Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,705 members, 7,955,662 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:11 PM

Remembering Michael Jackson, Six Years After His Death - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Remembering Michael Jackson, Six Years After His Death (944 Views)

What Are Your Top 3 Michael Jackson Songs Ever? / 10 Fela Songs That Are Still Relevant In 2017, 20 Years After His Death / Remembering Michael Jackson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Remembering Michael Jackson, Six Years After His Death by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jun 25, 2015
On June 25, 2009, the world lost Michael Jackson, one of music's true greats.

Six years after his death, we remember the King of Pop as a pioneer whose work remains a huge part of our cultural consciousness. The
legendary artist began his career at just 9 years old when The Jackson Five signed to Steeltown Records in 1967. He was only 11 when, after signing with Motown in 1969, the
group had their first single, "I Want You Back," hit number one in 1970. A two-time Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee, Jackson
continued to write and record original work for four decades, and still holds the record for best-selling album of all time for his 1982 record,"Thriller."

We continue to hear his genius talent as both a vocalist and songwriter in hits like, "Beat It," "Billy Jean," "Bad," "Smooth Criminal," "Man In The Mirror" and "The Way You Make Me Feel."

As Recording Academy President Neil
Portnow told Rolling Stone back in 2009:
"Rarely has the world received a gift with the magnitude of artistry, talent, and vision as Michael Jackson. He was a true musical icon whose identifiable voice, innovative dance
moves, stunning musical versatility, and sheer
star power carried him from childhood to worldwide acclaim. A 13-time Grammy recipient, Michael's career transcends musical and cultural genres and his contributions will always keep him in our hearts and memories."

We miss you, Michael.
Re: Remembering Michael Jackson, Six Years After His Death by abbeycial: 5:11pm On Jun 25, 2015
dear Mike,
u r not alone,cus u rock my world and even that of liberian girls.
the thrillers u left regardless if we were black or white,tempts even smooth criminals.
I know i am bad and its all becuz they don't really care about us.

rest well bro.

(1) (Reply)

OMOLAYO best song have listened to from an upcoming act ,You need to listen 2 it / Oga Jojo Offers Free Production, Mixing And Mastering Classes As Way Of Giving / The Rise And Fall Of Sean Tizzle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.