Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,112 members, 7,953,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:34 PM

Why I Stopped Ramadan Feeding – El-rufai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Stopped Ramadan Feeding – El-rufai (672 Views)

Why I Stopped DSS Operatives From Arresting Judge, By Wike / Aisha Buhari Ramadan Feeding- 5 Day Old Baby Trampled To Death In Kebbi State / Obi: I Stopped Obasanjo From Sleeping In Anambra And Saved Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Stopped Ramadan Feeding – El-rufai by wise7(m): 7:30am On Jun 24, 2015
Governor of Kaduna State, Malam Nasir el-Rufai yesterday explained why he stopped the annual Ramadan feeding introduced by previous administrations in the state.
El-Rufai said he decided to discontinue the practice of distributing food items and gifts during Ramadan because the state was broke, and needs to tighten its belt to serve the people better, in a manner that befits their massive support for change.
El-Rufai who explained this through his spokesman, Samuel Aruwan, said it is clear that the state government will no longer tolerate the siphoning of government resources in the guise of gifts to prominent politicians, public servants and famous figures, or the feeding of indigent persons during religious occasions.
The governor went further to explain that the government has stopped issuing contracts to so called ‘super’ politicians to supply foods, beverages and other essentials as Ramadan gifts across the state because the process is entirely fraudulent with nothing tangible to show for it, except playing to the gallery to score cheap political goals and fraudulently enrich a few individuals. He said that it is a known fact that the so-called feeding of the poor during Ramadan is a window created to loot the public treasury with impunity using religion as a cover.
He noted that findings have revealed how it is mainly prominent politicians and influential personalities that benefit from the Ramadan and Christmas gifts instead of the so called ‘poor’. “Foodstuffs, bought with public resources, are distributed to prominent government officials and other personalities, while the poor in whose name those foods are procured queue in droves for crumbs.
And are constantly subjected to several forms of hardships and degrading circumstances after such sham gestures.

Source :http://leadership.ng/news/442635/why-i-stopped-ramadan-feeding-el-rufai
Re: Why I Stopped Ramadan Feeding – El-rufai by Valwezzy: 7:30am On Jun 24, 2015
Good move
Re: Why I Stopped Ramadan Feeding – El-rufai by funlord(m): 9:40am On Jun 24, 2015
grin KD mafia in trouble! Lmfao!
Re: Why I Stopped Ramadan Feeding – El-rufai by Lordwize(m): 1:17pm On Jun 24, 2015
That is change in action, other Governors should emulate him.

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: World Bank Country Director For Nigeria Adopts Nigerian Boy / Rivers Sacks All Waste Mgt. Contractors, Calls For Fresh Applications / XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Force South Africans To Pull Down Facebook Sponsored Ad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.