Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Buying Engine VS Rebuilding- Your Advice Please - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Buying Engine VS Rebuilding- Your Advice Please (706 Views)

How My Car Was Wrecked Due The Carelessness Of A Police Officer. Advice Please! / Land Rover Is Rebuilding 1970s Range Rovers For The Wealthy (photos) / Rebuilding My '13 Pin' (toyota U151E) Transmission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Buying Engine VS Rebuilding- Your Advice Please by uridadole: 1:42pm On Jun 24, 2015
My car engine was sound until one morining in april when I started it and it did not pick well. I suspected plug wires and changed. It repeated same problem and I called a mechanic. Not my usual mechanic anyway because I was far from him. The guy interchanged my plug wires (he interchanged number 2 and 3 between engine and distributor)
We did everything and it would not work fine not realising the mistake. Now he opened my engine, grind the two valves concerned and coupled back, yet the problem was still there. We realised the problem later and the car worked fyn but oil in the engine dried up completely after the car was driven for 200kms.
I changed oil and tried again, it still dried after same distance.

My mechanic opened the engine again and told me I have to ring the engine.

My question is if I will not end up wasting scarce resources before coming back to buy engine. Is it really preferable to rebuild engine completely or get another used engine? Advise please.
Re: Buying Engine VS Rebuilding- Your Advice Please by sonnie10: 4:31pm On Jun 24, 2015
What make, year and model is your car. I ask because for some engines, it is a waste of time to rebuild when a tokunbo engine would be more cost effective.
Re: Buying Engine VS Rebuilding- Your Advice Please by Lexusgs430: 5:33pm On Jun 24, 2015
Best to buy another engine of the same specification, on the proviso that you get some sort of warranty after replacing.

(1) (Reply)

D / How Much Is 2002acura MDX Auto Transmition In The Market Now / Please Advise Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.