Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,723 members, 7,816,974 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

Katstina Women Storm Bank For #5,000 - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Katstina Women Storm Bank For #5,000 (443 Views)

Graduate Entry-level: Customer Service Officers At United Bank For Africa / Can You Do This For 5 Million Naira / Solar Power Bank For Sale At A Reasonable Amount. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Katstina Women Storm Bank For #5,000 by haconjy(m): 3:11pm On Jun 23, 2015
The promise of vice President Professor Yemi Osinbajo to implement one of their campaign promises of paying N5,000 each to the poorest Nigerians across the country caused a confusion at the Katsina bank on June 22, Monday.

A large number of women yesterday besieged a bank to receive the payment.

One of the women said: “A friend of mine informed me about the development last week. She said I should come here with my national identity card. She said when I come I will be given a form to fill.

”The women supposed that they heard the news over the radio that President Muhammadu’s Buhari administration had settled plans to pay the stipend and that the payment had started in the bank.

Meanwhile, the branch manager of the bank said he didn’t know of such payment. He added that the bank was not carrying out any registration exercise aside the Bank Verification Number (BVN) as mandated by Central Bank.

“There is no basis for their claims; the women are only working on rumours,” the manager said.

Bank officials and policemen convinced the teaming women to leave the bank grounds and stop obstructing banking activities.

It would be recalled that Katsina state is a home state of President Buhari.vHe owns a modest apartment in Daura, which is a very important town not only to Katsina state but to the entire Hausa race.

naij.com
www.haconjy..com
Re: Katstina Women Storm Bank For #5,000 by GeneralQuamdeen: 3:13pm On Jun 23, 2015
This is politically motivated..
Re: Katstina Women Storm Bank For #5,000 by HzRF(m): 3:17pm On Jun 23, 2015
Lol
Una never chichom chin
Re: Katstina Women Storm Bank For #5,000 by toyeoye(m): 3:22pm On Jun 23, 2015
This 5k will cause headache at banks when finally implemented. They need collection centers if it's going to be cash collection

(1) (Reply)

A Young Enterpreneur Needs Where To Make PET Bottles And Enlightenment / Gsm Shortcode Business / Thousands Contribute Money To Save Greece From Going Flat Broke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.