Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,987 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

I Did Not Pay Myself #720m Allowances-fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Did Not Pay Myself #720m Allowances-fayose (400 Views)

Osun State Is Paying Full 18,000 Wage, But Anambra Can Not Pay Full 18,000 Wage. / Farmers Will Not Pay Any Mandatory Protection Fees, Ogbeh Assures / ALERT: Osun State Will NOT Pay March Salaries - Thecable. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Did Not Pay Myself #720m Allowances-fayose by Biztutor(m): 5:39pm On Jun 23, 2015
Ekiti State governor, Mr Ayo Fayose, has denied paying himself N720 million as terminal benefit for his first term tenure as alleged by the opposition All Progressives Congress (APC) in the state.
Governor Fayose, who addressed the people of the state via the radio and television in a state-wide broadcast, said it would be “heartless of him” or any leaders for that matter to take such steps, considering the economic situation in the country.
The governor, in the broadcast to mark the first anniversary of his re-election as governor of the state, said “only a heartless and wicked leader would pay such a huge sum to himself in the face of the present economic hardship in the country.”
He charged the people of the state to be wary of what he referred to as “the game plan of the opposition, which is to cause disaffection between us,” saying “the apparent joblessness of Ekiti APC members is responsible for their total engagement in fabricating only lies.”
He asked the people of the state, especially civil servants and pensioners, to always demand proof of evidence whenever such allegations were raised against him by the APC.
The governor said “I am Ayo Fayose, your governor, who can never do that. Since you have known me, you will observe that I have always been transparent and down to earth with you in all matters. Please, be assured that I am not in a hurry to get rich through the backdoor as suggested by my detractors.
“Let us even think of it whether it was logical for me to have been so selfish as to paying such money into my private account; what sense does that make to a right-thinking person when such money was almost enough to augment what we are looking for to pay the May salary to Ekiti workers?”
He assured the people of the state of readiness of his administration to bring rapid development to the state, despite dwindling financial resources.
Fayose said it had become necessary for him to address the people of the state “to appreciate scores of eligible voters who trooped out on June 21 last year to vote massively for him.”
Besides, he said he was humbled and challenged by the way and manner the people also came out in strong defence against various attempts that were made by the opposition to truncate his second term tenure through another impeachment and other means, saying its implication was that “power resides with the people.”

Source:http://tribuneonlineng.com/content/fayose-denies-paying-self-n720m-allowances??p=1??[url][/url]
Re: I Did Not Pay Myself #720m Allowances-fayose by MisterNAIRALAND: 5:41pm On Jun 23, 2015
okeke
Re: I Did Not Pay Myself #720m Allowances-fayose by papoose999(m): 5:49pm On Jun 23, 2015
Re: I Did Not Pay Myself #720m Allowances-fayose by Sunnymatey(m): 6:20pm On Jun 23, 2015
Sorry for the mistake sir, so how much do u actually pay urself as allowee?
Re: I Did Not Pay Myself #720m Allowances-fayose by Slynonny(m): 6:33pm On Jun 23, 2015
APC Ekiti to provide evidence or forever remain jobless. #Fayose_we_trust.
Re: I Did Not Pay Myself #720m Allowances-fayose by katerine7(f): 7:31pm On Jun 23, 2015
we don hear
Re: I Did Not Pay Myself #720m Allowances-fayose by Alphaoscar: 7:39pm On Jun 23, 2015
As he go yarn them how much yam his goat don loot as their gomina.

(1) (Reply)

Turkish Airline Blames Nigeria As The Cause Of Staff Death / Military Chiefs To Retain “essential Check Points” - Premium Times / Man Reports Himself To Police After Stabs Girl Friend To Death - Weird

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.