Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,167 members, 7,829,174 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

Female Slaves Offered As Top Prize In Quran Competition... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Female Slaves Offered As Top Prize In Quran Competition... (1139 Views)

Ghana: Fulani Elders Offered N350m To Me To Destabilize Taraba/Benue / Yakubu Dogara Receives Zik Prize In Leadership Award. / Islamic State (ISIS) Releases Pamphlet On Female Slaves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Female Slaves Offered As Top Prize In Quran Competition... by Nobody: 6:06am On Jun 24, 2015
According to an image that was circulated on Twitter today, the Islamic State (ISIS) is supposedly offering female slaves as top prizes in an upcoming Koran memorization competition in Syria.

The statement, whose authenticity couldn’t be verified, was issued by the Da’wa and Mosques Department in Al-Baraka (Al-Hasaka) province in Syria.

It begins with congratulations to ISIS soldiers and departments in the province upon the beginning of the month of Ramadan. It then announces the upcoming Koran memorization competition, at which it says participants will be tested and given prizes accordingly.

The statement lists the prizes planned for the top ten competitors, with the top three to each be awarded a female slave: “Winner of the first place [will be granted] (sabiyya) [a female slave who was captured at war].
Re: Female Slaves Offered As Top Prize In Quran Competition... by Nobody: 6:08am On Jun 24, 2015
According to Islamic law, Muslim men can take “captives of the right hand” (Qur’an 4:3, 4:24, 33:50). The Qur’an says: “O Prophet! Lo! We have made lawful unto thee thy wives unto whom thou hast paid their dowries, and those whom thy right hand possesseth of those whom Allah hath given thee as spoils of war” (33:50). 4:3 and 4:24 extend this privilege to Muslim men in general. The Qur’an says that a man may have sex with his wives and with these slave girls: “The believers must (eventually) win through, those who humble themselves in their prayers; who avoid vain talk; who are active in deeds of charity; who abstain from sex, except with those joined to them in the marriage bond, or (the captives) whom their right hands possess, for (in their case) they are free from blame.” (Qur’an 23:1-6)
Re: Female Slaves Offered As Top Prize In Quran Competition... by amnesty7: 6:08am On Jun 24, 2015
Lie of the day, dear OP.
Re: Female Slaves Offered As Top Prize In Quran Competition... by Nobody: 6:11am On Jun 24, 2015
amnesty7:
Lie of the day, dear OP.

The youngest was a baby, maybe two months old.” -Eda Said
When I ask this beautiful Yazidi girl about the thousands of girls she saw around when she was kidnaped.

Those couple of past days where the worse days I have seen so far, because just by hearing the stories of those brave Yazidi girls I kinda lived it and it scared me to death. The stories made me so angry that I was scared of my thoughts.

“He took her, cleaned her, then made her wear certain clothes.” She stopped talking for a second and then continued, “The only thing we heard afterward was her screaming.” I was horrified to ask but I did, “How old was she?” I asked Eda. “Nine years old.” Eda replied. My feeling were indescribable, “how old was he!” I had to know. “Fifty-Five.” She replied.

Eda described them as animals, but I can’t agree with that. Because animals are way better. I can’t disrespect animals that much and say something about them like that. ISIS and anyone who support them is the devil.

She was 9 and he was 55 and they heard nothing but her screaming behind the door. And “We knew we were next.” Eda couldn’t finish her story.
Re: Female Slaves Offered As Top Prize In Quran Competition... by eneji50(m): 6:11am On Jun 24, 2015
Op God is watching u in High definition colour tv,My pocket my concern,certified ebira boy...

1 Like

Re: Female Slaves Offered As Top Prize In Quran Competition... by MalcoImX: 6:12am On Jun 24, 2015
Ok we don't hear. Next item pls.
Re: Female Slaves Offered As Top Prize In Quran Competition... by Pangea: 6:16am On Jun 24, 2015
Awon wayray!

What if a woman wins nko?
Re: Female Slaves Offered As Top Prize In Quran Competition... by shidof(m): 6:46am On Jun 24, 2015
if u want to lie, at least used ur brain to evaluate the type of rubbish u wanna spew. Trashhh...
Re: Female Slaves Offered As Top Prize In Quran Competition... by Nobody: 6:51am On Jun 24, 2015
I s l a m
Re: Female Slaves Offered As Top Prize In Quran Competition... by Nobody: 6:53am On Jun 24, 2015
shidof:
if u want to lie, at least used ur brain to evaluate the type of rubbish u wanna spew. Trashhh...

We are talking of the Islamic State here which is far more barbaric than Boko Haram which I have been told severally by you muslims that they do not represent Islam, so why are you all of a sudden coming to their defence by discrediting this news as fake?

You muslims all support ISIS and Boko Haram
Re: Female Slaves Offered As Top Prize In Quran Competition... by houstonia(m): 6:57am On Jun 24, 2015
Leave all these things and concentrate on the Ogbomoso School Of Nursing Form 2015/2016 Is Still On. School Contact ☺☺ grin

1 Like

Re: Female Slaves Offered As Top Prize In Quran Competition... by Nobody: 6:58am On Jun 24, 2015
eneji50:
Op God is watching u in High definition colour tv,My pocket my concern,certified ebira boy...

Another taqiyya in the making

What is keeping you from joining boko haram?

And by God who be ebira for 9ja wey you dey use pose here?
Re: Female Slaves Offered As Top Prize In Quran Competition... by shidof(m): 7:04am On Jun 24, 2015
PvtParts:

We are talking of the Islamic State here which is far more barbaric than Boko Haram which I have been told severally by you muslims that they do not represent Islam, so why are you all of a sudden coming to their defence by discrediting this news as fake?

You muslims all support ISIS and Boko Haram
Isis and BH are delvish bt i only blv wat's real with concrete evidence not gossiping or rumours .Do d needful and support ur claims with one
Re: Female Slaves Offered As Top Prize In Quran Competition... by Nobody: 7:08am On Jun 24, 2015
shidof:
Isis and BH are delvish bt i only blv wat's real with concrete evidence not gossiping or rumours

A simple Google search will confirm this new madness as true and even by going by the antecedents of ISIS why do you still give them the benefit of doubt?

Obviously you have proven to me what I always believed about Islamic extremist groups like Boko Haram and especially ISIS and the broad support they get from so-called moderate muslims like you.
Re: Female Slaves Offered As Top Prize In Quran Competition... by shidof(m): 7:21am On Jun 24, 2015
PvtParts:

A simple Google search will confirm this new madness as true and even by going by the antecedents of ISIS why do you still give them the benefit of doubt?

Obviously you have proven to me what I always believed about Islamic extremist groups like Boko Haram and especially ISIS and the broad support they get from so-called moderate muslims like you.

I think it will be a waste of tym to continue debating with u. Thks 4 ur quick conclusion and still u failed to provide d proof of ur own created story or imagination.
Re: Female Slaves Offered As Top Prize In Quran Competition... by Nobody: 7:25am On Jun 24, 2015
shidof:
I think it will be a waste of tym to continue debating with u. Thks 4 ur quick conclusion and still u failed to provide d proof of ur own created story or imagination.

The news is real.

Your muslim ulmas in ISIS are using captured Yazidi girls as sex slaves.

Their atrocities are not Jewish or western propaganda like you always want to blame for your lunatic brethren practicing your satanic criminal religion.

Useless boko
Re: Female Slaves Offered As Top Prize In Quran Competition... by shidof(m): 7:28am On Jun 24, 2015
PvtParts:

The news is real.

Your muslim ulmas in ISIS are using captured Yazidi girls as sex slaves.

Their atrocities are not Jewish or western propaganda like you always want to blame for your lunatic brethren practicing your satanic criminal religion.

Useless boko
lolzz! now i'm api cos u've jst unleash d beast inside u. ur problem is nt Isis or BH but ur problem is Islam and Muslim. U beta get a life and find somtin beta to do with ur tym. Thousands of ur kind can never and will neva stop d growth of Islam. Gudday
Re: Female Slaves Offered As Top Prize In Quran Competition... by Nobody: 7:34am On Jun 24, 2015
ISIS has already committed countless unspeakable acts on Yazidi and Christian girls and women in Iraq, but the terrorist army may have reached a new low with a twisted new contest in which female slaves captured in war are given away as “prizes” to fighters who show they have mastered the Quran.
The shocking practice of giving away human beings as prizes, called “sibya,” was organized by the Da’wa and Mosques Department in Al-Baraka province in Syria in honor of the beginning of the holy month of Ramadan and was announced June 19 on ISIS Twitter accounts, according to the Middle East Media Research Institute and the Clarion Project, two independent research institutes that track social media accounts linked to terrorist groups.
An announcement on Twitter “begins with congratulations to ISIS soldiers and departments in the province upon the beginning of the month of Ramadan,” MEMRI wrote. “It then announces the upcoming Koran memorization competition, at which it says participants will be tested and given prizes accordingly.”
The statement lists the prizes planned for the top 10 competitors, with the top three to each be awarded a female slave: “Winner of the first place [will be granted] (sibya) [a female slave who was captured at war],” the translation by MEMRI read.
The contest in Syria plays upon two major ISIS themes, said Ryan Mauro, national security analyst for the New York-based Clarion Project: They are the ones who most closely follow “true” Islam and the Islamic State is a “legitimate” state. The contest and its underlying competition demonstrate that fighters are studying the Quran, and that ISIS is not affected by international condemnation.
“By showcasing its slavery, ISIS is boasting that it practices Islam in its most literal interpretation, doesn’t capitulate to public opinion and rejects modern interpretations,” Mauro said. “It is also showing it has a functional Islamic educational system and therefore is a real caliphate.
“The timing of the announcement is significant as Ramadan is a time of year where Muslims are charged with rejuvenating their faith.
“Memorizing the Koran is considered a pious and worthy thing to do and many memorization competitions are held around the world, especially during Ramadan,” the Clarion Project said in its June 21 report. “It is believed to be the month during which Mohammed received the Koran.”
The chapters that the Islamic State challenged its followers to memorize include “some of the most warlike passages in the entire Koran.”
The announcement told the competitors to come to one of four mosques including the “Mosques of Abu Bakr el-Sadiq, The Mosque of Osama Bin Laden, The Mosque of Abu Musab el-Zarqawi or The Mosque of el-Taqwa,” and listed prizes, including “slave girls” and Syrian currency amounting to $500 or less.
“We ask the great lord to make your life easier and to grant you with what he loves and what pleases him,” the announcement concludes.
The treatment of girls and women captured by ISIS has become increasingly horrific and alarming, numerous human rights activists said.
In 2014, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a UK-based monitoring group, reported 300 Yazidi girls and women captured in Iraq were forced to convert to Islam and sold to ISIS jihadists in Syria for $1,000.
Last November, ISIS reportedly unveiled a menu of sorts for women and children for sale, with women 40 to 50 years old sold for just $40, girls between 10 and 20 years old auctioned for $129 each, and children under 10 commanding higher prices. A Human Rights Watch report issued in April documented continued organized rapes, sexual assault and other horrific crimes against Yazidi women and girls kidnapped from their homes and held as captives in Iraq and Syria.
The United Nation envoy on sexual violence reported in June that girls and women are being traded for as little as a pack of cigarettes, citing testimony from girls and women who were able to escape their captors.
Re: Female Slaves Offered As Top Prize In Quran Competition... by katerine7(f): 7:39am On Jun 24, 2015
OK o

(1) (Reply)

The Self-hatred Of The Igbo People / Breaking News: Buhari Fires CSO, Appoints replacement / Unpaid Salaries: Strike Looms In 32 Tertiary Institutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.