Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,133 members, 7,829,039 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Search In A Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Search In A Website (896 Views)

How To Add Google Custom Search In Blogger / Android Apps For Job Search In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Search In A Website by cyberomin(m): 7:15pm On Feb 26, 2009
Guys pls how do i embed a search to mysite, not google oh, and the is not database integration in the site. Any help plsssssssss.
Re: Search In A Website by yawatide(f): 7:26pm On Feb 26, 2009
I am afraid you have no choice. It is one (google or any other free resource out there) or the other (database).

For quick implementation at little or no cost, I would go for the former.
Re: Search In A Website by Afam4eva(m): 7:47pm On Feb 26, 2009
You'll need to used PHP with mySQL database or you go for google adsense for search and embed it into your site.
Re: Search In A Website by Afam4eva(m): 7:49pm On Feb 26, 2009
cyberomin:

Guys pls how do i embed a search to mysite, not google oh, and the is not database integration in the site. Any help plsssssssss.

There's no way u'll get a search engine without any database.
Re: Search In A Website by Nobody: 9:25pm On Feb 26, 2009
If your site is small, you can use a client-sided javascript search engine. Afterall website development include both client and server sided programming.
Check this link - http://www.javascriptkit.com/script/cutindex14.shtml - if you cannot configure it, let us know.

THe main one i want you to check out is - http://www.javascriptkit.com/script/script2/jse/index.shtml (JSE internal search engine)
Re: Search In A Website by yawatide(f): 9:38pm On Feb 26, 2009
hmmm, all this reliance (or should I say over-reliance) on javascript is itching me the wrong way
Re: Search In A Website by Nobody: 11:12pm On Feb 26, 2009
I am sure you heard the poster said he does not want the solution in php / mysql. If you complain about my solution then please provide a better one.
I think the poster can tell the most useful post on this thread so far. That will be the one that solves his problem (or so i immagine).
As if i was the one that created the language - is it my fault that i know how to use it so well?
Re: Search In A Website by yawatide(f): 3:37am On Feb 27, 2009
The guy's question is like someone who says he wants food - he doesn't want it hot or cold but he wants food. It is up to us to proffer, based on our experiences, why someone's choice is wrong or right, not to give a solution just because the person says they don't want A or B. Look at it this way, again take the food scenario - the guy wants meat but doesn't want it raw or cooked. You then offer him roasted even though cooked is best for him. Yes, roasted meat tastes good but may not be the best for his health. Get it?

is it my fault that i know how to use it so well?
By the way, in no way should you take my challenges (in particular) to your posts as an affront on what you know (or don't know). My posts on here are strictly business, not personal. I would however stop the "know so well" type statements. Pride they say comes before a fall. Just advice from someone who has most likely lived on this earth longer than you have wink
Re: Search In A Website by Nobody: 6:44am On Feb 27, 2009
I only say that for a fact - it has been proven over and over again. And i get the feeling you take my posts on javascript rather personal.
(even the regular programmers on dynamicdrive admitted to that fact - and i have helped a number of them debug there scripts too)
Re: Search In A Website by yawatide(f): 6:55am On Feb 27, 2009
My posts on here are strictly business, not personal.
Re: Search In A Website by Nobody: 6:59am On Feb 27, 2009
Sorry, my English is rather poor. i understand you now. I apologize for any inconvenience i might have caused to anyone with my loud mouth - but that is just me.
Re: Search In A Website by nitation(m): 11:32am On Feb 27, 2009
@DHTML

I think your love for javascript will force the wall of Jericho to collapse one day. You have helped developers on dynamic drive to edit their post and they honoured you wholeheartedly. That's a stale news, as we have read it on NL times without number.

Prof, my youngest advice for you would be to secure your program "serverly" rather than " cliently". Take a look at this.

You have developed a registration form using HTML and javascript for validation. An attacker could solely bypass your authentication and pose treat to your client-based application without your approval shocked. Funny right?? lol. Please don't even ask me how to go about it, IT IS 100% possible!

Javascript shouldn't be our path. Not that it's a crime, but security wise.

@ yawa

Kindly invite DHTML for an e-DRINK and explain in detail

Am out -->
- exiting before the rain pours!!! wink

Nitation ~~
Re: Search In A Website by segsalerty(m): 11:43am On Feb 27, 2009
You too get mouth BABA DHTML
Re: Search In A Website by yawatide(f): 12:31pm On Feb 27, 2009
nitation,

No problem. The invitation is open. If you could even attend as chaperon, no ya wa grin

As I have stated above and will say again, I have no problem with anyone here. My posts are strictly business and not personal. Take it or leave it although for the sake of growth, I would suggest you take it. As one proverb goes, "when you have a hammer, everything around you looks like a nail". Not to imply that all dhtml knows is javascript but when 101 out of 100 posts and solutions to posts are javascript-based, it does make one wonder. Javascript does have its place but as you have rightly stated, there is a reason why you do things "severly" even though it requires a round-trip to the server.

Perception, they say, is reality.
Re: Search In A Website by nitation(m): 7:34pm On Feb 27, 2009
@ Yawa

e-chaperon in deed. Madam Yawa, when are we coming to Potiskum.

my 2 cent
Re: Search In A Website by Nobody: 9:24pm On Feb 27, 2009
I am shocked - is all i can say - for offering a solution - i am getting all this crap - this is totally uncalled for esp nitation (has no biz here).
Then you guyz should go and close down dynamicdrive, google, javascriptkit
not forgetting facebook too.
@nitation, if i say anything concerning you at this point, i am sure seun will ban me immediately (whether i am a moderator or not).

@poster, i am sorry for turning this your thread into a hot zone. I hope you have the solution you are looking for.

@seun, i hope you are reading this thread. I am tryin my best to keep to forum rules or this would have been worse.

@moderator: if you dont know what to do at this point, berra ask seun 'cos dat is his line - at least i know i tried to hint you.
Re: Search In A Website by nitation(m): 1:23am On Feb 28, 2009
@DHTML

Please voice out as I don't think anything will shock us no more.
Re: Search In A Website by oluwafemi113(m): 9:55am On Feb 28, 2009
nitation:

@DHTML

na fight grin grin grin grin take it cool brother
             i have been in this room wiling to know what we happen at last. but I think the poster is okay with the answer DHTML gave him. that show DHTML right. so what more after.
     @ all,  we really  need not to discourage any one here. mean why DHTML have been one of the nairalander that give answers to must question and he have been so nice, and we nairalander are really enjoying him. you guyz should not make him keep silent
because if you counting this way DHTML may want to keep silent is not going to be the best.
naira land is to help one another, and not to discourage any one,

one love
Re: Search In A Website by Nobody: 10:19am On Feb 28, 2009
nitation:

@DHTML
That was my line.
Re: Search In A Website by cyberomin(m): 11:27am On Feb 28, 2009
Guys thank you ooooooooooo, DHTML solution worked like magic, but the truth is the was no need for all this squabble , nitation, yawa and co. please take it easy ooooh. Thanx 1's again.

Cyberomin.
Re: Search In A Website by Nobody: 11:29am On Feb 28, 2009
Thanks everyone for participating.  And i apologize for my laud mauth too! Ama gonna buy a padlock for it soonest tongue
Re: Search In A Website by markomio: 8:18am On Mar 01, 2009
see the big guyz of naira land, i they feel you ooooo grin grin grin grin
Re: Search In A Website by Nobody: 5:27pm On Mar 22, 2009
wtf!

(1) (Reply)

To Whom It May Concern: Daily Independent Newspaper Online Needs Fixing / New Blackberry Free Subcription Hack / Can You Name The Highest Paid Bloggers In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.