Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,094 members, 7,845,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

APC Senators In Physical Combat Over Sharing Of Principal Offices - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Senators In Physical Combat Over Sharing Of Principal Offices (531 Views)

Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly / EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS: House Of Rep Members Fighting Over Principal Offices / APC Senators In Physical Combat Over Sharing Of Principal Offices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Senators In Physical Combat Over Sharing Of Principal Offices by oluwadanie1(m): 8:45pm On Jun 23, 2015
ABUJA- CRISIS rocking the All Progressives Congress, APC , over the selection
of principal officers for the Senate, Tuesday deepened as the meeting of the
caucus members of the party in the upper chamber ended in deadlock.

At the meeting of the Senators to address the problem, some senators engaged
in physical combat bringing the meeting to an abrupt end.

According to a source, the parley held behind closed door in Meeting Room 3:01,
had about 40 Senators in attendance as Senator Danjuma Goje, Gombe Central,
led the group loyal to Senate President Bukola Saraki, while Senator Barnabas
Gemade, Benue North East, led the group loyal to Senator Ahmad Lawan.
Declaring open the meeting, Saraki said, “I appeal to you all to let us do those
things that will unite us than do those that will divide us. For me, I am ready
and desirous, as colleagues to work with all of you in order to provide that
focused leadership in the Senate and National Assembly as an institution.
A source told Vanguard that the position of Saraki’s group was that candidates
must emerge through an electoral process, conducted by Zonal caucuses, which
will then present winners to the Senate President by Tuesday, for
announcement at the plenary, the next day.

The Unity Forum which supported Lawan was opposed to it as they insisted
that the names nominated by the APC leadership to take the positions must be
adhered to.

There was a melodrama when Senator Kabir Marafa, Zamfara Central and
Senator Tayo Alasoadura, Ondo Central were involved in fisticuffs over their
opposing position on the directive of the party.
Vanguard gathered that Senator Rafiu Ibrahim (Kwara) and other Senators
intervened, saving the ugly situation from degenerating further.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/apc-senators-in-physical-combat-over-sharing-of-principal-offices/

Cc: Lalasticlala
Re: APC Senators In Physical Combat Over Sharing Of Principal Offices by g4everybody(m): 8:47pm On Jun 23, 2015
wink
Re: APC Senators In Physical Combat Over Sharing Of Principal Offices by manutdrichie(m): 8:49pm On Jun 23, 2015

Tinubu slaves everywhere
Re: APC Senators In Physical Combat Over Sharing Of Principal Offices by crazygod(m): 8:51pm On Jun 23, 2015
I'll always tell everyone that wants to hear that APC was formed for the sole purpose of removing the former ruling party from power. Now that it has been achieved, there is no common ground holding them together. I see in a not too distant future, a new party carved out of APC for the sole purpose of removing this current party from power. And the cycle continues. #Ratrace

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Forex Reserves Too Low To Defend The Naira! / Osun Judge Ready To Testify Against Aregbesola- Speaker / Buhari Needs Prayers To Deliver, Says PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.