Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

President Buhari Must Cut Legislators 'jumbo Pay' By 75% Now - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Must Cut Legislators 'jumbo Pay' By 75% Now (442 Views)

We Must Cut N18,000 Minimum Wage Or Sack Workers — Governors / Why Pro-saraki Senators Should Forfeit Their Pay, By Femi Falana / Jumbo Pay: Emeka Anyaoku’s ‘atomic Bomb’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Must Cut Legislators 'jumbo Pay' By 75% Now by change49ja: 11:26am On Jun 25, 2015
I read Dr. Emeka Anyaoku's speech about our legislators' jumbo pay at a gala night organized by former president GEJ prior to PMB inauguration and I was so angry angry angry angry angry angry angry especially with the following quote:

[quote]"He told the world that even at that, Nigeria ‘prides’ herself as having the highest paid lawmakers in the world. And that means that the Nigerian lawmaker earns more than his counterpart in the United States, China, Britain, Japan, Canada et al? In these countries, their light will hardly blink. In these countries, monthly statistical information about number of jobs created is a serious campaign issue."[/quote]

Enough of these waste by these wicked and shameless thieves who don't care about nothing but their pockets.Nigerians are suffering while these legislooters are smiling to the bank.

President Buhari should immediately use his power (without consulting anyone) and cut the legislators jumbo pay to the bearest minimum to be at par with countries like US, UK, Japan, China, France, Germany etc.

This is a matter of common sense and if the legislators are not ready to compromise, they should just resign and let other patriots do the job with little or nothing. Enough is enough.

Source: http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/06/jumbo-pay-emeka-anyaokus-atomic-bom
Re: President Buhari Must Cut Legislators 'jumbo Pay' By 75% Now by Cadamlk: 11:30am On Jun 25, 2015
I support that too.At least it will reduce the influx of arms into the country .

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Must Cut Legislators 'jumbo Pay' By 75% Now by change49ja: 11:34am On Jun 25, 2015
Cadamlk:
I support that too.At least it will reduce the influx of arms into the country .

Seriously there's no point saying you'll fight corruption if these legislators are smiling to the bank at the expense of poor Nigerians...I just pity Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Don’t Sign Tetfund Bill, Group Tells President / Buhari Inaugurates National Economic Council / Party Appoints Abiola’s Daughter, 2 Other Youth Members Into Its Board Of Truste

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.