Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,806 members, 7,831,631 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Port Harcourt Monorail May Not Continue — Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Port Harcourt Monorail May Not Continue — Wike (1632 Views)

Osinbajo Commissions Calabar Monorail (Photos) / Port Harcourt Monorail May Not Continue - Wike / Port Harcourt Monorail May Not Continue — Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Port Harcourt Monorail May Not Continue — Wike by Esumai(m): 3:57am On Jun 24, 2015
Abuja—The fate of the Port Harourt monorail, which
was the pet project of the immediate past governor
of Rivers State, Rotimi Amaechi now hangs in the
balance, as Governor Nyesom Wike has revealed that
a committee has been set up to review it and advise
his administration, accordingly.
Speaking with journalists, in Abuja, the governor said
the committee has been empowered to do a cost/
benefit analysis of the project, to see whether it was
economically advisable to continue it or halt further
works, given the current financial position of the
state.
Governor Wike said; “We have set up a committee to
look at the cost/benefit analysis of the project. We
want to see how much it will take to complete the
project vis-à-vis the financial situation of the state-
especially looking at the drop in oil revenue.
“I won’t just go ahead. We will go or we won’t go on.
Because we have to allow the experts to sit down,
look at it critically and advise us. And we have to
harvest the inputs of Rivers people. The money is not
my money. So if they come up and tell us it will take
so much to finish, we will look at our financial
position. Like I said, if we had a proper handover, we
would have already done a financial analysis of the
monorail.
“I won’t say here we will not continue and I will not
say we will continue, until the committee comes with
their findings.
“Part of the problem we have in our society is that
people don’t do cost/benefit analysis of projects
before they undertake them.”

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Monorail May Not Continue — Wike by raayah(f): 4:04am On Jun 24, 2015
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail May Not Continue — Wike by Obijulius: 4:06am On Jun 24, 2015
We all know. Wike has just told us the plain truth.

And some retarded fool will come and tell us that Amaechi is a hero.

Looking at the pics we can see that the monorail cannot continue - that's a dead end.

See Monorail pics below:

Image credit: EMEKA1MILLION

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1570595_img_20140723_175135_jpegbf06e717cdaad3146b4cd9907411fa01

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Monorail May Not Continue — Wike by music4me(m): 5:06am On Jun 24, 2015
At D Rate At Dis Wike Guy Is Going,I Guess He Will Still Set Up A Panel To Find Out If Amechi Either Takes His Birth Before Going To Office During Hamarttan Or Just Use Water To Wash His Face n Feet While He Was Still In Government House....
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail May Not Continue — Wike by Maxymilliano(m): 6:35am On Jun 24, 2015
The monorail that lead to no where is one of the greatest scam perpetrated by Amaechi.

It is evident the cost/benefit ratio was not factor in before embarking on the white elephant
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail May Not Continue — Wike by Vicadonis(m): 6:36am On Jun 24, 2015
Amechi = scam
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail May Not Continue — Wike by Vicadonis(m): 6:38am On Jun 24, 2015
music4me:
At D Rate At Dis Wike Guy Is Going,I Guess He Will Still Set Up A Panel To Find Out If Amechi Either Takes His Birth Before Going To Office During Hamarttan Or Just Use Water To Wash His Face n Feet While He Was Still In Government House....

Use your head Na. Should he just continue the project because it has been started. Am sure you didn't even read what was said above... dodoyo
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail May Not Continue — Wike by Vicadonis(m): 6:40am On Jun 24, 2015
raayah:
[/b]

Aren't you supposed to do a cost/benefit analysis before you start a project??

This cost and benefit analysis is done to [b]consider all factors possible

Secondly.

Isn't a project supposed to have a budget.

For Example, the government budgets 500 million for these monorail project, find out the cost of yearly maintenance and salaries of workers and also calculate how much revenue would be gotten from the system.

So you mean Wike/Ameachi/Rivers government does not know how much it will take to complete a project in this century?
So he just woke up one morning and decided to create a monorail without checking the cost?

THESE ARE THE PEOPLE LEADING US

Nigerians, how did it get this bad?

When they say go to class, you will be playing.
Oya, take 20 seconds and re-read what Wike said.

3 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Monorail May Not Continue — Wike by kettykin: 6:43am On Jun 24, 2015
The money wasted on the monorail could have given rivers state a deep sea port or a working refinery

2 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Monorail May Not Continue — Wike by sosanova: 6:49am On Jun 24, 2015
[size=13pt]that project was the biggest scam ever in Rivers State...Amaechi diverted money for that project to his offshore accounts [/size]
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail May Not Continue — Wike by mrvitalis(m): 6:51am On Jun 24, 2015
Please WIKE this was a PPP and the cost analysis most have been done..... Simple thing is call the Canadian company and ask them how much remains of the state contribution to finish the project.
This project is what will set PH apart from every other city in Nigeria and for me need to be completed.
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail May Not Continue — Wike by Legitbaba(m): 7:06am On Jun 24, 2015
Wike shud pls continue with it pls...
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail May Not Continue — Wike by Nobody: 7:06am On Jun 24, 2015
Wike is officially the most bittered man on earth.
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail May Not Continue — Wike by Osezzua(m): 7:24am On Jun 24, 2015
wonderful
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail May Not Continue — Wike by music4me(m): 7:35am On Jun 24, 2015
Vicadonis:

Use your head Na. Should he just continue the project because it has been started. Am sure you didn't even read what was said above... dodoyo

Borrow Me Urs Na....Just Saying Wike Can Like To Set Up Panel 4 D Sake Of It....
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail May Not Continue — Wike by UncleJudax(m): 7:46am On Jun 24, 2015
raayah:
[/b]

Aren't you supposed to do a cost/benefit analysis before you start a project??

This cost and benefit analysis is done to [b]consider all factors possible

Secondly.

Isn't a project supposed to have a budget.

For Example, the government budgets 500 million for these monorail project, find out the cost of yearly maintenance and salaries of workers and also calculate how much revenue would be gotten from the system.

So you mean Wike/Ameachi/Rivers government does not know how much it will take to complete a project in this century?
So he just woke up one morning and decided to create a monorail without checking the cost?

THESE ARE THE PEOPLE LEADING US

Nigerians, how did it get this bad?
Don't just read, try and comprehend too. Wike didn't initiate, assist or abandon the monorail project.

I guess this was harder than squirting grin
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail May Not Continue — Wike by dancruz(m): 7:55am On Jun 24, 2015
mrvitalis:
Please WIKE this was a PPP and the cost analysis most have been done..... Simple thing is call the Canadian company and ask them how much remains of the state contribution to finish the project.
This project is what will set PH apart from every other city in Nigeria and for me need to be completed.

A major scam Project that doesn't cover any major areas of d city, dnt even tink is up to 3km Long. Hw is it suppose to benefit pple in bonny, andoni, opobo, infact, I'm goin too far, hw wil it benefit pple in ada-george, rumuokoro, and other little environs around ph. We never enjoy trains for Ground, u hang am for air. Its like a child walking b4 crawling. Imagine how much dis single phase has cost d state alone and still in dis unimaginable stage? How much more do we need to squander there?
Proper cost/benefit analysis shld be done!!! Its a pity!!
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail May Not Continue — Wike by Nnemuka(f): 8:01am On Jun 24, 2015
the state cannot pay salaries for 7months now yet Amaechi sank more than 100billion for a monorail leading to no where....
isn't this insanity? only in the zoo will you find such waste.
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail May Not Continue — Wike by SUBMARINE: 8:04am On Jun 24, 2015
Error

Wike pls reverse your plan.
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail May Not Continue — Wike by pacino26(m): 8:32am On Jun 24, 2015
“Part of the problem we have in our society is that
people don’t do cost/benefit analysis of projects
before they undertake them.”

Actually that's the problem not part of the problem. As individuals we go into projects and stop half way cuz we didn't analyse well.

I think the man made a rational statement so let's wait to see what the team of experts come up with before we start throwing tantrums.

mrvitalis:

It's called a white elephant project not meant to see the light of day but to enrich a few. PPP is the newest scam in politics.
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail May Not Continue — Wike by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 8:54am On Jun 24, 2015
Obijulius:
We all know. Wike has just told us the plain truth.

And some retarded fool will come and tell us that Amaechi is a hero.

Looking at the pics we can see that the monorail cannot continue - that's a dead end.

See Monorail pics below:

Image credit: EMEKA1MILLION

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1570595_img_20140723_175135_jpegbf06e717cdaad3146b4cd9907411fa01
The problem now is that the already built rail stations will become permanent home to hoodlums and destitute littered all over Ph city

Re: Port Harcourt Monorail May Not Continue — Wike by kotv: 9:09am On Jun 24, 2015
Why would he discontinue it? For what reason?

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Is Playing With His Life - Former DSS Boss / State Security Service Boss, Ita Ekpeyong Resigns, Buhari Appoints New DG / Soldiers Fighting Boko Haram Collect N49K As Monthly Salary?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.