Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,436 members, 7,861,219 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:30 AM

Love In Practice - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Love In Practice (348 Views)

7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism / What About Love In The Quran? / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens (tuesday - 23/6//15)- LOVE IN PRACTICE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Love In Practice by kpakpandoN(m): 6:13am On Jun 24, 2015
The character of love is seen in practise and not through empty words. This is the reason why John the beloved advised that we should make the expression of our love practical. One practical way of expressing love is through giving. The Bible in John 3:16 says that God loved the world, and this love compelled Him to give His only begotten Son, so that men could be saved. It was through the medium of giving that God ascertained the love Abraham had for Him (Genesis 22:10-18).

Many people deceive themselves that they love God, but God knows they are far from what they claim to be. When God lays a demand on them, even of those things that legitimately belong to Him, they give reasons why they cannot respond positively, expecting Him to understand the situation they are passing through. For example, some people deny God of tithes and offerings, and they expect Him to understand.

Our giving should also be directed towards our fellow human beings, since this is more direct. It is an expression of love to someone we can see. As a matter of fact, Jesus appreciates our gesture towards our fellow human being, particularly those of the household of faith. He said in Matthew 25:34-36 that:
“Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.”
John the beloved in 1 John 3:17 also asked this question:
“But whoso hath this world’s good, and seeth his brother have need and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?”

A popular adage goes: “A friend in need is a friend indeed.” I would rather say “A brother in need is a brother indeed.” Some brethren find it difficult to pick up a stranded brother that is known to them on the road. Beloved, let us go back to the basics of love as was taught in the early days of the Church. This will make our Lord happy, and He shall bless us in return.

(1) (Reply)

It Goes Beyond Your Dance Steps / Your Faith Is Your Fortune! / Issues With Todays Church What Is Your Opinion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.