Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (186) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (546325 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Toluth(m): 3:55pm On Jan 10, 2011
Congrats to house members that has been given the green card, and to those that were denied, yours is around the corner,
@all, Pls I need list of schools that offer masters in Economics, I'v tried all the normal search sites, but I'v not been able to come across any, Quick reply will be appreciated.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 4:01pm On Jan 10, 2011
spencer4:

Good day people. Please I have an admission from A university in Arkansas with my Form I-20. I have all other documents including financial statement and SAT and Toefl result. Am planning of Visa Interview in 4 months time which is like between 2 months to my resumption. My waec result has all my subjects cancelled while neco has my name wrongly spelt. I wrote Gce neco and i have a strong feeling it will be good. Please can someone advise me
firstly wen u applied to d skool,wat results did u snd to them?Cuz b4 u cld b given addmission at any u.s university u av to submit ur waec rsult with at least 5 crd including maths nd english.So i think its better u av ur waec rsult b4 u even go to the embassy at all,nd did u apply 4 post graduate or undergraduate studies(freshman).But pls try to get a 5 crdit waec result.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by spencer4: 4:09pm On Jan 10, 2011
They gave me admission without asking for my waec. Okay can i go to the embassy with Neco?, and its undergraduate studies,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 4:43pm On Jan 10, 2011
spencer4:

They gave me admission without asking for my waec. Okay can i go to the embassy with Neco?, and its undergraduate studies,
u might b lucky they wldnt ask 4 ur waec result at d embassy,bt on most times they ask nd most times too they dnt ask,but its better u take ur waec or gce rsult cuz they feel waec nd gce is vry genuin nd truthfull than any other nigerian exams.Nd u might get lucky at d embassy,nd they wldnt even ask u 4 any thing,but that happens on a rare occassion,bt i pray u will b part of d lucky ones dat will aquire their visas nxt 4 months.Amina
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by smoothsail: 4:50pm On Jan 10, 2011
@Naggy: could you please make a comment on my post.My interview is tomorrow and I just called the school now and they said the lastest day I can arrive is on 14th which is friday and if I get the green ticket tomorrow I will be getting back my passport on 13th thursday, please advice me on what to do, I'm really confused right now. What do I do please.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by naggy: 4:50pm On Jan 10, 2011
@Skelewe: I am the last person that would be rude to anyone, Mind let's say this guy already has a list of schools he's considering and maybe he posted them seeking advise on which he should apply to, then that's a different case altogether and much more understandable which everyone will be willing to help. It's just like you asking someone else to tell you a course you should study. He has to do the research himself then wherever he encounters difficulties, that is when NL comes in to assist him greatly. Take Toluth's post for an example, he/she indicated searching for schools that offers Masters in Economics but couldn't find any. Now if I or anybody else knows of any school, we would be very glad to make suggestions. Not when someone has made no moves or researched and is now asking for suggestions. What if we suggest anyhow schools to him and he eventually applies what becomes of him? You check it yourself, Okay suggest schools to him and see if you wouldn't finish up one full page and more. So my broda man it's not like how you think am.

@Waryz: anyways if you pay part of your tuition fees and unfortunately your visa application was denied, I THINK you should simply forward back your I-20 and visa refusal letter to them and then apply for a refund. If that school is a trusted one, you would most likely get your money back. I hope that's what your asking?

Wishing my bros from another mumsie - Kwizzy212, a safe flight to the US today!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by smoothsail: 5:03pm On Jan 10, 2011
@Naggy: please advice on my post.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 5:06pm On Jan 10, 2011
Thanks naggy,i hail u my brova. wink
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 5:11pm On Jan 10, 2011
[b][/b][color=#770077][/color]@spencer4 how many weeks did it take d skool u applied to in akansas 4 them to send u ur admission nd i20 form after you applied?,cuz am still waiting 4 mine.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by naggy: 5:20pm On Jan 10, 2011
spencer4: consider this very carefully. So long as you are going for undergraduate, the chances of being asked for your WAEC result is like 97.9% cos that is what will be used to evaluate your academic strength for studies in the US. They fit forget to ask you for financial papers but for academic documents that one go hard oh although that doesn't mean it is not possible. Therefore the only way you may escape it is if you're a fresh high school graduate which you could tell them you only just graduated last year and it takes 2/3years to get the original results or better still it has not been released yet. Secondly, if you have your transcript and SAT/ACT scores. You fit use any one of these cover yourself, I rarely hear people using NECO even GCE better sef cos I doubt they even regard the former. In my best opinion if your interview is still far ahead in time, go to GIEVA and register for SAT or ACT to be on a safe side.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by skelewe: 5:23pm On Jan 10, 2011
@naggy no worries i completely agree with you i just felt it was a bit harsh they way you replied to the question you know say no be everybody sharp, congrats on your visa i hope i too i'm lucky next attempt
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by smoothsail: 5:32pm On Jan 10, 2011
@Naggy: shey I offend you ni, why you no even regard no respnd to my post at all.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by naggy: 5:49pm On Jan 10, 2011
chai broda smoothsail, your case is very critical oh. I've been cracking my head since but is that like your school's final decision No now they should accomodate your request why would they be resolute on that 14th! These schools sef dem no know wetin person dey see. Anyway back to business, if that's the case there are two options before you. The first is supposing your visa is eventually approved, you will have to defer your enrollment to Fall 2011 and let them have a new I-20 issued to you which will reflect a new date. Secondly if your bent on resuming this Spring and they can't give you an extension, start today and pack your belongings. Go online, book an airline that allows refundable ticket and make your reservation. If by tomorrow your visa is approved, go and pay for that flight against 13th night or 14th morning so that once you get your passport back on 13th morning or afternoon, you can travel that same night or the morning of the following day being 14th. Supposing it's a direct flight with no stopovers and you guys leave in the morning, I know Arik Air does that, you should get to the US before midnight that same 14th. But men this second one is going to be real tough cos you will multitask and that would only work if you have funds readily available to you and there are no delays in getting your passport back on the 13th. Aside that defer your enrollment or you can still press on with your request to the school, who knows there might just be a change of decision!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by naggy: 6:29pm On Jan 10, 2011
@Neduman: these guidelines might help you in making a decision as to the instituition you would want to study.

1) decide on the course you intend to study
2) assess your financial capability so as to make a choice whether you would want to study in a private or public university as well as your chances of getting scholarships.
3) draw a list of top 5 states you would like to stay in the US.
4) narrow your list to the top 3, then go to Wikipedia and read about those states.
5) cut down again to your best 2 and then google up the universities and colleges located in both choice state.
6) choose your 5 best institutions drawing them from the two states.
7) make extensive research (Wiki) into each of the schools individually with the following in consideration as to your preference- school type, cost of living and education, teaching quality, admission requirements, chances of scholarship and aid and other factors you may have in mind.
cool after drawing your conclusion, narrow the number of schools to your top 3 and then contact the respective admissions office for each instituition you have chosen for further information on the admission process.
9) gather all your educational, financial and supporting documents.
10) officially initiate the admission process by paying the application fees if applicable and sending in your academic and supporting documents etc there you are!

Should you be confused or have problems in making a choice after your research you can always come back here to post about it. I know there are thousand lots of good people here that will be ever willing to assist you whichever way they can.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 6:47pm On Jan 10, 2011
Spencer4 dnt 4get to post me on how many weeks it took d skool u applied,to send u ur addmission nd i20 form after u sent ur educational documents to d skool?[color=#006600][/color]
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by smoothsail: 6:48pm On Jan 10, 2011
@Naggy: common you're just an asset nairaland doesn't not know. You're just two good, but never the less should I go for my interview tomorrow? If its about money, I've got enough personally. At least like 4M so that's not a problem, but in any of this cases I should go ahead for my interview tomorrow sha? Shey the embassy won't disturb me about the resumption date on i-20 which is today 10th?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by smoothsail: 7:00pm On Jan 10, 2011
@naggy: sorry for all the errors on my previous post, I mean you're just too good and you're an asset nairaland doesn't recognise, I'm typing while driving, lol sorry
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by smoothsail: 7:34pm On Jan 10, 2011
@Naggy: I just booked arik flight now. and it leaves One way Lagos Murtala M. - New York/J. F. Kennedy Thu 1/13/2011 11:50 PM - and arrive Fri 1/14/2011 5:50 AM.

But i don't know how far is New York to Minnesota, it sha can not be more than 4hours or 5hours at most,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 8:36pm On Jan 10, 2011
smoothsail:

@Naggy: I just booked arik flight now. and it leaves One way Lagos Murtala M. - New York/J. F. Kennedy Thu 1/13/2011 11:50 PM - and arrive Fri 1/14/2011 5:50 AM.

But i don't know how far is New York to Minnesota, it sha can not be more than 4hours or 5hours at most,

Beep kwizzy. He should be in Minnesota by tomorrow. He can then tell you what you need to know.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 10:42pm On Jan 10, 2011
Pls can anyone tll me how long it took him/her to get there admissions nd i20 after him/her applied and sent his/her educational documents.fast answers pls.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 10:45pm On Jan 10, 2011
@smoothsail i have a critical case like yours too but i still hope and believe in God, most of my friends in US have advice me to defer my admission to fall even the int'l student advisor, but i still prove obstinate to them. My school send me a letter regarding my late arrival to show at the embassy and i must arrive the school on the 16th to begin my studies the next day. To me i never know what to do now since i haven't got the VISA.

I wish you best of luck in your interview tomorrow and i know definitely you'll come back  here with a smile.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 10:48pm On Jan 10, 2011
WARYZ:

Pls can anyone tll me how long it took him/her to get there admissions nd i20 after him/her applied and sent his/her educational documents.fast answers pls.

It depend on the school you are applying to and also the type of program you are going for. For me it only takes 2 weeks to get my I20
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 11:48pm On Jan 10, 2011
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][img][/img][color=#770077][/color]thanks 4 d quick reply seedord,u get mouf. wink
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by neduman: 8:09am On Jan 11, 2011
@NAGGY

THANKS U D BEST TRUST ME WE SHALL MEET AT SOME POINT.

KEEP UP D GUD WORK BRODA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 12:03pm On Jan 11, 2011
please house i need a cheap hotel in Abuja that is close to the US embassy around the range of 2k to 5k
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by layric: 4:19pm On Jan 11, 2011
Hello House ,whats happening ??AM sorry that i have not been here for some time i have been busy with registration and orientation in my school probably i will be back soon on here okay.

Any good news from the house?

Layric
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by femo2000(m): 5:36pm On Jan 11, 2011
@house hows everyone doing?
its been a while oo, I remembered when dis thread started it was just in time when I was about to apply for my F1 visa, theres enormous valuable info on this thread, my posts are btw page 4 and 6 or so. I got my visa with ease, I even applied for emergency appointment because my school resumption date was very close and there were no more appointment date on the VFS website.

I wish all of u guys success in your interviews. above all its Gods grace.
Stick to dis thread.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by femo2000(m): 5:39pm On Jan 11, 2011
@House,
Does anyone have friends or relative in d U.S in school currently doing pre-completion OPT?

I need some info. pls Save me once more,
appreciate
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by anfanio: 6:10pm On Jan 11, 2011
Femo2000,
What is pre-completion OPT?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 8:08pm On Jan 11, 2011
I know OPT is what Naija calls IT. It is like Internship. For those who are scared about resuming school after the date nor to worry yourself. One of my Naija guy came in like three weeks after we had resumed and he still got into classes. I understand your fears but trust me as long as you can cross that POE you nor get stress with school.

To me if Consular asks you about the date tell them it is because you been trying to book an appointment and for that you talked to your school already. No big deal. The consular na human being and he go understand!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by smoothsail: 6:37am On Jan 12, 2011
Easily and Smoothly, your boy smoothsail has cruised to AMERICA!!!!! I got my own personal green ticket yesterday afternoon around 1:45pm at Abuja consular, Let's parry my people

@Naggy: you're the best, I just did as you said, but I multi tasked, it was not easy, but all thanks to God, I am just extra ordinarily happy. Your boy smoothsail is sailing to Minnesota.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 9:20am On Jan 12, 2011
smoothsail:

Easily and Smoothly, your boy smoothsail has cruised to AMERICA!!!!! I got my own personal green ticket yesterday afternoon around 1:45pm at Abuja consular, Let's parry my people

@Naggy: you're the best, I just did as you said, but I multi tasked, it was not easy, but all thanks to God, I am just extra ordinarily happy. Your boy smoothsail is sailing to Minnesota.

Congrats smoothsail. Have a safe trip. smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.