Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

How To Promote Your Music As An Upcoming Artist For Free - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / How To Promote Your Music As An Upcoming Artist For Free (8563 Views)

Music As A Warning Or Prophesy With Late Sikiru Ayinde Barrister's Photo / Hkn ( Davido ) Record Label Needs Upcoming Artist For Sign In. Audition Is Going / 9 Best Ways To Promote Your Music In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Promote Your Music As An Upcoming Artist For Free by Maryannlive(f): 10:58am On Jun 24, 2015
As a Blogger, Online and on air Promoter, I meet many upcoming artist who just record their songs and burning to CDs and running around the streets begging people to buy it... No matter how nice it is no one will. I rem once I bought it just to help the artist after he left I toss it away, not nice, I know but you can imagine the reaction from others...well am gonna give some tips on how you can promote yourself the free way, although there's the paid one too.... Its not full guarantee but its a step worth taking.

1. Be active on social media

People will say, yea its normal, but most upcoming artist underestimate this...I invited an upcoming artist to my show (Maryann live show on Wazobia abuja) and I asked for his twitter handle, I typed it into the system, behold he had only 13followers, following 8 people and last time he post was last year... Now after announcing his handle on air n Ppl checked him out, how many people will follow him?

Twitter, Facebook, Facebook Page, Instagram should be your close companion... Sell yourself on this medium.. Let them know what you do and what you stand for... Let them know your open to come and perform, for a start without pay, but your tp would be taken care of.

So many people underestimate the power of Instagram, with the fact that you can post 15sec video, harness that free awoof to free style n post. I start a fashion column on Instagram and I have over 400 followers in just 2 weeks, wondering how I did it ( that's my lil secret which I'll share later)

2. Take full Advantage of YouTube

Hmmm yes I said youtube... Many Ppl are of the opinion YouTube is only for Videos, no ways, YouTube carries both video and audio. I adviced an upcoming artist to upload his song on YouTube, he was complaining n got angry why I asked him to do an impossible task, I didn't answer him again. Another one met me n I told him to do the same he pleaded that he tried but cant and I should help.. I help him (ofcourse he took care of recharge card).

The long and short of the story, I put his audio on YouTube and promoted the link, in 24hrs he 200 views, some like and some disliked it...n (frankly d song no too sweet like dt).... You should have your YouTube Chanel where your album and everything about you will be visible to the world.. Uploading audio is a bit tricky but meet a cafe guy he should be able to help.

3. Produce a Good Marketable Song

This should actually be the first, but after putting d not so sweet song on youtube n it had 200 views in a day, then who am I to judge, so i thought this should come last ( one man's food could be another man's posion). Some people might tell you your song no make sense, but when you push harder it turns out to be the opposite, so I don't discourage anyone...

As an on air personnel, I get to meet loads of upcoming artist with different songs and vibes... Truth is, out of every 15 I meet only 1 is good. When you take your songs to oaps and beg them to promote you, they listen to your song n e no make sense, thats when money talk comes in...

But if your song is nice n different trust me help will come. An OAP came with a song to my show n asked me to just listen to it, after listening, I was like, I need this on my show, right away... Everyone was just playing his song without a dime from him... Everyone wants to blow, then come up with a music that's different from the rest and with meaningful Lyrics (very very important). Any song with Bleep or nigga stuffs like that if it manages to get play on air, it will be edited out... For me I don't play it at all.

Well guys, there you have it, like I said this is the free way and its worth trying... Good luck
If you have questions just drop in the comment box..

2 Likes

Re: How To Promote Your Music As An Upcoming Artist For Free by crazygod(m): 12:39pm On Jun 24, 2015
@ Maryann, nice post. Very direct too. Especially with the social media point.

I have a question for u though.... I gathered from your write-up that u are an OAP. Pls be realistic, will u continue to play an upcoming artist's song for free all thru a whole month even if the artists sings like a nightingale? And do u also play gospel songs on ur program? I really want to know. Cos most OAP's take advantage of upcomers and ask for money in respect of whether the song is a hit or a miss. Kindly drop ur twitter handle. Thanks
Re: How To Promote Your Music As An Upcoming Artist For Free by Prestige324: 11:48pm On Jun 24, 2015
Wizkid new song with Mgazeen and Wale titled, so low

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDaL4PDmpdE
Re: How To Promote Your Music As An Upcoming Artist For Free by adeyrossin(m): 10:15pm On Jul 06, 2015
Re: How To Promote Your Music As An Upcoming Artist For Free by eichblak(m): 11:21pm On Dec 16, 2016
hello Mary, i am upcoming artist. i have 2 songs i would like you to listen to and help me promote it please. how do i upload it to you? hope to hear from you. Thanks
Re: How To Promote Your Music As An Upcoming Artist For Free by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 17, 2016
Thanks for the hints
Re: How To Promote Your Music As An Upcoming Artist For Free by dougivilla(m): 6:54pm On Feb 19, 2017
Nice tips. Kindly check this gospel song out and give me your honest opinion

https://www.reverbnation.com/a_3d72
Re: How To Promote Your Music As An Upcoming Artist For Free by GreatRemi: 3:22pm On Aug 03, 2017
Gbajumo.com is a website created for the purpose of steaming live shows, getting updated of upcoming events and also give upcoming artistes the opportunity to showcase their talent. gbajumo is also a platform where individuals can visit to know more about already known artistes and the upcoming ones; like artiste is questions biography and every other things you want to know about the artiste.

Gbajumo is interested in publishing your talents on their webpage, if you have gone through all necessary registration procedure.

E-mail: info@gbajumo.com
Phone: 08127592699, 08126527454

Address: 27, Coker Street, off Orimolade But-stop, College Road, Ogba, Lagos.
Re: How To Promote Your Music As An Upcoming Artist For Free by FashionConnectNg: 10:31pm On Sep 10, 2017
Are you an upcoming artiste in need of a good platform to get your track across Nigerians?

Join Below to know how you can achieve that with minimum stress requirement and funds.

+2349039129742
Re: How To Promote Your Music As An Upcoming Artist For Free by TEEMIKEMEDIA(m): 4:01pm On Jul 23, 2019
Are you feeling dazed about your music promotion?
Teemikemedia.com.ng is an online music (entertainment) portal that helps you get your song viral on the net @an affordable price

Get your song on Teemikemedia.com.ng + bonus massive trends on all social media

Call or WhatsApp Teemike on +2347060733664

Visit www.teemikemedia.com.ng/p/promote-music.html for more info

Re: How To Promote Your Music As An Upcoming Artist For Free by soccer2: 10:44am On Jul 24, 2019
Promote Your Songs/Videos On YouTube for as low as ₦5000.

DONLAMI TV is an all round entertainment YouTube channel that supports Upcoming Artists and boasts of 4000 SUBSCRIBERS ����

For Adverts and Bookings
WhatsApp & Call : 08109197880
Email: Donlamitv@gmail.com
Re: How To Promote Your Music As An Upcoming Artist For Free by dayssolalee(m): 1:10pm On Oct 17, 2019
7 Best Places to Upload and Promote Your Music Free

With Spotify hitting 170 million monthly active users this year, there’s little doubt the future of music is online. Local bands can upload their music online on a multitude of platforms including Spotify and expose their music to millions in just an instant. In some cases, bypassing the need for third parties like a record label completely. You are asking , how can I promote my music free?

Listed below are some of the platforms you can take advantage of and create a pathway for your music to travel far and wide. Check it out

https://smenmusic.com.ng/7-best-places-to-upload-and-promote-your-music-free/

Re: How To Promote Your Music As An Upcoming Artist For Free by TEEMIKEMEDIA(m): 11:09am On Nov 16, 2019
Are you a musician or a producer at any record label in Nigeria? If you are looking for websites to promote your music or your client music, worry no more as we begin our music promo at your own affordable price with massive hype and get them on Google search.

Also uploads on several websites

WhatsApp: 09017475154 for more info...

Or learn more from the link below

https://www.naijamedialog.com.ng/p/promote-music.html

Call: 07060733664 for more details

Re: How To Promote Your Music As An Upcoming Artist For Free by TEEMIKEMEDIA(m): 5:19pm On Nov 20, 2019
Are you feeling dazed about your music promotion?
Naijamedialog.com.ng is an online music (entertainment) portal that helps you get your song viral on the net @ an affordable price

Get your song on Naijamedialog.com.ng + other three websites with just N1000 because we've started our promo.

Call or WhatsApp Teemike on +2349017475154 before we end the promo.

Visit www.naijamedialog.com.ng/p/promote-music.html for more info
Re: How To Promote Your Music As An Upcoming Artist For Free by somtookeke(m): 9:15am On Dec 21, 2019
Start promoting your songs the smart way!

Free Music Artist Promotion - December 2019

https://speakersden2..com/2019/12/free-music-artist-promotion-december.html

With digital music consumption on the rise, the music world is getting crowded! Push Power Promo can help you stand out from the competition. We promote music from hard-working, talented artists every day. Our music services are top of the line! Not only do we offer free music promotion on our blog, but we connect our community of musicians and artists to hundreds of free opportunities throughout the year including radio shows, podcasts, label submissions, music contests, others blog platforms and more. Over the past several years, we've witnessed our members and clients get placements and new fans from a broad range of opportunities on the net.

Read more on how we promte for free:

https://speakersden2..com/2019/12/free-music-artist-promotion-december.html

Other Headlines;

impeachment vote, Pelosi invites Trump to give 2020 State of the Union address
https://speakersden2..com/2019/12/impeachment-vote-pelosi-invites-trump.html

EPL: Arteta fires strong warning to Arsenal players during unveiling
https://speakersden2..com/2019/12/epl-arteta-fires-strong-warning-to.html

Roma beat Fiorentina to solidify Champions League push
https://speakersden2..com/2019/12/roma-beat-fiorentina-to-solidify.html

What is a Sitemap (How to Generate Them)
https://speakersden2..com/2019/12/what-is-sitemap-how-to-generate-them.html

Fani-Kayode Tells Danjuma To Reveal Secrets In Nigeria
https://speakersden2..com/2019/12/fani-kayode-tells-danjuma-to-reveal.html

Judge Declares Prostitution Is Not A Crime In Nigeria After Ruling In Favour Of 16 Girls
https://speakersden2..com/2019/12/judge-declares-prostitution-is-not.html

SHARE, LIKE, COMMENT

1 Share

Re: How To Promote Your Music As An Upcoming Artist For Free by gabnite: 5:49am On Aug 03, 2021
Playlists should be a part of all independent artists’ marketing strategy. One of the best ways to get streams and income as an independent artist is getting into a Spotify Playlist. Or Deezer, Apple Music, Tidal etc…
You can use apps like pitchster or playlist directory to find playlists and get curators contact details or forms to submit your song for free

(1) (Reply)

Latest Foreign Hit Songs / Gangnam Style Becomes Youtube's Most Watched Video. / Sean "Puffy" Combs A.k.a Puff Daddy Arrested Over Tupac Shakur's Murder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.