Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,585 members, 7,958,814 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 02:43 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (552134 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 6:05pm On Dec 08, 2009
@ house: I picked up my I-20 2day at DHL office. My interview is Dec 31stt. Last day of the YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHALOM
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 7:48am On Dec 09, 2009
suxes2005:

@ house: I picked up my I-20 2day at DHL office. My interview is Dec 31stt. Last day of the YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHALOM
go forth and ye shall be given.This is my prayer for u,in Jesus name
can some1 say amen to that cool
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 3:55pm On Dec 09, 2009
nethacker:

go forth and ye shall be given.This is my prayer for u,in Jesus name
can some1 say amen to that cool

Amen.

Tnx.

I guess dis house is kinda kold. Shey na everybody don collectt visa ni? Plat where u dey ooooooooooooooooooooooo,

SHALOM
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 4:04pm On Dec 09, 2009
suxes2005:

Amen.

Tnx.

I guess dis house is kinda kold. Shey na everybody don collectt visa ni? Plat where u dey ooooooooooooooooooooooo,

SHALOM
Monday is gadunbarin's interview. This place can nvr be cold as long as i am here grin grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by guydudu: 4:19pm On Dec 09, 2009
who is applying for summer(may/june)2010 in the house? I am packaging my application for the summer session,anybody know anytin about summer admission,as per Visa.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by oyewolejos(m): 7:10pm On Dec 09, 2009
@Plat where are you now?U promised to help me both connecting flight am still waiting for you o
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phuckNL: 7:32pm On Dec 09, 2009
oyewolejos:

@Plat where are you now?U promised to help me both connecting flight am still waiting for you o

y r u so stubborn. U've already been advised. Your best bet is to book straight from delta. U can also use european airlines for a naija to europe to LA.
If you think booking to NY and then getting a flight within the states to LA will pay u, u must be a joker.
All it takes is for you to go online and search the major airlines in the US and check out the price from NY to LA. It is not worth it. Just buy from delta and stop expecting magic to happen
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by oyewolejos(m): 9:26pm On Dec 09, 2009
@PhuckNl If u notice i have been avoiding you on this thread for reasons which i think is obvious to you.Are u Plat?Hell no.Did i seek any advice from you?No.Is it by force to fly Delta to LA?Do u know whether i have my choice airline?You have become the effant terrible of this thread since you came here so I don't need to settle scores with you cos i know who you are.As i always say THE EMPTY BARREL MAKES THE LOUDEST NOISE.ITK dey kill person o
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by platinumnk(f): 9:31pm On Dec 09, 2009
oyewolejos:

Im soo sorry, please forgive me. . . I was had some outside trouble . .I working on it now.
But Delta sounds good.

U wanted Lagos to New York then to LA?

Right?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phuckNL: 9:38pm On Dec 09, 2009
oyewolejos:

@PhuckNl If u notice i have been avoiding you on this thread for reasons which i think is obvious to you.Are u Plat?Hell no.Did i seek any advice from you?No.Is it by force to fly Delta to LA?Do u know whether i have my choice airline?You have become the effant terrible of this thread since you came here so I don't need to settle scores with you cos i know who you are.As i always say THE EMPTY BARREL MAKES THE LOUDEST NOISE.ITK dey kill person o

Make sure you come back and apologize to me when you eventually buy that DELTA ticket.
And by the way, i know i am not plat. I responded to a different thread that you created hence my reference to your stubborness. Whether you like it or not. It will be cheaper for you to buy directly. You can only get the kind of deal ur looking for in the off season. I will give you my opinion whether you like it or not. You don't have take it and stop feeling with yourself. Who gives a flying phuck if you ignore me
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by platinumnk(f): 10:05pm On Dec 09, 2009
^^babes calm down abeg!!!
u letting NL give you HBP

@oyewolejos- Delta would be best if you were heading to the south, but I thing Virgin Atlantic or someone maybe cheaper Im not sure, I had a really good site for tickets, but right now, its best you get what you can RIGHT NOW.

Let me tell you what happend New Years Eve last year: My and my family was supposed to fly home back to the States on the 30 of Dec. After loading 14 luggages in the airport and suffocating in Lagos airport gas chambers,
we hand the man our passports and the man at Delta tells us we are not on the flight.

You should have seen the wahalla my sisters caused! They almost killed the poor Delta attendant, they were shouting saying the were going to call the embassy and they were going back to the States whether they like it or not.
Hell I can sense their frustation, because we just came straight from the East a day before,and we tired as hell, and ready to go.
Me i just kept quiet and I was sliently praying that God would make a way for us to go home, but on the other hand i was imagining my new life in 9ja.

Funny like 20 mins later, my sisters still weeping, and fractic calls to Delta in the states, it turns that due to all of us being many (7 of us) they had overbooked the flight, and our group being the largest we had tobe booted to the next days flight.

They left a voicemail in the states, how the hell were we supposed to get in 9ja?

LOL but my point is, Flights fill very very fast. There are no cheap flights now, first class is about 7-9Grand and economy is about 1500- if youre lucky to 2500.

If you have about that range, then you should be straight.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phuckNL: 10:15pm On Dec 09, 2009
He may be getting a high Bp but definitely not me. I get a kick out of people who get annoyed on an online forum. I don't know why people seem to take this online internet thingy so seriously. You can't see the person yarning you, yet u don dey get bad belle.

Anyhoo, i find it funny that people that will be paying at least 9000 dollars per semester are having difficulties buying flight tickets and paying application and sevis fees. After dem go complain say embassy dey partial.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by platinumnk(f): 10:26pm On Dec 09, 2009
phuck_NL:

Anyhoo, i find it funny that people that will be paying at least 9000 dollars per semester are having difficulties buying flight tickets and paying application and sevis fees. After dem go complain say embassy dey partial.

Funny Sweets. . . I am envsioning u writing with veins popping grin grin grin
You're right about the bolded part, so right, this is what the embassy is trying to avoid.
Its not easy if you cant afford it. You will be killing yourself. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:48pm On Dec 09, 2009
phuck_NL:

He may be getting a high Bp but definitely not me. I get a kick out of people who get annoyed on an online forum. I don't know why people seem to take this online internet thingy so seriously. You can't see the person yarning you, yet u don dey get bad belle.

[b]Anyhoo, i find it funny that people that will be paying at least 9000 dollars per semester are having difficulties buying flight tickets and paying application and sevis fees. After dem go complain say embassy dey partial.
[/b]

I totally agree with the boldened part.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by oyewolejos(m): 6:04am On Dec 10, 2009
@PhuckNl u were mad to see people like me to get Visa @ the Embassy right?I don't think is sensible to start telling you my financial status here.It causes me emotional laceration to see people like u and start trading words with them.If u are not happy with my being given Visa why not gather the Falana's,Keyanmo's and the Ogele's of this world to write the Embassy to cancel my Visa.For your info i have bought my ticket so 3rd Jan see me @MMIA '

1 Like

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by TheSeeker(m): 6:13am On Dec 10, 2009
Why has this place, all of a sudden, been turned into a tumultuous atmosphere? angry

All of you need to chill because I can't begin to wonder when a house of prayers was transformed into an abode of curses. angry angry
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by guydudu: 8:27am On Dec 10, 2009
You re right dude.I was impressed with the trend so far but i am begining to feel like i am not in the right forum.You guys work,talk and help each other prior b4 now,but now , (LOL)
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 10:15am On Dec 10, 2009
Well, Let me state here that our financial status are not the same. What do we get from this country Nigeria? No future and nothing to write home about. If one hears wat happens to our graduates then this place is not a good place to live. As for me, I might be struggling to get things done but all I know is that I`m studying in the states and paying my fees doing legal work.

If u have som1 who caters for you that does not mean you should come here and say some kinda rubbish about others. For the fact that you have gud financial status 2day does not mean you will not need help in the near future.

Let us be clear to ourselves and this thread is for advice, so let us give ourselves good advise and lets leave the shits.

I wont want to come here and deceive myself by asking an indirect question. I want to be as naive as possible so if u got good ans then give and if not kinda STF.

@ oyewole, no mind am jare, no be him fault e never know aw to huzzle for life. Dem still dey feed am ni.

SHALOM
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phuckNL: 10:40am On Dec 10, 2009
oyewolejos:

@PhuckNl u were mad to see people like me to get Visa @ the Embassy right?I don't think is sensible to start telling you my financial status here.It causes me emotional laceration to see people like u and start trading words with them.If u are not happy with my being given Visa why not gather the Falana's,Keyanmo's and the Ogele's of this world to write the Embassy to cancel my Visa.For your info i have bought my ticket so 3rd Jan see me @MMIA '

Being emotional/ignorant is not an excuse for being dumb. Why will i be mad to see you get a visa. How does it affect my life.
I am only telling it as it is. The embassy denies visas because a lot of people use the student visa as an excuse. Let me tell you something and i am going to be blunt about it. If your financial status is shaky, why would you want to study abroad. International education in the US is not for poor people. Whether you like it or not. If you don't have the finances, you better have the brain to secure you financial assistance. When i made the comment about people finding it difficult to pay their sevis and air ticket, i was generalizing. Obviously two guilty people have responded already. You and Suxe2001. It is no secret that most people use the student visa as an excuse to travel.

suxes2005:

Well, Let me state here that our financial status are not the same. What do we get from this country Nigeria? No future and nothing to write home about. If one hears wat happens to our graduates then this place is not a good place to live. As for me, I might be struggling to get things done but all I know is that I`m studying in the states and paying my fees doing legal work.

If u have som1 who caters for you that does not mean you should come here and say some kinda rubbish about others. For the fact that you have gud financial status 2day does not mean you will not need help in the near future.

Let us be clear to ourselves and this thread is for advice, so let us give ourselves good advise and lets leave the shits.

I wont want to come here and deceive myself by asking an indirect question. I want to be as naive as possible so if u got good ans then give and if not kinda STF.

@ oyewole, no mind am jare, no be him fault e never know aw to huzzle for life. Dem still dey feed am ni.

SHALOM

I was going to refrain from pointing fingers but you have just blown yourself up.
Here's the deal. You are only using the student visa to travel to yankee. Your number one ambition is not to get an education. I believe this was revealed previously when you were all over the forum seeking visas to sweden, south africa, sudan and Ijesa republic.
There is no need to get emotional here. Who told you that i am from a rich family. Life is all about planning, being smart and taken your destiny into your hands. When i started a school funded research project online with colleagues over the world, it was idiots like you that said all i know is just to be doing research. When i was busy taking the A-levels, SAT 1, SAT 11, it was idiots like you that said it was overkill.
When i finally got a full ride to one of the best Universities in the USA : Excuse me, in the freaking WORLD, idiots like you started envying me.
You see, if i had not gotten a full ride, i wouldn't have even gone near the embassy because i do not have 50,000 dollars to spend every year.
I may be younger than most of you here but from your comments I know i'm way above your level.

The fact that you are poor is not an excuse in life. Work hard(smart) and you can achieve wonders.
Several of you here are just the typical money hungry looking for greener pastures type.
I on the other hand, already know what my research for my PHD will be in.
We have thousands of problems in Nigeria that pure research can help. I
I am in it to better the lives of other people and not just to travel abroad for the sake of it.

Ignoramus.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phuckNL: 10:43am On Dec 10, 2009
oyewolejos:

Being emotional/ignorant is not an excuse for being dumb. Why will i be mad to see you get a visa. How does it affect my life.
I am only telling it as it is. The embassy denies visas because a lot of people use the student visa as an excuse. Let me tell you something and i am going to be blunt about it. If your financial status is shaky, why would you want to study abroad. International education in the US is not for poor people. Whether you like it or not. If you don't have the finances, you better have the brain to secure you financial assistance. When i made the comment about people finding it difficult to pay their sevis and air ticket, i was generalizing. Obviously two guilty people have responded already. You and Suxe2001. It is no secret that most people use the student visa as an excuse to travel.

suxes2005:

SHALOM

I was going to refrain from pointing fingers but you have just blown yourself up.
Here's the deal. You are only using the student visa to travel to yankee. Your number one ambition is not to get an education. I believe this was revealed previously when you were all over the forum seeking visas to sweden, south africa, sudan and Ijesa republic.
There is no need to get emotional here. Who told you that i am from a rich family. Life is all about planning, being smart and taken your destiny into your hands. When i started a school funded research project online with colleagues over the world, it was idiots like you that said all i know is just to be doing research. When i was busy taking the A-levels, SAT 1, SAT 11, it was idiots like you that said it was overkill.
When i finally got a full ride to one of the best Universities in the USA : Excuse me, in the freaking WORLD, idiots like you started envying me.
You see, if i had not gotten a full ride, i wouldn't have even gone near the embassy because i do not have 50,000 dollars to spend every year.
I may be younger than most of you here but from your comments I know i'm way above your level.

The fact that you are poor is not an excuse in life. Work hard(smart) and you can achieve wonders.
Several of you here are just the typical money hungry looking for greener pastures type.
I am in it to better the lives of other people and not just to travel abroad for the sake of it.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phuckNL: 10:45am On Dec 10, 2009
Thank you mr moderator for blocking my posting privileges okay.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phuckNL: 10:46am On Dec 10, 2009
oyewolejos:

suxes2005:

SHALOM

You see, if i had not gotten a full ride, i wouldn't have even gone near the embassy because i do not have 50,000 to spend every year.

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phuckNL: 10:51am On Dec 10, 2009
oyewolejos:

Being emotional/ignorant is not an excuse. Why will i be mad to see you get a visa. How does it affect my life.

suxes2005:

SHALOM

There is no need to get emotional here. Who told you that i am from a rich family. Life is all about planning, being smart and taken your destiny into your hands. When i started a school funded research project online with colleagues over the world, it was people like you that said all i know is just to be doing research. When i was busy taking the A-levels, SAT 1, SAT 11, it was people like you that said it was overkill.
When i finally got a full ride to one of the best Universities in the USA : Excuse me, in the WORLD, people like you started envying me.
You see, if i had not gotten a full ride, i wouldn't have even gone near the embassy because i do not have fifty thousand to spend every year.

Several of you here are just the typical money hungry people looking for greener pastures type.
I, on the other hand, already know what my research in 4yrs for my PHD will be in.
We have thousands of problems in Nigeria that pure research can help.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gbemxy(m): 10:52am On Dec 10, 2009
Pray along wiv me oooooo, Monday is my interview date
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phuckNL: 10:53am On Dec 10, 2009
Oyewole

Being emotional/ignorant is not an excuse. Why will i be mad to see you get a visa. How does it affect my life.

Suxes2001
There is no need to get emotional here. Who told you that i am from a rich family. Life is all about planning, being smart and taken your destiny into your hands. When i started a school funded research project online with colleagues over the world, it was people like you that said all i know is just to be doing research. When i was busy taking the A-levels, SAT 1, SAT 11, it was people like you that said it was overkill.
When i finally got a full ride to one of the best Universities in the USA : Excuse me, in the WORLD, people like you started envying me.
You see, if i had not gotten a full ride, i wouldn't have even gone near the embassy because i do not have fifty thousand to spend every year.

Several of you here are just the typical money hungry people looking for greener pastures type.
I, on the other hand, already know what my research in 4yrs for my PHD will be in.
We have thousands of problems in Nigeria that pure research can help.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by netotse(m): 11:06am On Dec 10, 2009
@suxes
you're on a long thing. . .you cant tell s1 to STF up in a post then end same post with shalom. . .that seems kinda hypocritical.

@phuck NL
dude i see where u're coming from as per the ticket and diff threads, but chill so the fact that you cant see the person you're talking to means you can be rude? cos it seems you were implying that when you said the bit abt getting vexed on online threads. . .hope you aren't this controversial in person o, u cld alienate a lot of ppl along the way, u remind me of a younger me though. . .you'd go really far if you calmed down and ignored some of the silly stuff that happens in life.

@oyewolejos
guy chill out. . .you're starting to let things seem like you have a chip on your shoulder. . .nothing any1 says will change whats on ground

you guys can like to chill out so this thread doesnt go to the dogs. . .its come a long way.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 11:18am On Dec 10, 2009
netotse:

@suxes
you're on a long thing. . .you cant tell s1 to STF up in a post then end same post with shalom. . .that seems kinda hypocritical.

@phuck NL
dude i see where u're coming from as per the ticket and diff threads, but chill so the fact that you cant see the person you're talking to means you can be rude? cos it seems you were implying that when you said the bit abt getting vexed on online threads. . .hope you aren't this controversial in person o, u cld alienate a lot of ppl along the way, u remind me of a younger me though. . .you'd go really far if you calmed down and ignored some of the silly stuff that happens in life.

@oyewolejos
guy chill out. . .you're starting to let things seem like you have a chip on your shoulder. . .nothing any1 says will change whats on ground

you guys can like to chill out so this thread doesnt go to the dogs. . .its come a long way.
@netotse,i quite agree with the bolded part.well said .
@oyewolejos n phuck_NL , let me use this medium to warn u guyz angry . I won't be here n u both will turn this forum upside down. I dnt think i hv ever attacked anyone here but if the need arises,no one will escape my wrath-i mean both oyewolejos n phuck_NL .Be careful angry angry angry
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by netotse(m): 11:25am On Dec 10, 2009
@phuck_nl
just saw the posts that were deleted, guy i fear you. . . did u set up the email addy u were talking abt?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gongoaso1: 3:47pm On Dec 10, 2009
shocked  undecided  grin  cheesy  smiley lipsrsealed
sequencially too. . .
lmao
cool
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by platinumnk(f): 6:02pm On Dec 10, 2009
@Phuck- gosh that was harsh shocked but I feel ya jare undecided
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by wems002: 7:01pm On Dec 10, 2009
Phuck NL,
This comment of yours are too blunt despite the fact that most of your comments are true but this ones on quote were not to be posted at all,
"I may be younger than most of you here but from your comments I know i'm way above
your level.
Several of you here are just the typical money hungry looking for greener pastures type."

Guy you may have all this things and did a lot of findings which we appreciate that our generation are not that dumb but please dont brag just ignore peoples wooes, and try to help them in polite way.
And i hope as you grow you will find out no man is an island, just be polite but i am not asking you not be yourself and kiss a** the way a lot of people are doing here, just do it more with respect and know people behind will read this conversations in the nearest future.

@ House
If you guys also want to brag like Phuck men read your books come out in flying colours and stop asking dumb questions, cos it runs peoples stomach, omo to enter princeton no be beans for international student.
Guys be warned!!!!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phuckNL: 8:13pm On Dec 10, 2009
@ Everyone.
I just felt the need to be blunt.
I am the nicest guy in real life. My online persona and my real life persona are two different entities. The only reason i went that far was because i was taunted. Imagine someone who doesn't know me claiming that dem still dey feed me. Anyway, if you really look into my posts, u will realize that i really mean no harm. My brags and rants should only serve as a motivating factor for others to achieve whatever they need to achieve. There is no pride in bragging in an online forum. I mean, no one here knows me so i am not bragging as a result of any big ego. Hope u guys understand what i mean.
Suxes and Oyewole i got nothing but love you guys and i hope come december 31st, you will get your visa!!!
@Nethacker,
nothing do you oo. I be ninja. you no fit catch me juh.

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (317)

Thread for South Korea prospective students / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.