Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,030 members, 7,835,493 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (546836 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by platinumnk(f): 5:59pm On Dec 24, 2009
Nethacker is flying to the US today.
Safe Journey Friend! cheesy
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sagby: 6:43pm On Dec 24, 2009
Safe journey Nethacker, i go join u soon

is anyone going for interview on Monday?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by smile4kenn(m): 11:34am On Dec 25, 2009
travel merci
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 12:58am On Dec 26, 2009
platinumnk:

Nethacker is flying to the US today.
Safe Journey Friend! cheesy

i am ryt beside u now honey grin grin will call u later
wemsw whr u dey na?i am in NYC
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 10:56am On Dec 26, 2009
Merry Xmas every1 here,

A Prosperous nu yr in advance

SHALOM
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Godeagle: 2:37pm On Dec 26, 2009
Hey Guys, compliments of the season.

In preparation for my visa interview which comes up in less than two weeks, I have a few questions to ask.

1) Does anyone here know of any case where the interval between the visa interview and the visa collection exceeded two days?
If yes, what was the reason for the delay? I'm asking because my interview date is really close to the arrival date on my I-20 and I can not request for an expedited interview due to complications that arose with my SEVIS fee payment.

2) Can there be any serious issues at the US port of entry if one arrives a day or two days after the date stated on the I-20 assuming one has not missed orientation and classes are still yet to start?

3) I have a brother who is a citizen of the US but where he stays is in a different State from where my school is. I'm talking East Coast versus Down South. Do you guys think I should keep quiet about him on the form I58.

As always, your responses are highly appreciated.

Suxes2005, I'm praying for you. Go and succeed.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 2:53pm On Dec 26, 2009
Godeagle:

Hey Guys, compliments of the season.

In preparation for my visa interview which comes up in less than two weeks, I have a few questions to ask.

1) Does anyone here know of any case where the interval between the visa interview and the visa collection exceeded two days?
If yes, what was the reason for the delay? I'm asking because my interview date is really close to the arrival date on my I-20 and I can not request for an expedited interview due to complications that arose with my SEVIS fee payment.

2) Can there be any serious issues at the US port of entry if one arrives a day or two days after the date stated on the I-20 assuming one has not missed orientation and classes are still yet to start?

3) I have a brother who is a citizen of the US but where he stays is in a different State from where my school is. I'm talking East Coast versus Down South. Do you guys think I should keep quiet about him on the form I58.

As always, your responses are highly appreciated.

Suxes2005, I'm praying for you. Go and succeed.

From wat i've heard so far, there is no serious issue at the port of entry. Get the visa and fly out. If any question comes up at the port, then be ready to answer and DO NOT SHAKE.

As per ur bro, when he was travelling, did he list you as his sibling? If yes then list him as urs also and b ready to answer any ques dat pertains to him durin interview.

Tnx ooooooooooooooo. Dec 31st is D day. I'm already preparing.

SHALOM
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Godeagle: 5:40pm On Dec 27, 2009
Thanks suxes, I called a Nigerian friend studying in the US; he said that all I need to do is to get a backing letter from the school and show at the POE in case they try to make it an issue.

I dont know if my bro has listed me on any occassion. I guess it's best to say the truth.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 8:17pm On Dec 27, 2009
@Godeagle:u will nvr hv a problem @ d POE trust me. If no be this stupid 9ja boy wey wan kill innocent pple.Thank God he was caught.God will punish him.AMEN
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sagby: 9:44pm On Dec 27, 2009
Guys i need ur prayers, 10 hours to go, God Almighty my hope is on u
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by wems002: 11:38pm On Dec 27, 2009
Hw far nethacker drop me your number,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 3:30am On Dec 28, 2009
@wems: check ur offline na u go see am there
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gongoaso1: 5:43am On Dec 28, 2009
nethustler grin
how far, hope u r enjoying ur self and ur nuts aren't frozen yet tongue
tkia man
cool
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Godeagle: 8:37am On Dec 28, 2009
nethacker:

@Godeagle:u will nvr hv a problem @ d POE trust me. If no be this silly 9ja boy wey wan kill innocent pple.Thank God he was caught.God will punish him.AMEN

Thanks Nethacker. I trust you're doing fine over there. That incident by the foolish 9ja boy calls for prayers o. Make dem no reduce visa quota or any such thing. AMEN.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by guydudu: 12:39pm On Dec 28, 2009
nethacker:

@Godeagle:u will nvr hv a problem @ d POE trust me. If no be this silly 9ja boy wey wan kill innocent pple.Thank God he was caught.God will punish him.AMEN
Omo,na God go help us oooo.dis one wey dis guy go do now,hope say he no go affect all man.God dey shaaaa
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sagby: 2:56pm On Dec 28, 2009
Guys i got it, thanks to God almighty n U, nethacker, wem, suxes, femilan,Planti, phuk n u God bless u all.
here is my experience:
Con: Hi can i av your passport and docs
me: av them
con: av u been to US b4
me: no
con: av u travelled b4
me: yes, where? i told here
do u knw anything about the school? yes i told her everytin i knw about viu
what course was your 1st degree? i told her elet elet, but y masters in MIS. i told her what i intend to gain after my study
who is sponsorin u? myself and my wife if need be.
ok go to this add 4 your visa.

Good luck suxes
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 3:07pm On Dec 28, 2009
@sagby,u r wlcm 2 our land jare.I thank God for u.
pls whr on earth is dis suxes?i need him to meet me on YIM ASAP b4 its too late
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by guydudu: 3:19pm On Dec 28, 2009
sagby:

Guys i got it, thanks to God almighty n U, nethacker, wem, suxes, femilan,Planti, phuk n u God bless u all.
here is my experience:
what course was your 1st degree? i told her elet elet, but y masters in MIS. i told her what i intend to gain after my study

Good luck suxes
where ?(Abuja or Lagos)?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by oyewolejos(m): 3:39pm On Dec 28, 2009
@sagby congrats on your visa and welcome to US of A.Wishing those who are going for their interview success.
Am off to the state on Sunday so expecting to see you guys at our Get together during the summer.
LET'S GO GINGER
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 3:44pm On Dec 28, 2009
@oyewole:hw r u preparing na? u wan go jiggy?u go tire i swear trust me.but we go still do am sha.I no knw if gongo_aso go get tym sha n plat too.
Anyway u r wlcm
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by johnkent(m): 3:56pm On Dec 28, 2009
oyewolejos:

@sagby congrats on your visa and welcome to US of A.Wishing those who are going for their interview success.
Am off to the state on Sunday so expecting to see you guys at our Get together during the summer.
LET'S GO GINGER
haha. already planning a get together huh
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by oyewolejos(m): 4:00pm On Dec 28, 2009
@nethacker preparation is in top gear o.I go miss 9ja no be small.WE ALL MUST GINGER D SWAGGER O.but that would be during the World Cup.We shall all vote for venue but Minnesotta guy plenty here so we may likely do our thingy there.We fit even invite , ,dnt quote me.
SPRING HOPEFULL best of luck.FALL GUYS start preparation now.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sagby: 5:08pm On Dec 28, 2009
My interview was in Lagos.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 5:21pm On Dec 28, 2009
nethacker:

@sagby,u r wlcm 2 our land jare.I thank God for u.
pls whr on earth is dis suxes?i need him to meet me on YIM ASAP b4 its too late

I cnt understand u at all,  i tout u already av d infos in your mail so how many minutes will it take u to dig it out? I hope u 'll do it today sha? I av bad internet connectn in office so i hav to rush out to browse,

Let me knw aw far

SHALOM
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by john4uu: 5:25pm On Dec 28, 2009
sagby:

here is my experience:

Good luck suxes

Guy I am happy for you.The God that did it for you will also do it for us Amen.Go and   thank God.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by guydudu: 5:32pm On Dec 28, 2009
do we have any body going for summer(may-june,2010) admission in the house?you guys talks about FALL and SPRING,but notting on the SUMMER admission.Please help out oooo.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sayhi2ay(m): 5:46pm On Dec 28, 2009
guydudu:

do we have any body going for summer(may-june,2010) admission in the house?you guys talks about FALL and SPRING,but notting on the SUMMER admission.Please help out oooo.

Does it matter what semester you are admitted ?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Godeagle: 6:29pm On Dec 28, 2009
sagby:

My interview was in Lagos.

Wow!!! Congratulations sagby! You Got your visa inspite of concerns over a possible backlash from Christmas Day's incident. I pray it will be the same for the rest of us expecting our visas. AMEN
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 6:34pm On Dec 28, 2009
dat guy is a bastard. i 1nda wat he wan finkin b4 doin such, anyways, i'm less concerned about him sha.

SHALOM
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sagby: 7:49pm On Dec 28, 2009
the consular hd denied 7 applicats y seated waitin to be called and when i got to her God Almighty spoke on my behalf. She treated soft but i gave it to her hot. Above all thanks to God Almight
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gongoaso1: 7:56pm On Dec 28, 2009
sagby:

the consular hd denied 7 applicats y seated waitin to be called and when i got to her God Almighty spoke on my behalf. She treated soft but i gave it to her hot. Above all thanks to God Almight

u don get mouth now grin grin grin
congrats and welcome to the land of the free
cool
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by wems002: 11:55pm On Dec 28, 2009
@ sagby
u are mouthed , congrats

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.