Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,962 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Your NYSC POP Experience - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Your NYSC POP Experience (1476 Views)

8 Things You Must Do Before Concluding Your NYSC Programme / How To Verify Your NYSC 2016 Batch A Senate List / Your NYSC Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Your NYSC POP Experience by tayoast(m): 7:23pm On Feb 27, 2009
Mine was a bad one.

I had not paid the foundation fee until the D day.

I was about paying when the woman in charge asked for my I. D. card.

Confidently, I dipped my hands inside my pocket, brought out my wallet, opened the wallet and alas, the I. D. was no more.

I was kind of, it has always been inside the wallet, so, wher could it be.

Ab initio, I forgot to remove the key to my room from the padlock, and i asked sm1 to remove and keep 4 me.

I proceeded home to search 4 the I. D., only to find the person I had remove the key missing.

I waited for like one and a half hours before i could enter a room I use to enter anyhow.

I enterd d room and I couldn' find the I. D.

I explained to one of the NYSC official on ground, and she said, 'don't be troubled, you know what to do, swear to an affidavit, take a police report, and your cert is in your hands.

I was kinda dejected. I left and came Friday, I woke highly motivated, started pursuit of affidavit, and It wasn't what I expected.

I was asked to pay N50 into a bank account, dependent on the status of the State Internal Revenue Server. Believe me, I spent N210 on transport b4 i could deposit the N50 after which the guy in charge (of the affidavit) charged me N600.

There came the Police report. The 1st station I visited, was nothing to write home about.

I visited the second one, to no avail.

There came the 3rd, and I met favour. i met 'A Mother' who assisted me.

There came the NYSC, I saw the woman who asked me to calm down, and she did everything for me.

There, I met Corps Members with various issues wrong names, mistakenly cancelled Certificates. One guy even came, saying the last two digits of the call-up mumber was swapped.

Now I have my Certficate - Gold.

(1) (Reply)

Get NYSC Updates On Twitter! @ifollowcorpers #getinstantfollowback / Too Bad! See What This Corper Posted On Facebook Today, After Swearing In / 2017 Batch A Jigawa Corpers Passed Out In Style (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.