Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,772 members, 7,813,561 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:56 PM

Enyeama Shuns NFF, As Keshi Awaits Ruling - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Enyeama Shuns NFF, As Keshi Awaits Ruling (481 Views)

Stephen Keshi Is Dead / Yobo, NFF Executives In Uyo For Vincent Enyeama's Mum's Burial (Photos) / NFF Confirms ‘agreement’ With Oliseh As Keshi’s Successor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Enyeama Shuns NFF, As Keshi Awaits Ruling by Tennyrank(m): 10:12am On Jun 24, 2015
Super Eagles captain, Vincent Enyeama was conspicuously absent yesterday when the Organizing and Disciplinary Committee (O&grin) of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) sat over‘provocative remarks’ regarding Kaduna as an unsafe venue for Super Eagles matches.
Enyeama

Enyeama

However, Super Eagles Chief Coach, Stephen Keshi who honoured the invitation which was largely centred on his alleged bias in the selection of players told journalists after appearing before the committee that he was not worried about the issue because he had told them all he knew about the matter.

Keshi who stormed the NFF secretariat in company of his manager Emma Ado said his main concern at the moment is how to adequately prepare the Super Eagles for the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) qualifier against Tanzania in September.

“What is on my mind today is the next AFCON game against Tanzania and how to defeat them in September. We thank God for the victory against Chad in Kaduna, the next should be how to consolidate on that victory that should be our target now and not who said what.

On Vincent Enyeama, Keshi said, “I only know about myself; that I needed to be here today, but for Vincent Enyeama I don’t know about that.”

On the listing of his name for the job of the Elephants of Ivory Coast, Keshi again said he does not know anything about the Ivorian job even as he rejected any suggestion to drag the fellow West African country to court.

“I have said it before that I did not apply for the Ivorian job because I have a job which I am happy with. But talking about court, I will not do that because my name is everywhere and if I take them to court will I also take Kenya and Ghana to court? That is the experience of every coach in the world.” The NFF had summoned Super Eagles goalkeeper, Vincent Enyeama over comments he allegedly made about the Kaduna venue for the game against Chad.

I personally feel Enyeama is wrong because he is a role model to some people out there in the country. Is that what he expects from the younger generation? Sure, he apologised via his twitter handle, but steps he has taken thereafter are damaging. If he wants to retire from international football he should that in peace rather than insult Nigerians, through the NFF. Though, NFF has her blame, it is the executive and not the institution. What is your take?
Re: Enyeama Shuns NFF, As Keshi Awaits Ruling by kossyablaze(m): 10:15am On Jun 24, 2015
I dey em back bark bake

3 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Arsenal Sign Petr Cech From Chelsea / Lukas Podolski: Once Upon A Gunner / What Does Romero’s Arrival At Man Utd Mean For De Gea?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.