Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,864 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Naira Faces Fresh Pressure, Falls To 222 Per Dollar - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Faces Fresh Pressure, Falls To 222 Per Dollar (21439 Views)

Naira Faces Further Decline On Continued Dollar Scarcity / Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 / Naira Falls To N370 Per Dollar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Faces Fresh Pressure, Falls To 222 Per Dollar by Validated: 3:03pm On Jun 24, 2015
In Keneking voice
[size=15pt]"Buhariooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! [/size]grin

Mr. Buhari and APC are already confused. This is just one month and the honeymoon is already over. If GEJ was called kindergarten president, what can we call this Perhaps Bisi Akande can help!!!
Re: Naira Faces Fresh Pressure, Falls To 222 Per Dollar by Itulah(m): 4:40pm On Jun 24, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Singing Jim reeves * this world is not my own, I'm just passing through

grin grin
Re: Naira Faces Fresh Pressure, Falls To 222 Per Dollar by omojeesu(m): 4:50pm On Jun 24, 2015
bushdoc9919:

No....

The major cause is simple.

We are a resource dependent economy.

When the oil price is high....Nigeria has loads of foreign currency to back up the Naira....so the Naira gets stronger.

When the oil price is low....Nigeria does not have loads of foreign currency to back up the Naira....hence the current situation.

The simple solution is industrialization.Industrial development will enable us to produce competitive goods for the international market...and would provide jobs and attract investors galore....and by extension forex. But you Nigerians prefer your imported things. You won't make the needed investment in education and industry....which would lead us to industrial development. You won't deal with your security issues....you beg the govt not to bomb the NE and the SS because ?....and you won't deal with corruption....so who would invest in Nigeria, when he/she has to spend far more cash on bribes...and power and water supply, and even the security?

You better stop blaming the white man, and you , me and all of us better start blaming ourselves. When we welcome looters like that ex governor of Jigawa with much joy....why won't we be underdeveloped? His mates abroad who do corrupt deals are cooling their heels in jail.

Thanks for the education. I appreciate it. We are saying same thing from different perspectives. Those who MANAGE our economy are crooked. Our business men work with our government to loot us. YES we are to blame. But then you see the ESOTERICS are not apparent. There is a bigger picture than all these!
Re: Naira Faces Fresh Pressure, Falls To 222 Per Dollar by Onegai(f): 6:10pm On Jun 24, 2015
andyanders:
We cannot just change things like this unless we tell ourselves the truth. We can ONLY force the dollar down and our naira improve in value only when we increase our export. We are not producing anything for export and we keep importing hence our present predicament.

I suggest that through NYSC scheme, they should be deployed into mechanized farming by granting them loan and using that 1 yr mandatory service to start empowering them to create employment and be an employer of labour, rather than wasting their youthfulness by engaging them where our senators and law makers would want to have them as s3x dolls

Agriculture alone will not save us. We need Agriculture and Industrialisation. And if the govt makes the NYSC scheme go to the farms, people will scream and his detractors will use it to stymie any other govt policy he passes. Nigerians are very short-term minded. Those who opposed subsidy removal did because it was still going to flow to corrupt pockets but the story was hijacked and turned into "poverty for the masses". Nigerians tend to fight their govt, good policy or bad. Then wail and lament later. No-one wants to make the necessary sacrifices for the future.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Faces Fresh Pressure, Falls To 222 Per Dollar by andyanders: 8:42pm On Jun 26, 2015
Onegai:

Agriculture alone will not save us. We need Agriculture and Industrialisation. And if the govt makes the NYSC scheme go to the farms, people will scream and his detractors will use it to stymie any other govt policy he passes. Nigerians are very short-term minded. Those who opposed subsidy removal did because it was still going to flow to corrupt pockets but the story was hijacked and turned into "poverty for the masses". Nigerians tend to fight their govt, good policy or bad. Then wail and lament later. No-one wants to make the necessary sacrifices for the future.

You are right my sister as the government need to encourage the private sector of those who are into production of locally made products and granting soft loan to them in order to help them to grow and be employer of labour.

When their products meets international standard, they can start exporting in order to earn foreign exchange.
Re: Naira Faces Fresh Pressure, Falls To 222 Per Dollar by kamsypaul(f): 4:05pm On Jan 21, 2016
where do we go from here things are getting our of hands why are we complaining this is the CHANGE WE WANTED[i][/i] LOL

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lazy Freelancing Jobs Nigerians Can Do And Make Money On Fiverr / Fire Guts Bodija Market In Ibadan (Video, Pictures) / Fire At Plaza 44, Balogun Market, Lagos Island

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.