Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,594 members, 7,823,580 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (193) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (546381 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by smoothsail: 8:22am On Feb 09, 2011
Abeg forget Kentro or whatever he calls himself and let's get back to business, where are the fall applicants, let's relate, i've got time now
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by shamoney1: 8:31am On Feb 09, 2011
Please my people am somehow new here,i retook the SAT n d score wil be out tomoro.I hope to get maximum help from my brodas here as per d skuls to apply to, I appreciate d help we r renderin ourselves here, Pls letz kip it up,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by femiap: 3:07am On Feb 10, 2011
Hello house and happy new year!!!.I have been emngrossed with settling down here in yankee oh,its not easy but we go survive.

I want to thank the founder of this thread once again because the informations i got here really played a major part in me securing my F-1 visa last december.

For the Fall 2011 applicants,all i will say is apart from praying,you guys should take time to read the thread from the very beginning before you go for your interview coz t

the informations you guys will get will really equip you guys intellectually and this goes a long way in getting your visas.I wish u guys best of luck!!!

N.B, for those looking for schools with tuition in the range of 5000-7000dollars,i will advice you research about schools from

TEXAS
OKLAHOMA
NEW MEXICO
LOUISANIA

Apart fromt the fact that they are less expensive compare to schools in the east coast of america,scholarship opportunities are avalaible most especiallly in texas

universities.Also i will advice if the Fall Applicants can have one or two certifications just to add to their resume because this goes a long way in making scholarships

easier to get in Texas universities(talking from experience oh).

Ojap, how far will be coming to california during summer oh so get ready.

If any of the Fall Applicant needs assistance concerning their application that pertains to the aforementioned states,

Best of Luck!!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by oyewolejos(m): 7:09am On Feb 10, 2011
femiap:

Hello house and happy new year!!!.I have been emngrossed with settling down here in yankee oh,its not easy but we go survive.

I want to thank the founder of this thread once again because the informations i got here really played a major part in me securing my F-1 visa last december.

For the Fall 2011 applicants,all i will say is apart from praying,you guys should take time to read the thread from the very beginning before you go for your interview coz t

the informations you guys will get will really equip you guys intellectually and this goes a long way in getting your visas.I wish u guys best of luck!!!

N.B, for those looking for schools with tuition in the range of 5000-7000dollars,i will advice you research about schools from

TEXAS
OKLAHOMA
NEW MEXICO
LOUISANIA

Apart fromt the fact that they are less expensive compare to schools in the east coast of america,scholarship opportunities are avalaible most especiallly in texas

universities.Also i will advice if the Fall Applicants can have one or two certifications just to add to their resume because this goes a long way in making scholarships

If any of the Fall Applicant needs assistance concerning their application that pertains to the aforementioned states,you can send a mail to femy804000@gmail.com.

Best of Luck!!!!

Bring it on lets rock Cali together. Stop by in L.A when u come to CA.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 4:59pm On Feb 10, 2011
Hello folks,

Finally, after the long wait, I get my dream school. Got a call from Penn State that I've been admitted for the fall 2011 semester and that I should expect my admission letter soonest. It's about time.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 7:47pm On Feb 10, 2011
femiap:

TEXAS
OKLAHOMA
NEW MEXICO
LOUISANIA

If any of the Fall Applicant needs assistance concerning their application that pertains to the aforementioned states,you can send a mail to femy804000@gmail.com.

Best of Luck!!!!
Nothing do you my brother, i will be expecting you.Make i help you arrange ch**ks?, lol. I will shoot you an email now.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 7:49pm On Feb 10, 2011
Superbrain:

Hello folks,

Finally, after the long wait, I get my dream school. Got a call from Penn State that I've been admitted for the fall 2011 semester and that I should expect my admission letter soonest. It's about time.
Superbrain,i am so happy for you.Hope they finally gave you that thing as discussed? We will all get there.One Love.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 8:58pm On Feb 10, 2011
OjaP:

Superbrain,i am so happy for you.Hope they finally gave you that thing as discussed? We will all get there.One Love.

Thanks a lot bro- for the prayers and words of encouragement. Beep me on YIM. We got gist. wink
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by denio215(m): 9:49pm On Feb 10, 2011
Hi friends, I've gotten my I-20 and admission letter, I want to go and study Business Management in the U.S. I have OND in Business Administartion in naija polytechnic with good grade and I've been working with my father's company since then for over 5 years now as my father's personal assistant, So guys I would like to know the type of documents I need to take with me to the embassy and the likely questions that I maybe asked. Friends I'm looking forward to hearing from you.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by masepat: 5:33am On Feb 11, 2011
Superbrain,
This is great.
I am waiting for you in Penn State! Congrats.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by electronic(m): 6:21am On Feb 11, 2011
@SUPERBRAIN congrats man am happy for u finally made it!! To a Top Notch!! The Sky is ur office!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 10:54am On Feb 11, 2011
masepat:

Superbrain,
This is great.
I am waiting for you in Penn State! Congrats.

LOL. I am coming for you. grin grin grin

electronic:

@SUPERBRAIN congrats man am happy for u finally made it!! To a Top Notch!! The Sky is your office!!!

Amen oh. Thanks.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seanj1: 11:35am On Feb 11, 2011
Sorry guys, I know this place is for student visa stuffs, but I hope u guys can help out. pls what time of the day can i book for an interview date for visiting visa. looking for a date in march.thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by marvis32: 6:04pm On Feb 11, 2011
@Oghensikima how is life over there? D email addy u gave me didn't go throu.I'll apprecitae if u can email me on uodika@yahoo.com,ujodika@yahoo.com,marvisduker79@gmail.com.hope to hear frm u soon
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by shewhy: 9:37pm On Feb 11, 2011
House please pray for me o. I am still having problem securing my visa. I was refused again today with no genuine reason by the consular. I answered all questions correctly with no jittery but the idiot said he cannot give me the visa at this time. {maybe the VO wan chop the visas ni, i dunno} Please pray for me as I consider going for the third trial, hopefully my last time. I am suppose to resume in school by March.

Regards
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by denio215(m): 9:52pm On Feb 11, 2011
@ shewhy, so what did the VO said it's the problem?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by layric: 10:34pm On Feb 11, 2011
Hello House,
How are you doing and am very sorry to be away for sometime,i have been sorting out things in my sch due to my admission but hopefully everything will be fine.
To the house in case you are looking for cheap school you can try to check my school,Southwest Minnesota State University.and incase of you getting your admission from the sch am ready to help you through i just had a meeting with the admission office and the international office in my school about Nigeria and how we can be able to get admission in time.
So contact me if you are interested in apply to the my school and i want to let you know that am not taking any fee from anybody just contributing to the development of this thread but i will help you through how you will get your admission letter and I20.

contact me on layric01@yahoo.com in case am not on here .
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by shewhy: 8:53am On Feb 12, 2011
@Denio215. I cant say this is the specific reason I was denied. He asked me questions and I answered correctly. I was able to demonstrate my course to him. He asked for my I-20 and school documents which i showed him. All he would say was that he cannot give me the visa this time. I'm so confused {He dey do me make i slap him from the glass, lol}, but really its pissing.

@House, I want to know if schools can send documents to embassy on a student behalf. I think if they can do so, It would make the visa process easier. Please Let me know your opinions about this.

Regards
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by denio215(m): 9:11am On Feb 12, 2011
@ shewhy, I dont think the embassy/consulate accepts any kind of document from third party directly on behalf of the applicant(s), if they do, believe me, people will outsmart them, lol
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by layric: 4:36pm On Feb 12, 2011
@ shewhy, sorry to hear about the refusal but did you applied for DV LOTTERY 2011?Pls try to be honest and did the VO ask you anything about that .
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by shewhy: 4:41pm On Feb 12, 2011
@ Layric, I did not apply for the DV lottery and the VO didn't ask me anything about that.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by layric: 6:35pm On Feb 12, 2011
@ shewhy,Well am confuse but when is your school resuming and what date did you go to the embassy?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by shewhy: 7:09pm On Feb 12, 2011
@ Layric . I was interviewed yesterday and I am suppose to resume school by March 14. I have contacted my school and my school's representative said he can help me forward documents to the embassy on my behalf prior to my next interview. Have you ever hear of something like that before? Can it work out?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by layric: 7:17pm On Feb 12, 2011
@shewhy,
am really really sorry about that but they dont allow third party at the embassy so they will not act on any document your sch is sending but can we talk on messenger .I need to get some fact about your refusal.
add me layric01@yahoo.com
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by shewhy: 11:56pm On Feb 12, 2011
@ Layric - I have added you up in a way of freshpink007. Please lets chat. I have the mind of going for another interview next week. The funny thing is that there is no interview date available at the VFS website and I think of using the expedited interview but there was a note that says that the emergency interview is not for people that has been refused a visa in the last six month. I dont know what to do bro.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 1:19am On Feb 13, 2011
shewhy:

@Denio215. I cant say this is the specific reason I was denied. He asked me questions and I answered correctly. I was able to demonstrate my course to him. He asked for my I-20 and school documents which i showed him. All he would say was that he cannot give me the visa this time. I'm so confused {He dey do me make i slap him from the glass, lol}, but really its pissing.

@House, I want to know if schools can send documents to embassy on a student behalf. I think if they can do so, It would make the visa process easier. Please Let me know your opinions about this.

Regards
@ Shewhy,i have been very busy with school and have not been here most times BUT your post caught my attention and it's a pity nairalanders who answered your questions haven't told you the right thing to do.My questions are as follows.
1. How do you know you answered all the questions correctly,you want the house to advise you and you never told us what they asked you? So,what advise do you expect us to give?

2.What gave you the impression that you didn't make the same mistake you made the very first time?

My advise;
As the norms in this thread,why can't you post the questions the consular asked you on here and let the gurus tell you where the fault is?I laughed when you said you answered all the questions correctly.You can never be a judge in your own case bro.In a nutshell,post your experience with the consular,the docs you took along with you,standardised tests you took and let us know the name of the school,course and who your sponsor is.Not compulsory you do this but that is just my advise for you.GOODLUCK.(Not Goodluck Ebele Jonathan oo), lol.Though,still GEJ for President.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by marvis32: 7:33am On Feb 13, 2011
@oghenskima haven't heard from you. plz email me soon. uodika@yahoo.com,ujodika@yahoo.com.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ossicle: 2:15pm On Feb 13, 2011
OjaP:

@ Shewhy,i have been very busy with school and have not been here most times BUT your post caught my attention and it's a pity nairalanders who answered your questions haven't told you the right thing to do.My questions are as follows.
1. How do you know you answered all the questions correctly,you want the house to advise you and you never told us what they asked you? So,what advise do you expect us to give?

2.What gave you the impression that you didn't make the same mistake you made the very first time?

My advise;
As the norms in this thread,why can't you post the questions the consular asked you on here and let the gurus tell you where the fault is?I laughed when you said you answered all the questions correctly.You can never be a judge in your own case bro.In a nutshell,post your experience with the consular,the docs you took along with you,standardised tests you took and let us know the name of the school,course and who your sponsor is.Not compulsory you do this but that is just my advise for you.GOODLUCK.(Not Goodluck Ebele Jonathan oo), lol.Though,still GEJ for President.

Thank you OjaP
This is by far the Best reply so far!!!

Please Shewhy,just act promptly as OjaP has advised,There is a possibility that you weren't answering certain questions correctly
or may be you presented wrong documentations,just let the house into the entirety of the interview sessions
and I am uber sure you will get a green light this time!

Secondly,OjaP,please,is it possible to transfer or change universities immediately one enters the US without prior attendance @ the former
university or without making any semester tuition payment @ the former university,if one seems to have found another university with
a lower cost of tuition and a better environment!? What do you advise?

Thank you!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 6:32pm On Feb 13, 2011
ossicle!:

Thank you OjaP
This is by far the Best reply so far!!!

Please Shewhy,just act promptly as OjaP has advised,There is a possibility that you weren't answering certain questions correctly
or may be you presented wrong documentations,just let the house into the entirety of the interview sessions
and I am uber sure you will get a green light this time!

Secondly,OjaP,please,is it possible to transfer or change universities immediately one enters the US without prior attendance @ the former
university or without making any semester tuition payment @ the former university,if one seems to have found another university with
a lower cost of tuition and a better environment!? What do you advise?

Thank you!
No,you have to spend at least a semester or 2 in your school before you transfer.You can't just transfer here easily.Your GPA @ the end of the semester(s) and no of credits transferable counts.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by shewhy: 7:02pm On Feb 13, 2011
@ Ojap. I am going for a Pilot training course and the school is Phoenix East Aviation Inc. I have my I 20 and the school dont require any standardized exam. I went to the embassy with all normal docs like my I 20, credentials, as well as my Dads Bank statement, company's certificate of incorporation and tax clearance. I used my Dad as the sponsor. This was how my interview went

VO: What are you going to do in the US?

Me: I am going there to study.

VO: Can i see your I - 20?

Me: Sure (I showed him and he went through it)

VO: When did you finished from high school?

Me: I finished 2002

VO: What have you been doing since then.

Me: I worked in my Fathers company. I happened to be the only son of the family so i was advised to know about the family business. I worked with him for some years. After knowing all about the business, I requested that i want to go for my preferred career and it was granted by my Father. Then I proceed into the aviation school.

VO: So do you go to any school here?

Me: Yes, I went to an aviation school

VO: Can i see your transcript?

Me: I showed him

VO: Can you explain the piloting course?

Me: I explained.

He now asked me to do a fingerprint which i did.

VO: I'm sorry I wont be able to issue you the visa this time.

I just pack my docs and get out from his face but I kept wondering the reason for my denial. @ Ojap please enlighten me if there is anywhere i need to improve.

Regards
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by omotohhawt(f): 7:28pm On Feb 13, 2011
@shewhy, IMO, I think you answered your questions right and you showed the right documents, you even had a good bet at getting d visa because you had fore knowledge about the aviation school and even attended one before in Nigeria. BUT, what nailed it for you was the fingerprint you were asked to scan, i am wondering why though. Have you applied for a F-1 visa before? If yes, did d info you gave early in previous applications differ from what u gave now?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by shewhy: 7:36pm On Feb 13, 2011
@ omotohhawt. Everyone there at the embassy was asked to do the fingerprint that day, either u were given the visa or not. Also, I have been firstly interviewed like 3 weeks ago but it was on this same admission process. That was my first trial. The information is still the same, no difference.

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.