Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,665 members, 7,820,339 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

We Use Italian Method To Bypass Hi-tech Security – Bank Robbery Suspects[PIC] - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / We Use Italian Method To Bypass Hi-tech Security – Bank Robbery Suspects[PIC] (54754 Views)

We Offered Police N250,000 To Divert N13.7m Goods But They Refused–suspects(pic) / We Formed New Robbery Gang Inside SARS Cell —suspects (pic) / Four Robbery Suspects Subjected To Jungle Justice, Die In Police Custody (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Use Italian Method To Bypass Hi-tech Security – Bank Robbery Suspects[PIC] by dre11(m): 7:13pm On Jun 24, 2015
By Evelyn Usman
A suspected leader of a robbery gang that has been terrorising Ogun state and its environs has been arrested by operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad of the Ogun State Police Command, Imagbon, Abeokuta. The suspect, Ibrahim Olasunkanmi, popularly known as Jaga, reportedly escaped from Akure Prisons where he was awaiting trial during a jail break in 2013.

How he got into Police net
Curiously, he is a 1994 graduate of Philosophy from Ogun State University (now Olabisi Onabanjo University), Ago-Iwoye. He was arrested alongside four suspected members of his gang at OPIC roundabout junction, Oke-Ilewo, Abeokuta, after an operation, last week.
The suspects were said to have operated using two motorbikes, one of which was driven by Olasunkanmi to attack fun seekers returning from MKO Abiola Stadium.
Luck, however, ran against them after they were accosted by a team of policemen who subjected them to a search following their incoherent answers.
At the end of the search, Police sources said three live cartridges were recovered from Olasunkanmi’s pocket, consequent upon which they were taken to the station. At the Police station, sources hinted that further searches were conducted on them and a locally made, cut-to-size pistol was also discovered from his waist.

Suspect opens up
In this interview with Crime Alert, the 49-year-old father of two disclosed that he started robbing during his undergraduate days. He revealed that his gang used what is known as ‘Italian method’ to open bank vaults, no matter how strong it is.
Among other robbery operations perpetrated by his gang, according to him, was that of SS Peter & Paul Anglican Church in Ake area of Abeokuta, four months ago. He said he met some of his gang members while serving a jail term at the Akure Prisons.

Reveals operational name
His words: “ My operational name is Jaga. I started stealing when I was still a student of Ogun State University, Ago Iwoye. We usually went for operations outside the state. One of the robbery attacks was that of Akure branch of Union Bank in 2005. I was not the leader of the gang. The operation was led by Alhaji ( Pastor) Matthew, Saudi, Cosmos and I.
It was carried out before the workers resumed . We did not use guns to shatter the glasses. We used cylinder gas, cutters, chisel and other house breaking implements to gain entry. While inside the banking hall, we made straight to the vault where we used Italian method to open it.

Italian method as mode of operation
At this point, he was interrupted and asked to explain what Italian method is. He giggled and continued: “You won’t understand. Italian model involves applying sense when breaking into banks that are usually fortified with high-tech gadgets before using house-breaking implements to gain entrance.
The method is also used to break into vaults, no matter how fortified the lock is. At the end of the operation, we made away with N50 million. I got N4.5 million. That was aside the money I collected from other places (in the bank) that I tucked into my pocket.”

Arrested in Ondo
The bandit further stated that after the operation, he immediately left for his maternal home in Ibadan, Oyo State,where he squandered part of the money on women and clothes. He also said he used part of it to buy an acre of land in Ogun State.
But his flamboyant life style was short-lived, following his arrest by policemen from Ondo State Command, at his hide out. Seven other members of the robbery gang that participated in the Akure bank robbery were reportedly arrested also from their respective hideouts and taken to Akure, Ondo state, for discreet investigation.

Jail break
Olasunkanmi and members of his gang were reportedly charged before a Chief Magistrate’s Court in Akure, where they were remanded in prison, awaiting trial. Seven years into their stay in prison (in 2013), some gun men reportedly invaded the prison and effected the release of their members. Other inmates, including Olasunkanmi and members of his gang reportedly cashed in on the opportunity and fled. He said:
“ I seized that opportunity to escape through the bush. I spent three days in the bush until I came out to an express way, from where I boarded a vehicle to my mother’s home in Ibadan, Oyo state capital. Some friends gave me money and I left my mother’s place for Lagos to hide.
From there, I returned to my father’s place at Oke-Efon, Abeokuta, where I formed a new gang. Members of my gang include Femi Jonah, Tunde Ayedotun, Idowu Timothy and two others, Nzeribe and Zobo, who are still at large. We had three locally- made guns.
“In February, 2015, my gang attacked SS Peter & Paul Anglican Church, in Abeokuta, where we made away with a huge amount of money including laptops, computer sets, mobile handsets and other valuables. We sold the stolen items in the market, pretending they were second hand ware.”

Advise to criminals
He, however, ended up with an admonition to others still in the illicit business to repent saying: “Robbery does not pay. Though it is difficult to leave if you are getting money from it. But such money will never be spent in peace because you will always be watching your back for policemen.”
Two suspected members of his gang, Idowu Timothy and Tunde Ayedotun, were also discovered to be jail birds. While 46-year old Timothy who hails from Egbe, Kogi State, confessed to have bolted away from Ado-Ekiti Prisons during a jail break last year. 25 year-old Ayedotun, on his part , said he had served a two-year jail term at Ilaro Prison for robbery.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/we-use-italian-method-to-bypass-hi-tech-security-bank-robbery-suspects/

Pictures of the suspects

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Use Italian Method To Bypass Hi-tech Security – Bank Robbery Suspects[PIC] by eleko1: 7:18pm On Jun 24, 2015
sad Amu Robas and their insatiable lust for more sad,they still look haggard sad.Pluck their eye ball outa their socket sad.Bastards

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Use Italian Method To Bypass Hi-tech Security – Bank Robbery Suspects[PIC] by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jun 24, 2015
killing you will neither benefit you nor the society but keeping you in jail is a waste of scarce resources. just repent, the collapse & die

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Use Italian Method To Bypass Hi-tech Security – Bank Robbery Suspects[PIC] by ijustdey: 7:24pm On Jun 24, 2015
In this interview with Crime Alert, the 49-year-old father of two disclosed that he started robbing
during his undergraduate days.

wow..... started at his undergrad,
this man is an expert that while he said they use Italian mode to break into banks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Use Italian Method To Bypass Hi-tech Security – Bank Robbery Suspects[PIC] by ijustdey: 7:30pm On Jun 24, 2015
where I formed a new gang. Members of my gang include Femi Jonah, Tunde Ayedotun, Idowu Timothy and two others, Nzeribe and Zobo, who are still at large. We had three locally- made guns.

once a robber always one......
because they hardly change since seeing free money and spending lavishly is part of their lifestyle

4 Likes

Re: We Use Italian Method To Bypass Hi-tech Security – Bank Robbery Suspects[PIC] by Islie: 7:31pm On Jun 24, 2015
The bandit further stated that after the operation, he immediately left for his maternal home in Ibadan, Oyo State,where he squandered part of the money on women and clothes.

That's what they always use the money they never worked for and sweat to get......
Women, drinks and cloths

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Use Italian Method To Bypass Hi-tech Security – Bank Robbery Suspects[PIC] by DuchessLily(f): 7:34pm On Jun 24, 2015
With all the robbery, see how they look...... So poor and unkept

4 Likes

Re: We Use Italian Method To Bypass Hi-tech Security – Bank Robbery Suspects[PIC] by xreal: 7:40pm On Jun 24, 2015
was the 'italian method' also the one used at Ikorodu today?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Use Italian Method To Bypass Hi-tech Security – Bank Robbery Suspects[PIC] by eleko1: 7:47pm On Jun 24, 2015
With one under wear/short.
DuchessLily:
With all the robbery, see how they look...... So poor and unkept

what one doesn't labor for can't last.Kill them all angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Use Italian Method To Bypass Hi-tech Security – Bank Robbery Suspects[PIC] by iamodenigbo1(m): 7:54pm On Jun 24, 2015
inukwa akuko

2 Likes

Re: We Use Italian Method To Bypass Hi-tech Security – Bank Robbery Suspects[PIC] by Minet16(m): 9:19pm On Jun 24, 2015
such a pity because these guys are kind of talented you know, they only decided to perpetuate evil with it.

#@MINET16

2 Likes

Re: We Use Italian Method To Bypass Hi-tech Security – Bank Robbery Suspects[PIC] by oismail(m): 9:20pm On Jun 24, 2015
You should have used the US method

2 Likes

Re: We Use Italian Method To Bypass Hi-tech Security – Bank Robbery Suspects[PIC] by PUMPIN11(m): 9:20pm On Jun 24, 2015

2 Likes

Re: We Use Italian Method To Bypass Hi-tech Security – Bank Robbery Suspects[PIC] by Maintech: 9:20pm On Jun 24, 2015
Nice

1 Like

Re: We Use Italian Method To Bypass Hi-tech Security – Bank Robbery Suspects[PIC] by adenine02: 9:21pm On Jun 24, 2015
Too much of american movie

2 Likes

Re: We Use Italian Method To Bypass Hi-tech Security – Bank Robbery Suspects[PIC] by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jun 24, 2015
This country is rapidly turning into a zoo. sad

All thanks to the clueless ogogoro master Zoologist DAFT

whose destiny was to bankrupt this country before truncated by

Sai baba cool
Make baba just settle down sharp sharp to put things in place.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Use Italian Method To Bypass Hi-tech Security – Bank Robbery Suspects[PIC] by Precious91(m): 9:21pm On Jun 24, 2015
see their eyes sef.God catch una.Everyday for the thief,one day for the owner

2 Likes

Re: We Use Italian Method To Bypass Hi-tech Security – Bank Robbery Suspects[PIC] by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jun 24, 2015
TRADELYN:
embarassed
Shun crime...it never ends well!

tell that to Timipre Sylva

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Use Italian Method To Bypass Hi-tech Security – Bank Robbery Suspects[PIC] by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jun 24, 2015
SOMETIMES PERSON GO DEY WISH MAKE THEM DEY DIE LIKE FOWL.

1 Like

Re: We Use Italian Method To Bypass Hi-tech Security – Bank Robbery Suspects[PIC] by adelurv(f): 9:22pm On Jun 24, 2015
L

2 Likes

Re: We Use Italian Method To Bypass Hi-tech Security – Bank Robbery Suspects[PIC] by RichDad1(m): 9:23pm On Jun 24, 2015
But our Police uses bakassi Method.

2 Likes

Re: We Use Italian Method To Bypass Hi-tech Security – Bank Robbery Suspects[PIC] by millionboi(m): 9:24pm On Jun 24, 2015
Amu Robbers...ndi oju

1 Like

Re: We Use Italian Method To Bypass Hi-tech Security – Bank Robbery Suspects[PIC] by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jun 24, 2015
now robbery go sweet for jail omo ale jatijati grin grin grin
Re: We Use Italian Method To Bypass Hi-tech Security – Bank Robbery Suspects[PIC] by Aare2050(m): 9:25pm On Jun 24, 2015
beta pikins. their days are numbered

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: We Use Italian Method To Bypass Hi-tech Security – Bank Robbery Suspects[PIC] by Shaadey: 9:27pm On Jun 24, 2015
Ojo gbogbo ni tole, ojo kan ni tolowun

1 Like

Re: We Use Italian Method To Bypass Hi-tech Security – Bank Robbery Suspects[PIC] by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jun 24, 2015
he might break out again. they all have God fathers

1 Like

Re: We Use Italian Method To Bypass Hi-tech Security – Bank Robbery Suspects[PIC] by mencade6: 9:30pm On Jun 24, 2015
na wa ooooo

FOR ACCOUNTABILITY VOTE IAMKINGZLEE

FOR DIVIDENDS OF NAIRACRACY VOTE IAMKINGZLEE

www.nairaland.com/iamkingzlee

tomorrow is the day. 9am

vote like this

i vote for iamkingzlee cc NLJEGA

THANK YOU ALL
Re: We Use Italian Method To Bypass Hi-tech Security – Bank Robbery Suspects[PIC] by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jun 24, 2015
I hate tinubu
Re: We Use Italian Method To Bypass Hi-tech Security – Bank Robbery Suspects[PIC] by omoadeleye(m): 9:31pm On Jun 24, 2015
uhhh

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ten Wanted Nigerian Vikings Members Arrested In France And Germany. Photos / Amaka In Police Net After Man Transferred N5M Into Her Account / Orlu: 3 Suspected Armed Robbers Caught & Burnt Alive (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.