Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,542 members, 7,823,376 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

House Issue - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / House Issue (1237 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

House Issue by babyme1(f): 6:08pm On Jun 25, 2015
We moved into a new apartment 2yrs ago. The environment is serene and good for a family with young kids. Our landlady seems very amiable as she lives in one of the flats.

Problem now is that it's time to renew the rent and she said we should move out. Reason being that i cautioned his son sometime ago to stop calling my 2yr old his girlfriend and wife. He took it to an annoying level by never calling her name. I cautioned him politely to pls call her by her given name and never knew they held it against me.

It's so annoying to move now bc we just moved in, plus all the money we put into the flat to make it what we wanted. And to think that we have to go start all over again.

Any idea folks? But one thing is certain, im not apologising to nobody bc what i did was in the interest of my lil girl.
Re: House Issue by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jun 25, 2015
Don't mind them. They feel u will be a troublesome tennant, but they re failing to see things from ur point of view. I think u should just talk to her and see her reasons and let her see urs. If she's still adamant, just move out!

1 Like

Re: House Issue by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jun 25, 2015
Ur jumping to conclusions. Who says its because of the son and daughter issue that they are sending you out? It could be another reason. They may want to use the house for another thing. If she actually said that its the reason, then you can try to find a common ground.

If the house really means alot, you can beg. If it doesnt mean anything to you, leave.

1 Like

Re: House Issue by ronald4lif(m): 6:20pm On Jun 25, 2015
feran14:
Ur jumping to conclusions. Who says its because of the son and daughter issue that they are sending you out? It could be another reason. They may want to use the house for another thing. If she actually said that its the reason, then you can try to find a common ground

Exactly. How sure is she the incident is responsible for the quit notice. It could be something else. Whatever is the reason behind the evacuation order of the property is, they should simply move out.
Re: House Issue by babyme1(f): 6:41pm On Jun 25, 2015
feran14:
Ur jumping to conclusions. Who says its because of the son and daughter issue that they are sending you out? It could be another reason. They may want to use the house for another thing. If she actually said that its the reason, then you can try to find a common ground.

If the house really means alot, you can beg. If it doesnt mean anything to you, leave.

She actually cited that as the reason she is terminating our tenancy . My husband approached her and said what i told the son was wasnt bad considering the fact that i did it politely. He also made her to understand dt the son isnt d only one we've cautioned abt dt.

She asked hubby if our children are angels or what undecided That actually got me pissed. She is adamant that we should vacate d building, and to know tht she is a very enlightened woman is baffling
Re: House Issue by Kimoni: 6:59pm On Jun 25, 2015
babyme1:

She actually cited that as the reason she is terminating our tenancy . My husband approached her and said what i told the son was wasnt bad considering the fact that i did it politely. He also made her to understand dt the son isnt d only one we've cautioned abt dt.

She asked hubby if our children are angels or what undecided That actually got me pissed. She is adamant that we should vacate d building, and to know tht she is a very enlightened woman is baffling

I am not sure she has the right to ask you to pack out if you are ready to pay your rent and have not committed any offence. Seek advice from a lawyer.

Also, tell her politely you have spent so much in renovating the house to suit your taste and you will gladly pack out only if she is ready to refund you.
Re: House Issue by edwife(f): 7:01pm On Jun 25, 2015
babyme1:

Then please my dear,move out.

Don't stay in such a place,because next time something else might come up and yes you have every right to dictate how your daughter should be addressed.

Because she gave you notice to quit in advance,nothing could be done.It is her house and she chooses who should stay.
The only solution is for you to move out.

2 Likes

Re: House Issue by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jun 25, 2015
babyme1:

move out.. she obviously won't let u stay.. move

1 Like

Re: House Issue by thorpido(m): 9:00pm On Jun 25, 2015
I'm afraid you have to move.Usually,you will be given a few months' grace.
Start shopping for a new apartment.
Re: House Issue by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jun 25, 2015
The guy that called your daughter his wife, how old is he?
Re: House Issue by emilyone(f): 10:22pm On Jun 25, 2015
MarvellousGod:

Good question
Re: House Issue by SAMBARRY: 10:59pm On Jun 25, 2015
Move out

reason. A potential pedo is living with you in the name of landlords son. Opportunity never present itself as in eyes are still around that's why . but he's giving you a clue. A man calling your daughter my wife or girlfriend will soon do what they do to wives or girlfriends behind closed doors after then there'll be little or nothing you can do because he's omo landlord wink

if you don't believe me. Leave your daughter at home. Put cameras in the house and feign you're going out. Whatever you see is what it is tongue

next
Re: House Issue by babyme1(f): 11:22pm On Jun 25, 2015
MarvellousGod:
Early 20s
Re: House Issue by Nobody: 6:39am On Jun 26, 2015
babyme1:

Early 20s
you did the right thing dear..

I think you just have to move out no matter how painful. Even if you stay back, you may not find fulfillment there again....

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Does Bearing A Child Validate A Woman As A Wife? / Some Guys Can Be Really Messy / You Reduce Marital Problems By 50% If You Marry From Your Town — Simoyan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.