Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,545 members, 7,823,393 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Senate Inaugurates Committee To Review Lawmakers’ Salaries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Inaugurates Committee To Review Lawmakers’ Salaries (10919 Views)

Dogara Inaugurates Committee To End Economic Recession In Nigeria(pics) / Saraki: Senate Inaugurates 12-Man Committee / FG To Slash Federal Lawmakers’ Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Inaugurates Committee To Review Lawmakers’ Salaries by Tville(m): 5:35pm On Jun 25, 2015
Reacting to the massive outcry against their huge salaries and entitlements, the upper chamber of the National Assembly today inaugurated a committee that would review the salaries of lawmakers.

A committee that would daft the legislative agenda for the 8th Senate was also formed before the adjournment of plenary till July 21.

The senate president, Sen. Bukola Saraki (Kwara-APC) via his twitter handle said the “Committee on Finance to reduce our salary and that of Legislative Agenda will continue to meet” in spite of the adjournment of sitting.

He said the senate will reconvene as soon as President Muhammadu Buhari sends ministerial list to the senate.

Saraki further emphasised that the Senate was committed to serving Nigerians, noting that it would not be “business as usual” in the Senate under his leadership.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/06/senate-inaugurates-committee-to-review-lawmakers-salaries/

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Senate Inaugurates Committee To Review Lawmakers’ Salaries by INTROVERT(f): 5:37pm On Jun 25, 2015
We want a downward review

A very huge downward review.

6 Likes

Re: Senate Inaugurates Committee To Review Lawmakers’ Salaries by Feranmicharles(m): 5:41pm On Jun 25, 2015
Now that there won't be any minister till 21th of julyangry

House of reps members are fightingangry
Senate isn't settleangry
Boko haram are terrorisingangry
Radio biafra is preaching hatredangry
Buhari is travelling round the worldangry

Naija which way naangry
And I feel like cryingangrycry

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Inaugurates Committee To Review Lawmakers’ Salaries by LMAyedun(m): 5:41pm On Jun 25, 2015
I pray it sees the light of the day with those thugs & thieves we voted as Honourable thieves & Senators.

I'm not enjoying this Change at all.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Inaugurates Committee To Review Lawmakers’ Salaries by Helkayklassic(m): 5:42pm On Jun 25, 2015
I hope the committee are not members of the senate because even if a madman is given an hoe, he will cultivate to his side.

1 Like

Re: Senate Inaugurates Committee To Review Lawmakers’ Salaries by preciouswize(m): 5:42pm On Jun 25, 2015
Let pry xo ooow
Re: Senate Inaugurates Committee To Review Lawmakers’ Salaries by friedcorn: 5:42pm On Jun 25, 2015
SARAKI MY MENTOR

DOGARA MY ADVISER

EKWEREM MY INSPIRATOR

TINUBU MY ...............

PLS CHECK MY SIGNATURE
Re: Senate Inaugurates Committee To Review Lawmakers’ Salaries by natas22: 5:42pm On Jun 25, 2015
When will all this drama end, at the end nothing will be done. APC stop deceiving us.
www.
Re: Senate Inaugurates Committee To Review Lawmakers’ Salaries by tucky200(m): 5:42pm On Jun 25, 2015
Pdp been destroying nigeria 4 d past 16 yrs..
Nw we voted for change but they are still bent on destroying nigeria..

Apc on d other hand should look for a way to format all viruses in their party
Re: Senate Inaugurates Committee To Review Lawmakers’ Salaries by Neduzze5(m): 5:42pm On Jun 25, 2015
Talk talk!!

Committee whose reports may never be taken into consideration. They should slash it down at once no need for all these long waste of time!!
Re: Senate Inaugurates Committee To Review Lawmakers’ Salaries by dayo23(f): 5:42pm On Jun 25, 2015
Bunch of selfish people, honourable criminals and agberos. Awon olooshi

1 Like

Re: Senate Inaugurates Committee To Review Lawmakers’ Salaries by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jun 25, 2015
Nigeria should adopt a part-time unicamera legislature.

1 Like

Re: Senate Inaugurates Committee To Review Lawmakers’ Salaries by dayo23(f): 5:44pm On Jun 25, 2015
Neduzze5:
Talk talk!!

Committee whose reports may never be taken into consideration. They should slash it down at once no need for all these long waste of time!!
Re: Senate Inaugurates Committee To Review Lawmakers’ Salaries by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jun 25, 2015
We set up a "committee to reduce our salary?" Sounds childish. IMO.

Last time I checked we had a Salaries and Wages Commission in Nigeria.

Seems some persons don't even know their job descriptions in this country... SMH

1 Like

well done my der senate president.we the masses are solidly behind you!!! carry on!!!!
Re: Senate Inaugurates Committee To Review Lawmakers’ Salaries by ZAMZINE(m): 5:45pm On Jun 25, 2015
50% should be a nice target..... but I bet they will only reduce it by 1% and later create a bill that will add 10-50% back to the main figure in form of some WHITE ELEPHANT PROJECT ALLOWANCE later on.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Inaugurates Committee To Review Lawmakers’ Salaries by adeA1(m): 5:45pm On Jun 25, 2015
Saradola! Its ur time
Re: Senate Inaugurates Committee To Review Lawmakers’ Salaries by Nairalandar: 5:46pm On Jun 25, 2015
BETTER NAIJA
.... PLS CHECK MY SIGGY N DO D NEEDFUL. THANKS
Re: Senate Inaugurates Committee To Review Lawmakers’ Salaries by dotwyz: 5:47pm On Jun 25, 2015
Wheither they like or not, their will received their salary in pay cut.
Re: Senate Inaugurates Committee To Review Lawmakers’ Salaries by stylux: 5:47pm On Jun 25, 2015
We re watchn
Re: Senate Inaugurates Committee To Review Lawmakers’ Salaries by fartkay(m): 5:48pm On Jun 25, 2015
I comment my reserve
Re: Senate Inaugurates Committee To Review Lawmakers’ Salaries by jerryunit48: 5:48pm On Jun 25, 2015
Ok

Re: Senate Inaugurates Committee To Review Lawmakers’ Salaries by guardsman: 5:48pm On Jun 25, 2015
I can never take Saraki at his word. He can not be trusted on anything, not even dis panel.
I can neither trust nor believe a con-man who robbed depositors of their funds at his Societe General Bank. While they groaned at d loss of their deposits, he was busy acquiring properties in Europe & America wit their money.
I can never trust someone who betrayed those wit whom he shared dat sacred bond of blood & family.
I can never trust someone who betrayed his associates in d PDP & now d APC.
My take is dat no one, not even his close associates should never believe dis treacherous individual. Only gullible nigerians will take him at his word.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Inaugurates Committee To Review Lawmakers’ Salaries by Nairalandar: 5:49pm On Jun 25, 2015
fartkay:
I comment my reserve
Re: Senate Inaugurates Committee To Review Lawmakers’ Salaries by anonimi: 5:49pm On Jun 25, 2015
Good INITIAL move.

The PRESSURE that brought us this far must continue without ceasing until the wages of these SINators and representaTHIEVES are brought in line with the N18,000 minimum wage for other workers in the SAME government.
No more, no less!!!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2529977_nass_jpeg20217b4f045ab12789674b258da46f96

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2528508_political20catoon_jpeg388939f5abe0d6aa488640afd36eb164

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2529968_r20ty_jpeg_jpeg0af060eca672685df9d63028af25c1c5
Re: Senate Inaugurates Committee To Review Lawmakers’ Salaries by sunsewa: 5:50pm On Jun 25, 2015
Dullardino ball in your court,present your precious list of life.

1 Like

Re: Senate Inaugurates Committee To Review Lawmakers’ Salaries by pat077: 5:50pm On Jun 25, 2015
Anytin below 50% is unacceptable.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Inaugurates Committee To Review Lawmakers’ Salaries by luorquay: 5:52pm On Jun 25, 2015
MyTime3:
We set up a "committee to reduce our salary?" Sounds childish. IMO.

Last time I checked we had a Salaries and Wages Commission in Nigeria.

Seems some persons don't even know their job descriptions in this country...

I tire ooo. everytin for naija now, committee must be set up. And to think we have a Salaries and Wages Commission ooo. Wetin con be their work then
Re: Senate Inaugurates Committee To Review Lawmakers’ Salaries by dotwyz: 5:52pm On Jun 25, 2015
tucky200:
Nw we voted for change but they are still bent on destroying nigeria.
But most of the majority leaders of APC are viruses in the party. So they are informatible.
Re: Senate Inaugurates Committee To Review Lawmakers’ Salaries by luorquay: 5:54pm On Jun 25, 2015
LMAyedun:
I pray it sees the light of the day with those thugs & thieves we voted as Honourable thieves & Senators.

I'm not enjoying this Change at all.
comment seconded
Re: Senate Inaugurates Committee To Review Lawmakers’ Salaries by anonimi: 5:55pm On Jun 25, 2015
tucky200:
Nw we voted for change but they are still bent on destroying nigeria..

Which PDP
Abeg open your eyes make you see well oh.
Sorry that you allowed YOURSELF to be SCAMMED by the meaningless chant of change change.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2102459_apcteam_png6dc9407cdcc2b68174c445361fc3e4c9

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aliyu Adekunle, Vanguard Editor Arrested By Police In Lagos / Terrorism: We're Still Investigating Sowore’s Phones For Links - DSS Tells Court / Tinubu's Current Picture, How True

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.