Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,808 members, 7,813,654 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

Lagos, Ogun, Kano, Warri, Rivers Have Overtaken SE In Commerce, Industry? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos, Ogun, Kano, Warri, Rivers Have Overtaken SE In Commerce, Industry? (3220 Views)

Photos: Ebonyi To Partner Abia In Commerce, Revenue Mobilization, Others / Otuoke Road Overtaken By Flood, Indigenes Lament / The Southwest Have Overtaken The Southeast In Oil Production (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos, Ogun, Kano, Warri, Rivers Have Overtaken SE In Commerce, Industry? by OduaVanguard: 5:09pm On Jun 23, 2015
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/rivers-state-others-have-overtaken-s-east-in-commerce-industry/

How true? Coming from an Nnewi-Anambra man? Biafrans, please explain.
Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano, Warri, Rivers Have Overtaken SE In Commerce, Industry? by dunkem21(m): 5:09pm On Jun 23, 2015
It is true, truer and truest ..Can we leave the SE alone now? grin
Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano, Warri, Rivers Have Overtaken SE In Commerce, Industry? by INTROVERT(f): 5:09pm On Jun 23, 2015
THEY HAVE BEEN HIDING THIS TOPIC SINCE... grin grin grin
Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano, Warri, Rivers Have Overtaken SE In Commerce, Industry? by TippyTop(m): 5:14pm On Jun 23, 2015
Its the ss now owned by the yorubas? Why can't you people jump into your own lagoon ediots.
Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano, Warri, Rivers Have Overtaken SE In Commerce, Industry? by TippyTop(m): 5:15pm On Jun 23, 2015
OduaVanguard:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/rivers-state-others-have-overtaken-s-east-in-commerce-industry/

When did you start promoting anything ss, jump in the lagoon.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano, Warri, Rivers Have Overtaken SE In Commerce, Industry? by OduaVanguard: 5:20pm On Jun 23, 2015
TippyTop:

When did you start promoting anything ss, jump in the lagoon.

Relax. Am not promoting anybody, I'm only asking a question in the hope that the Biafrans can provide some form of ...explanation for this ugly development.
Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano, Warri, Rivers Have Overtaken SE In Commerce, Industry? by OduaVanguard: 5:21pm On Jun 23, 2015
INTROVERT:
THEY HAVE BEEN HIDING THIS TOPIC SINCE... grin grin grin

E be like say Wind don blow and fowl yansh don show. grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano, Warri, Rivers Have Overtaken SE In Commerce, Industry? by Dollyak(f): 5:23pm On Jun 23, 2015
This is suspect at best. Lagos and maybe ogun, is understandable but the rest? What criteria are they using?
This is laughable.
Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano, Warri, Rivers Have Overtaken SE In Commerce, Industry? by TippyTop(m): 5:26pm On Jun 23, 2015
OduaVanguard:

Relax. Am not promoting anybody, I'm only asking a question in the hope that the Biafrans can provide some form of ...explanation for this ugly development.

ok
Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano, Warri, Rivers Have Overtaken SE In Commerce, Industry? by OduaVanguard: 5:29pm On Jun 23, 2015
Dollyak:
This is suspect at best. Lagos and maybe ogun, is understandable but the rest? What criteria are they using?
This is laughable.

Well, the man is from Nnewi and is on ground so to me he sounds authoritative and sincere. He must have the network to obtain his facts.

The average Omanbala man is a braggart, so for this man to come out and say this means all may not be well.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano, Warri, Rivers Have Overtaken SE In Commerce, Industry? by adamskutty(m): 5:45pm On Jun 23, 2015
cheesy
Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano, Warri, Rivers Have Overtaken SE In Commerce, Industry? by OduaVanguard: 5:45pm On Jun 23, 2015
dunkem21:
It is true, truer and truest ..Can we leave the SE alone now? grin

How do you mean? Na question I ask, so far Dem never gimme answer. Abi na crime to ask question again? ?
Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano, Warri, Rivers Have Overtaken SE In Commerce, Industry? by OduaVanguard: 5:55pm On Jun 23, 2015
Perhaps he meant that the likes of Lagos and Ogun have overtaken the entire SE in the area of Industrialization, while Kano, Warri and Rivers have overtaken them on commerce, coz Kano isn't really known for active industries but it can be argued that commercial activity in a place like Kano is constantly increasing.
Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano, Warri, Rivers Have Overtaken SE In Commerce, Industry? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jun 23, 2015
OduaVanguard:

Millions of igbos live in kano, Lagos, delta, Ogun n rivers state. They own n operate those businesses.

Igbos own commerce n industries in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano, Warri, Rivers Have Overtaken SE In Commerce, Industry? by OduaVanguard: 6:07pm On Jun 23, 2015
chuna1985:

Millions of igbos live in kano, Lagos, delta, Ogun n rivers state. They own n operate those businesses.

Igbos own commerce n industries in Nigeria.

Interesting but silly perspective. In other words, you are implying that virtually all commercial and industrial activity that take place in those locations are owned/controlled/dominated by Igbos? ? Bro, are you ffvking shyting me? That is an insult to other non-igbo Nigerians who also engage in commercial and industrial activity all over Nigeria, even after your fellow kinsman has confirmed that much-- as if there are no non-igbo traders in other parts of Nigeria. You guys are impossible! Smh.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano, Warri, Rivers Have Overtaken SE In Commerce, Industry? by Yeske2(m): 6:08pm On Jun 23, 2015
Where in Onitsha is this Osakwe industrial cluster or is he reffering to mgbuka Obosi that is not even as big as Ochanja market? He should simply appeal to the state gov to help upgrade the place and he talking about SE losing bla bla, why were Abia and Anambra states included in the CBN cashless scheme earlier than most states? Freedom of speech anyway

3 Likes

Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano, Warri, Rivers Have Overtaken SE In Commerce, Industry? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jun 23, 2015
I read the interview earlier this month , though the man made so much sense as someone on ground but he pushed his figure too high.

Imagine combining the entire Nigeria against SE which his area of concentration is Anambra State.

When you talk of SE as a geo_political Zone join why do you remove Rivers but lump all the entire North together with 19 states against SE with 5.

Please where is West is overtaking East in commerce barring Lagos which still have Igbos doing virtually everything?

Ogun State in industrialized yes the areas close to Lagos, maybe 2 LGs the rest are death.

Head or tail, you can't best Easterners in commerce, Small businesses and industries when you class everybody base on geo-political not by SE vs North or SE vs West with Lagos inclusive.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano, Warri, Rivers Have Overtaken SE In Commerce, Industry? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jun 23, 2015
OduaVanguard:

Interesting but silly perspective. In other words, you are implying that virtually all commercial and industrial activity that take place in those locations are owned/controlled/dominated by Igbos? ? Bro, are you ffvking shyting me? That is an insult to other non-igbo Nigerians who also engage in commercial and industrial activity all over Nigeria, even after your fellow kinsman has confirmed that much-- as if there are no non-igbo traders in other parts of Nigeria. You guys are impossible! Smh.

look around u, ur neighbours na igbos.

igbos dominate commerce in Nigeria. As we speak, the only Nigerian making cars is Igbo, I can go on n on...

As for Lagos, na DAT place Igbo dominate pass...by all standards.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano, Warri, Rivers Have Overtaken SE In Commerce, Industry? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jun 23, 2015
Yeske2:
Where in Onitsha is this Osakwe industrial cluster or is he reffering to mgbuka Obosi that is not even as big as Ochanja market? He should simply appeal to the state gov to help upgrade the place and he talking about SE losing bla bla, why were Abia and Anambra states included in the CBN cashless scheme earlier than most states? Freedom of speech anyway

There is Osakwe Industrial Clusters at Eze Iweka Awada, its haven for small businesses, you will never know such productive ventures are going there until you get inside the area.

They virtually manufacture everything, though the place is expanding aand taking over residential areas but they are really moving.
The reason he sounding this way is to attract govt attention and sympathy which they actually deserve.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano, Warri, Rivers Have Overtaken SE In Commerce, Industry? by OduaVanguard: 6:20pm On Jun 23, 2015
BuddahMonk:
I read the interview earlier this month , though the man made so much sense as someone on ground but he pushed his figure too high.

Imagine combining the entire Nigeria against SE which his area of concentration is Anambra State.

When you talk of SE as a geo_political Zone join why do you remove Rivers but lump all the entire North together with 19 states against SE with 5.

Please where is West is overtaking East in commerce barring Lagos which still have Igbos doing virtually everything?

Ogun State in industrialized yes the areas close to Lagos, maybe 2 LGs the rest are death.

Head or tail, you can't best Easterners in commerce, Small businesses and industries when you class everybody base on geo-political not by SE vs North or SE vs West with Lagos inclusive.

Buddah the Omanbala warrior! Wasn't expecting any less from you coz to you the world begins and ends in Anambra. grin
Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano, Warri, Rivers Have Overtaken SE In Commerce, Industry? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jun 23, 2015
OduaVanguard:

Even in Onitsha and Nnewi there are yoloba traders but ask anybody around you who own commerce, trading and transportation in Nigeria they will tell you Igbos.

Yolobass sell mostly kolanuts, herbal medicines and lace.
Hausas sells food stuffs, suya, BDC and Watches.

Igbos virtually sell everything all these tribes in Nigeria sell and still dominate the entire sector.

Its not a fallacy, be sincere to yourself for once, it doesn't pay to be deaf, dumb and blind

3 Likes

Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano, Warri, Rivers Have Overtaken SE In Commerce, Industry? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jun 23, 2015
OduaVanguard:

Buddah the Omanbala warrior! Wasn't expecting any less from you coz to you the world begins and ends in Anambra. grin

Am just being objective, am telling you what I know very well having traded as a teen and being to many parts of Nigeria.

Currently am in West Minster Apapa Lagos, go there are see what is happening. You don't need to tribalize everything even FG agencies, boards and parastatals know that East push more cash than other regions in Nigeria if Lagos is seperated from SW.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano, Warri, Rivers Have Overtaken SE In Commerce, Industry? by OduaVanguard: 6:29pm On Jun 23, 2015
chuna1985:

look around u, ur neighbours na igbos.

igbos dominate commerce in Nigeria. As we speak, the only Nigerian making cars is Igbo, I can go on n on...

As for Lagos, na DAT place Igbo dominate pass...by all standards.

LOL. Chai! Una sabi overhype unasef ehn? At the rate you all hype your "dominance", one could be forgiven for thinking your SE enclave is a land of milk and honey. grin With the way you people are touting your dominance of Lagos especially, one wonders why you can't stay in igboland and create your own Lagos replica. Must your people move to Lagos to succeed in life?

Na so so other people land Una dey "dominate", while Una dey avoid SE like say na hell fire.

The poor Nnewi man only raised an alarm so you guys can retain your "dominance" of the one area you are good at and known for -- trading. No need catching feelings over that guys. grin

cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano, Warri, Rivers Have Overtaken SE In Commerce, Industry? by OduaVanguard: 6:35pm On Jun 23, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Even in Onitsha and Nnewi there are yoloba traders but ask anybody around you who own commerce, trading and transportation in Nigeria they will tell you Igbos.

Igbos virtually sell everything all these tribes in Nigeria sell and still dominate the entire sector.

Its not a fallacy, be sincere to yourself for once, it doesn't pay to be deaf, dumb and blind

Listen Buddah, every one and their moms know you guys have commerce in your blood, fine. But the man was only raising an alarm that you all may be losing that turf to others. There's no reason why that anomaly can't be reversed if his advice and suggestions on how to mitigate it are heeded. Simple!
Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano, Warri, Rivers Have Overtaken SE In Commerce, Industry? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jun 23, 2015
OduaVanguard:

Well, the man is from Nnewi and is on ground so to me he sounds authoritative and sincere. He must have the network to obtain his facts.

The average Omanbala man is a braggart, so for this man to come out and say this means all may not be well.

Nobody is saying he is lying but he is pushing the figure too far, Abia economy suffered under TA Orji which dwindled Aba growth but Aba economy is not bad but it didn't grow base on forecasts and potentials.

Abia still see more cash transaction than Oyo despite the evil effects of Orji maladministration. Aba still see more influx of financial institutions in Nigeria than most states in Nigeria.

What the man was saying is that the industrial clusters are under utilized based on projected output and installed capacity.

I know the place wela, electricity is the number one enemy there.
Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano, Warri, Rivers Have Overtaken SE In Commerce, Industry? by OduaVanguard: 6:40pm On Jun 23, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Nobody is saying he is lying but he is pushing the figure too far, Abia economy suffered under TA Orji which dwindled Aba growth but Aba economy is not bad but it didn't grow base on forecasts and potentials.

Abia still see more cash transaction than Oyo despite the evil effects of Orji maladministration. Aba still see more influx of financial institutions in Nigeria than most states in Nigeria.

What the man was saying is that the industrial clusters are under utilized based on projected output and installed capacity.

I know the place wela, electricity is the number one enemy there.

cheesy Ok Buddah. I don hear your Biafran response and am ok with it. Happy now? grin
Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano, Warri, Rivers Have Overtaken SE In Commerce, Industry? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jun 23, 2015
OduaVanguard:

Listen Buddah, every one and their moms know you guys have commerce in your blood, fine. But the man was only raising an alarm that you all maybe losing that turf to others. There's no reason why that anomaly can't be reversed if his advice and suggestions on how to mitigate it are heeded. Simple!

Yes, he is making so much and I really love his outcry and hope authorities will listen.
The issue there is still an offshot of the bad government in everywhere in Nigeria sector.

He said Pita Obi constructed road for them, yes I know the road and how the place look like.

They should push for power supply because that is the greatest threat to their business, then they should partner with govt to put stop to thugs harassing them over revenue and multiple taxation.

They just need power and govt support to start clicking, irrespective of that everybody in Nigeria is groaning over epileptic power supply.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano, Warri, Rivers Have Overtaken SE In Commerce, Industry? by OduaVanguard: 6:45pm On Jun 23, 2015
On a lighter note BuddahMonk, you said and I quote:

Igbos virtually sell everything all these tribes in Nigeria sell and still dominate the entire sector

Come, since when did Igbo traders start selling Suya and Lace grin ? ? And did you just say they dominate those "sectors" too? ? grin grin
Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano, Warri, Rivers Have Overtaken SE In Commerce, Industry? by sheymoni(m): 6:45pm On Jun 23, 2015
While they are busy agitating for Biafra, others were doing something meaningful to make their region better

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano, Warri, Rivers Have Overtaken SE In Commerce, Industry? by Yeske2(m): 6:50pm On Jun 23, 2015
OduaVanguard:

cheesy Ok Buddah. I don hear your Biafran response and am ok with it. Happy now? grin
But Buddah only stated the obvious as i remembered going through the road months back but never knew anything was happening around there till now.
Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano, Warri, Rivers Have Overtaken SE In Commerce, Industry? by OduaVanguard: 6:50pm On Jun 23, 2015
BuddahMonk:

.. they should partner with govt to put stop to thugs harassing them over revenue and multiple taxation.

Chisos! Oh, so you people have your own version of areaboys harassing your traders in the East? ? Yet you all make it seem like it's a SW phenomenon. Like WTF? ?
Re: Lagos, Ogun, Kano, Warri, Rivers Have Overtaken SE In Commerce, Industry? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jun 23, 2015
OduaVanguard:
On a lighter note BuddahMonk, you said and I quote:

Come, since when did Igbo traders start selling Suya and Lace grin ? ? And did you just say they dominate those "sectors" too? ? grin grin

Sorry Its a mistake, everybody knows we don't sell some of those things I listed but Igbos sell lace and watch, necklace just like Hausas and yorubas do. The sector I meant that we dominate are those outside those listed like spare parts, phones, electrical, building materials, clothes et al.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Let A SouthEasterner Become President In 2019 / Senator George Sekibo Celebrates With Wike & His Supporters At Govt House(pics) / Statistics: Stupidity Of Imam Of Peace Of Iran And Nigeria Hailers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.