Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,721 members, 7,851,461 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:54 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (256) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (547515 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Ayanfe22: 9:29pm On Aug 02, 2011
yea yea, i got my visa. all the glory be to God. sincerely, people should not ask what they shyuld say at an interview. you need to know what to say. every case is unique. your command of english, aura and togetherness. goodluck to those goin this fall. pls pls pls NO LIES! it wont get u anywhere. i am blessed and higly favored. this is my last post, God bless u all. stay away from touts that book appointments also.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nnamdistan: 9:33pm On Aug 02, 2011
guys please i need advise on where to book flights online with my gtb naira mastercard
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by dizyfrenzy(m): 10:15pm On Aug 02, 2011
@depending on whr ure goin, you might wanna try klm airlines, you dont have to use ur naira mastercard, u can book online and pay into the bank

@house, pls can anyone tell me some universities in the us that give full funding for good gre and toefl scores
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nnamdistan: 10:38pm On Aug 02, 2011
thanks for the reply dizyfrenzy. by the way, dizyfrenzy, have you considered joining the Education USA educational advising center in Abuja? they helped me secure my full scholarship. i know several graduate students who are going abroad this year that secured scholarships.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by wilzz26: 12:18am On Aug 03, 2011
@adolite,

pls forget booking in lagos,because you will have the same experience such as the one you have had.although you were not articulate in all your repoundces with the vo. we might say not all the vo knows about the programmes we are going for nor the details or what it involves.
prayer and Gods favour helps. the lady in counter 1 asks academic questions and looks after travelling experence and soundess in respoundces to questions. if you are able to beat all these you will get the visa in lagos on counter 1.of which i dont see just anybody getting the f1 from the lady in counter 1. counter 2 in lagos ways is based on inteligence as a tool for geting the visa with little or no relation to accademic questions and paper evidences.but if you have done the SAT and TOEFL with good marks then be ready to answer questions or questions based on the most difficult questions you faced when writing the exams with real short and simple explanations. counter 4 will just do you anyhow he feels.

so my advice is that go and do more of reserch on 214b and find means to overcome it in the same abuja were your chances are high cos any consular that has 214b in mind will prove too difficult to you. your answers has got to be sound and intelegence has to be confirmed in all respounces. all respounces must show ties to your home contry as it has now become important for you and have the basic knowledge about the courses you will be taking in the said institution and have real reason for choosing the said school.
i had my interview by counter 1 and i was super inteligent with her to the last extent that she was in doubt to issue the pink ticket or 214b to me after she asked about my travelling experience after a palse and she had to give me 214b. so go and reprepare your self.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by wilzz26: 12:43am On Aug 03, 2011
@cutegirl,

tthe lady that interviewd you was the one that interviewd me also. with or in counter 1 you have to be smart and inteligent and also well grounded in education that is knowing the courses you will study at the said institution and over all traveling experience matters to her in overcoming 214b that i noticed. if any aplicant get smart and inteligent he or she will have some quite a long interview with counter 1 but he or she must have travelling experience outside africa before.
so i see that as playing avital role in your visa interview.as i was jsut exactly as you were with her alhough i had a long interview with her after which she just went in to a quiet mode and later asked that have i traveled before? and i asked to where?she said out and i know what she ment before she gave the 214b.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Djdammy21: 12:46am On Aug 03, 2011
@house Please what advise will you give for someone going for HR

I mean What if someone was asked what courses will you be taking? What's your ADDITION TO THIS, human resource management: through courses in
employment law, compensation, negotiations, and
receive a well-rounded education in business through
courses in accounting, computer information systems,
finance, international business, management and Marketing.

Please what do you think about this answer,

Congrats Everyone that has gotten his or Her Visa, Please pray for people going for Fall Interview. My friend interview is Day after tomorrow Anyone going to Abuja on Thursday, should indicate himself so i can link you guys together.

PLEASE RESPOND NOW!!!

CHEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Abats4naija: 12:54am On Aug 03, 2011
wilzz26:

@cutegirl,

tthe lady that interviewd you was the one that interviewd me also. with or in counter 1 you have to be smart and inteligent and also well grounded in education that is knowing the courses you will study at the said institution and over all traveling experience matters to her in overcoming 214b that i noticed. if any aplicant get smart and inteligent he or she will have some quite a long interview with counter 1 but he or she must have travelling experience outside africa before.
so i see that as playing avital role in your visa interview.as i was jsut exactly as you were with her alhough i had a long interview with her after which she just went in to a quiet  mode and later asked that have i traveled before? and i asked to where?she said out and i know what she ment before she gave the 214b.

@wilzz26 the lady at counter 1 at the lagos consul interviewed me. She asked if I had traveled outside the country before and i told her "confidently" *tho i was worried* that i have not traveled outside Nigeria b4 because I had not had any reason to travel until now.
The lady just nodded her head and issued me a student visa. i think she had already made up her mind to give me the visa b4 she asked if i had traveled. Again i wish all applicants good success. Above all seek the favor of God.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Djdammy21: 1:01am On Aug 03, 2011
@House Please Respond!! Very Urgent LoL
What do you think about this respond; Why do you choose this school=Because all their courses Are taught by professors Not a Graduate Student, And They have fewer in A class than Any Other Uni IN so so so so state. And One of their Lecturer is rate one of the best in XXXXXXXXX state  , Does this sound Well.

Bosses Please Respond, ABEG

Una Get Mouth Ooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nairaspace: 1:26am On Aug 03, 2011
Djdammy21:

What do you think about this respond; Why do you choose this school=Because all their courses Are taught by professors Not a Graduate Student, And They have fewer in A class than Any Other Uni IN so so so so state. And One of their Lecturer is rate one of the best in XXXXXXXXX state  ,  Does this sound Well.

remember professors are graduates, 

aroy1:

djunit1

The questions he was asked are fundamental. I think the way those people do it so to initially ask the rudimentary questions. If you prove yourself, then they move on to higher grounds.

By the way, how is life in New York City?

nairaspace

So many courses you can name depending on your level of studies. But for an undergraduate, some could be:

Introductory Software Engineering
Introduction to Computing
Mathematics for Computing
Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming
Systems Analysis & Design

etc, etc.

bros, i surprise to your reply ooo!!!! lol so what i said about courses involving programming languages like i listed were not correct? lolllllll

i no believe wetin i dey see, shocked shocked shocked

AROY1 i hail thee undecided
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:59am On Aug 03, 2011
Djdammy21:

What do you think about this respond; Why do you choose this school=Because all their courses Are taught by professors Not a Graduate Student, And They have fewer in A class than Any Other Uni IN so so so so state. And One of their Lecturer is rate one of the best in XXXXXXXXX state  , Does this sound Well.

shocked shocked shocked If you give this answer be sure you would be getting no visa. grin Who told you graduate students teach full time courses in universities here?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by myforumid3: 4:40am On Aug 03, 2011
nnamdistan:

thanks for the reply dizyfrenzy. by the way, dizyfrenzy, have you considered joining the Education USA educational advising center in Abuja? they helped me secure my full scholarship. i know several graduate students who are going abroad this year that secured scholarships.
@nnamdistan,
Can successful VISA applicants set for OBAMALAND like dizzyfrenzy get any scholarship assistance from this group you suggested or its meant for fresh admission applicants about to take standardized test and to apply for admission?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Saylawchar(m): 8:04am On Aug 03, 2011
@House, please what should be my area of concentration as my interview comes up on August 15th and i was offered undergraduate admission to study Biological Sciences (Biology). Pls what are the likely questions the VO may wish to ask me? Lagos Consular pls.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by reloaded11: 9:11am On Aug 03, 2011
Hello house, I have some question to ask and i need urgent response, I was to resume for fall admission but due to some issue i had to differ my admission to spring (January 2012) and my I-20 is sent and its with me already , so i will like to know if it is not early to go for interview by late September(already scheduled for 29th September 2011) for spring January 2012 admission, Lastly i will like to know if i will have to re-fill the DS-160 form or if i can still use the previous one filled, because i could see that the DS-160 confirmation number is still reflecting on my new appointment , should i need to cancel my appointment and re-schedule it after i filled my new DS-160 Form, hope it will not be hard to schedule appointment again?? because is going to be the second time i will be canceling the appointment.
Please i need an advice urgent ,
Thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phy: 9:21am On Aug 03, 2011
Djdammy21:

@house Please what advise will you give for someone going for HR

I mean What if someone was asked what courses will you be taking? What's your ADDITION TO THIS, human resource management: through courses in
employment law, compensation, negotiations, and
receive a well-rounded education in business through
courses in accounting, computer information systems,
finance, international business, management and Marketing.

Please what do you think about this answer,  

Congrats Everyone that has gotten his or Her Visa,  Please pray for people going for Fall Interview. My friend interview is Day after tomorrow Anyone going to Abuja on Thursday, should indicate himself so i can link you guys together.

PLEASE RESPOND NOW!!!

CHEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Human resources management is critical to any organization that want to remain a going concern. It's involves alligning people (employee) and their capacity or skills to the vision and mission of an organization in a way that will result to overall performance of the organization and would also earn the employee a corresponding compensation. It also involves the assessment and building of the capacity of employees in an organization in line job description metrics.
- Human resources management is also referred to as human capital development.
- There is always the need to channel human asset to result in better productivity for an organization.-
- One could also talk about labor acts- it merits and challenges
- The usual labor issues in naija, the cause and how you think the course could help say the govt
- The country need to see HRM beyond hiring and keep so called records but an integral profit center.

, just trying, i guess i may be scribbling something, but it could be of help. all the best
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Saylawchar(m): 10:35am On Aug 03, 2011
@House, please what should be my area of concentration as my interview comes up on August 15 th and i was offered undergraduate admission to study Biological Sciences (Biology). Pls what are the likely questions the VO may wish to ask me? Lagos Consular pls.

also, what is 214b all about?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Debbiem: 10:48am On Aug 03, 2011
Congrats to all that got there Visa yesterday, Cuty, Ayanfe22 e.t.c
@Adolite,really sorry about your denial sad
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by biikeys(m): 11:45am On Aug 03, 2011
@house
Please do I need an affidavit by a bank if my father is my sponsor,or the bank statement will just do.
Also,I still need more suggestions as touching answering questions related to all the schools I applied to being in the same state(Tx)

Thnks.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nnamdistan: 1:43pm On Aug 03, 2011
myforumid3:

@nnamdistan,
Can successful VISA applicants set for OBAMALAND like dizzyfrenzy get any scholarship assistance from this group you suggested or its meant for fresh admission applicants about to take standardized test and to apply for admission?

Education USA does not give you money. they help you navigate the college admissions process, apply to schools that will give you the funding you need and ethically fine tune your application to the point where it is attractive enough to get you the money you need. I didn't know dizzyfrenzy already has a visa?!

http://www.educationusa.info/abuja
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nnamdistan: 1:49pm On Aug 03, 2011
biikeys:

@house
Please do I need an affidavit by a bank if my father is my sponsor,or the bank statement will just do.
Also,I still need more suggestions as touching answering questions related to all the schools I applied to being in the same state(Tx)

Thnks.

I think a signed letter of consent from your father indicating his willingness to fully support your educational endeavors in the US is sufficient in addition to the bank statement.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Saylawchar(m): 3:12pm On Aug 03, 2011
somebody should please help me out, what should be my area of concentration as my interview comes up on Aug15th, i was offered undergraduate admission to study Biological Sciences (Biology). Pls what are the likely questions the VO may wish to ask me? Lagos Consular pls.

Also, what is 214b all about?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 4:03pm On Aug 03, 2011
@saylawchar,

You got the answer to this conc of a thing within your arm lenght. Just google it or wiki it by saying ''concs. in BS/MS Biology''. Also, if you have your course outline and you know why you choose biology and the field you want to use your certificate after your degree, then you should know the area of your conc. You sound like you are asking people to tell you your career. Like mine is MS in chemistry concentration in Biochemistry. Thats how the university offers it sa. Though, there are three other conc in the chemistry.

Reasearch on this with those search engines, you are good at it bro.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by killzill: 4:58pm On Aug 03, 2011
This trend make me scare to death, about the interview
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Adolite(m): 5:07pm On Aug 03, 2011
@hOUSE, aNY MEANS I CAN GET APPOINTMENT DATE NEXT WEEK EITHER LAGOS OR ABUJA?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 5:13pm On Aug 03, 2011
@killzill,

You killing your zeal bro. Stop that. Whats the reason why you apply? Let that start giving you the confidence.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by killzill: 5:32pm On Aug 03, 2011
@imperiouxx
I'm on point now,I'm going to do my best and i want ever other person going for interview to pray ,because is not by the way you sound ,but it favor.yo'll need to pray and believe, God loves
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cutegirly: 5:37pm On Aug 03, 2011
Adolite, my advise to you is to end this fall application. Return ur i20 to your school and apply for the spirng session. Once you av been rejected a student visa you cannot get an emergency appointment approval.if u were rejected around june, I can say u may see a date but this period is really tight. Sorry about your approval. Go and get ready for the spring and prepare your self better. God will see you thrui
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by killzill: 5:44pm On Aug 03, 2011
In the next few min, I'm going to be giving you guy some tips about Visa Interview,I'm sure it going to help us all . Loading,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kayceelow: 5:49pm On Aug 03, 2011
AGENT KINGSLEY. My name is kingsley anukam CE0 KINGSIZE SUGAR HOMES.
Do you have all it takes to hold your SUGAR MUMMY or SUGAR DADDY down to ejaculation and excitement @ his or her peak, Your GAY partner and TOP LESBIANS?And make a lot of money,CALL:+2348033892234 or Email: sirk4vc@yahoo.co.uk. All calls should be btwn 7am - 12am prompt.
APPLICATION FORM FILL AND RETURN AS TEXT MESSAGE

NAME:,
AGE OF SUGAR MUMMY:,

CALL NOW FOR YOUR SUGARMUMMIES & SUGARDADDIES AND MAKE COOL MONEY,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by killzill: 5:52pm On Aug 03, 2011
@kayceelow
Guy comot here Joo, this place no be dating site now, Abeg go find something to do jare. you dey Jonz
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 03, 2011
killzill:

@imperiouxx
I'm on point now,I'm going to do my best and i want ever other person going for interview to pray ,because is not by the way you sound ,but it favor.yo'll need to pray and believe, God loves

Oh dear, some things arent just by "prayer". Yes God's favor is absolutely required but that does not substitute for being adequately prepared and QUALIFIED to recieve an F1 visa. You can barely string two sentences together and you expect to convince a VO that you are serious in your intentions to study?

Just look at the other guy saying he chose his school because professors are the ones teaching and not grad students! shocked Does that dude sound like someone that has a remote idea how the college system works in america? And such a one would be following your advice to just "pray" when he doesnt know oracle is NOT a programming language and that FORTRAN is too old!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 7:07pm On Aug 03, 2011
tommorow is the d-day,am just a lil bit hopfull cuz all the documents am taking to the embassy are original and truthfull,nd secondly is because i am really going to the u.s to study and not to do otherwise,and thirdly is because i knw ALLAH is in control of all whatever am doin,so it is left to the embassy themselves to issue or not,but i hav fate in God that all will be well.@every1 just make sure u pray for all we nairaland members going for our interview 2maow.

(1) (2) (3) ... (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.