Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,834 members, 7,828,044 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

Who Is Your World/european/african Footballer Of The Year - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Is Your World/european/african Footballer Of The Year (846 Views)

Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award / Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 / Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Your World/european/african Footballer Of The Year by flyingdut(m): 7:14pm On Sep 20, 2006
the year is fast coming to an end and soon fifa, uefa then caf would be announcing their best football player respectively. there have been a world and an african championship played this year already along with various international and league matches.

is ronaldinho [who had a poor world cup]preparing for another clean swoop on the major honours? is it gonna be michael ballack, thierry henry or stevie G.?any chance for the second african to be world player after george opong weah? maybe samuel eto or didier drogba or our own dear mikel obi might steal it. however it seems it will be a tight race this year as there have not been a consistent performer so far.

also who is your manager and club of the year? comments appreciated

Re: Who Is Your World/european/african Footballer Of The Year by kitaun(m): 7:25pm On Sep 20, 2006
Did i see Zizou in that list? if not, your list of contenders for Player of the year is incomplete cool
Re: Who Is Your World/european/african Footballer Of The Year by flyingdut(m): 7:48pm On Sep 20, 2006
i actually thought of zinedine zidane [the professor]. but why i strongly feel the odds are against him are:

1. the infamous materrazi incident. fifa may think they are encouraging unruly behaviour

2. he is retired. i cannot remeber the award being given to a retired player before

however, zz is a fantastic player and had a brilliant world cup. infact no adjective dey to describe this man. to simply call him fantastic is an understatement and an insult.

maybe we can run a poll later and make the nairaland sports forum player of the year award

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea Is Killing The Beautifull Game / Do You Real Madrid Management Made The Right Decision To Sell Jonathan Woodgate / Quickest Man In The Premiership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.