(m): 11:29am On Jun 23, 2015
mistabiola:

A competent leader wouldn't have left us with a record breaking deficit in history with no money in the treasury, we have to support him for the first 100days and after then if he did not achieved anything, we can now criticize him.

*it is better we criticize and pressure him to do something now b4 that 100days, than after the 100 days,( na we go de loose ooh) no time.

*a good and competent leader (PMB) should know that the empty treasury was not GEJ's doing(he also inherited an empty treasury).

*a competent and a good leader should know that his party APC with the help of 5 defected governors and the help of the house, even PMB himself blackmailed the past govt into sharing the money realized from from the sale of excess crude,as proposed to saving it for the rainy DAY.

*a competent leader PMB knew that Nigeria is sole dependent on sale of crude.

* a competent leader PMB should know that the past administration did not change the prices of crude, or so he thought, and then promised to reverse it during his campaign promises.

*a competent leader PMB also knew that we could not sell the quantity we used to sell because of the price slash. thus should ve mapped out ways to mop up funds.

*a competent leader PMB also knew that the past govt didn't ask the chinese to stop buying our crude( they buy more than 50%) thus,should know that the treasury should be empty.

*a competent leader should know that he can not fulfill his promises to us during his campaign with an empty treasury, thus, should be doing something by now to see that he fulfills it other than snapping pictures all over the place.

*a competent leader should know that the treasury shouldn't have been empty if they hadn't blackmailed the past govt into sharing the excess crude money to states and parastatals after their initial yearly budget. Thus emanating to last minute borrowing.

*a competent citizen like u and I should know that, no matter the circumstances, that we should always HOLD the people we elected accountable for every minute they spend and every dime they spend.

*competent citizen like u and I should also know that, we could not ve voted an incompetent leader.

* I am not in any way supporting GEJ, but we have to face reality and the truth

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Excuses, Mr President - Daily Independent by kinglord(m): 11:32am On Jun 23, 2015
Joejonah:
If I neeed excuses I wouldn't have join in voting out GEJ.

Buhari remain a modern scam. Felt so bad I was easily deceived by APC.
Old age has really messed up with this man.
Apparently you weren't his fan cos most of them still say he has out-performed the previous administration
Re: No Excuses, Mr President - Daily Independent by tonquendo4u(m): 11:34am On Jun 23, 2015
kazmanbanjoko:
Patience is a virtue. But nigerians no wan hear this kind tin. All they want na how fast tinz happens.
.My brother,don't blame Nigerians if dey complain.During campaigns,APC told us dt d GEJ has messed up d economy.PMB was sworn in 2months after he won d election n he's still battling to produce ministerial list .ore dn 3wks into his tenure.up till now,dey keep blaming GEJ's administration.But dey made us to undastand dt dey hv a solution.D continous complaint isn't wot we voted 4.We voted 4 massive change.We expected dem to kick d ground running afta inauguration.Still,all I hear is blames up till now.We don't want blames.We want work.PMB should sit up
Re: No Excuses, Mr President - Daily Independent by malonephill(m): 11:36am On Jun 23, 2015
kazmanbanjoko:
It's perfectly legal to be stupid at times but some people just completely take advantage.
we are waiting patiently how it would turn out, but I doubt it with the way things are going now if not retrogressive change
Re: No Excuses, Mr President - Daily Independent by dunsman(f): 11:39am On Jun 23, 2015
abeg if una Don forget buhari campaign promises. pls kindly follow this link... www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/what-buhari-promised-nigerians/
Re: No Excuses, Mr President - Daily Independent by Beface(m): 11:41am On Jun 23, 2015
Zimbabwe president Robert Mugabe is 90+ and is not making any excuse. Mr president do something and stop complaining.
Re: No Excuses, Mr President - Daily Independent by kinglord(m): 11:41am On Jun 23, 2015
sehin79:
abeg give the gye time!!! start is judgement from 100 days in office!!!
Ok.
Re: No Excuses, Mr President - Daily Independent by Nobody: 11:46am On Jun 23, 2015
hedonistic:
Yes. Less photographs, more action and absolutely no excuses!

By the way, someone needs to shoot that his photographer. He is a serious clog in the wheel.

Hahaha.
Re: No Excuses, Mr President - Daily Independent by mistabiola: 11:48am On Jun 23, 2015
UncleJudax:

What's the fixation with 100days? Is it in the constitution or something?

A simple answer, no prevarication pls.

That's the normal tradition all over the world.
Re: No Excuses, Mr President - Daily Independent by otunbakolawole(m): 11:52am On Jun 23, 2015
Seems generally people from Katsina like go-slow. Remember Umoru.
Re: No Excuses, Mr President - Daily Independent by EKELEONU(m): 11:53am On Jun 23, 2015
He can resign if he feels that he cant build up an empty Treasury. No excuses. We pray that God helps him to fulfill his promises
Re: No Excuses, Mr President - Daily Independent by Nobody: 11:56am On Jun 23, 2015
24days gone,we still waiting 4change

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PDP Wins Saki West, Oyo North In Oyo State- CABLE / HURIWA Carpets Muhammad Tanko For Stoking Religious Conflict / Ekiti Govt Imposes Curfew, Bans Public Gathering Of More Than 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.