Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,956 members, 7,825,000 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Photos: VP Osinbajo's Visit Shuts Down Calabar For 10 Hours - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos: VP Osinbajo's Visit Shuts Down Calabar For 10 Hours (3007 Views)

Lagos Sells 50kg Bag Of Rice N8k Ahead Of Osinbajo's Visit(photos) / “we Are Suffering,” Kano Residents Chant During VP Osinbajo’s Visit / PHOTOS: VP Osinbajo Visits Ocholi's Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos: VP Osinbajo's Visit Shuts Down Calabar For 10 Hours by gidimasters(m): 6:43pm On Jun 25, 2015
Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osibanjo visit to Calabar
the Cross River State capital, yesterday brought to
a
halt human and vehicular movements for several
hours as security operatives shut down the major
routes in the capital city. Besides, this
development
also grounded business activities following the
blockade of roads to markets and other business
centers. Also, journalists who left their homes to
cover the event as early as 8:00am, could not get
to
the venue even at 11: am as roads were blocked.
This was as some press men who arrived the
venue late were denied access to the hall to cover
the event by security men at the entrance. Some
business operators, who spoke with our reporter
lamented that it was a wasted day as they lost
several thousands of naira from roads blockade.
They said it was a strange development as they
have never witness such scenario were a vice
president's visit will terminate activities of the
residents. One of them, Asuquo Akanimoh, who
owns a shop at the watt market said, "i left my
house at eight miles to my shop only to spent six
hours on the road, even when i got to my shop the
entire place was dull because customers could not
have access to the roads due to the markets, as i
speak with you i have not sold even a pant which
is
very bad.
I pay taxes and rent and everyday i my business
counts, please this situation can be handled in a
different way," he said Also, Itoro Etim, a
commercial taxi chauffeur said the day was
wasted
because he could not ply the road even when he
had already hired a taxi for the day.
The VP who was a keynote speaker and special
guest of honor at the occasion of the 10th
Memorial
Anniversary of the first High Court judge of the then
South Eastern State, Justice Peter Odo Effiong
Bassey, held at the University of Calabar. Source: http://www.gidimasters.com/2015/06/photos-vp-osinbajos-visit-shuts-down.html?m=1

Re: Photos: VP Osinbajo's Visit Shuts Down Calabar For 10 Hours by MosakuAW(m): 6:44pm On Jun 25, 2015
Baba jeje.

1 Like

Re: Photos: VP Osinbajo's Visit Shuts Down Calabar For 10 Hours by Otherique: 6:45pm On Jun 25, 2015
Intro
Re: Photos: VP Osinbajo's Visit Shuts Down Calabar For 10 Hours by slimfit1(m): 6:45pm On Jun 25, 2015
We need to look into it
Re: Photos: VP Osinbajo's Visit Shuts Down Calabar For 10 Hours by Ezenwammadu(m): 6:45pm On Jun 25, 2015
undecided

1 Like

Re: Photos: VP Osinbajo's Visit Shuts Down Calabar For 10 Hours by tunwumi: 6:45pm On Jun 25, 2015
Daris Goduooooooo
Re: Photos: VP Osinbajo's Visit Shuts Down Calabar For 10 Hours by Emekamex(m): 6:47pm On Jun 25, 2015
Osinbajo: Tinubu's Assistant

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos: VP Osinbajo's Visit Shuts Down Calabar For 10 Hours by bamidele029: 6:48pm On Jun 25, 2015
Things should have been better organized better not to disrupt people's activities

However it's amazing that the man they call a "mere commissioner" is so powerful as to be able to ground the activities in a town and even the haters no fit do anything about it but to obey grin

Na only for internet they get mouth...like the loser above my comment grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos: VP Osinbajo's Visit Shuts Down Calabar For 10 Hours by gidimasters(m): 6:48pm On Jun 25, 2015
Emekamex:
Osinbajo: Tinubu's Assistant
Lobatan
Re: Photos: VP Osinbajo's Visit Shuts Down Calabar For 10 Hours by omenka(m): 6:54pm On Jun 25, 2015
bamidele029:
Things should have been better organized better not to disrupt people's activities

However it's amazing that the man they call a "mere commissioner" is so powerful as to be able to ground the activities in a town and even the haters no fit do anything about it but to obey grin

You took this right out of my fingers! cheesy

Indeed they are only powerful on the internet, reduced to nothing more than whimpering moppets in real life. cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Photos: VP Osinbajo's Visit Shuts Down Calabar For 10 Hours by lolababe331e: 6:54pm On Jun 25, 2015
bamidele029:

You dey mind them, what is the name of the man the houseboy has power over grin. Mumuni is their name, they no dare disobey the "houseboy" na only to rant online. He is a houseboy yet he can make a whole Calabar stand still , that type houseboy na correct thing tongue

4 Likes

Re: Photos: VP Osinbajo's Visit Shuts Down Calabar For 10 Hours by maverickdude(m): 7:02pm On Jun 25, 2015
shut down ke,cos of ordinary visit....oga o
Re: Photos: VP Osinbajo's Visit Shuts Down Calabar For 10 Hours by 1deadlugard: 7:04pm On Jun 25, 2015
you are not welcome to Biafra after using napalm BOMB on INNOCENT little biafran kids cool

WE ARE MOURNING our bombed villages and killing of elderly grand mothers by Nigeria m17 , with napalm boom .

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Photos: VP Osinbajo's Visit Shuts Down Calabar For 10 Hours by Jorussia(m): 7:12pm On Jun 25, 2015
Re: Photos: VP Osinbajo's Visit Shuts Down Calabar For 10 Hours by mymadam(m): 7:12pm On Jun 25, 2015
bamidele029:
...Na only for internet they get mouth...

Indeed!
Re: Photos: VP Osinbajo's Visit Shuts Down Calabar For 10 Hours by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jun 25, 2015
I remember when APC do complain when GEJ went on official visit but now that *mere commissionEr* have done same, what business does this Commissioner have in Calabar when there is a Governor there

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos: VP Osinbajo's Visit Shuts Down Calabar For 10 Hours by aminho(m): 7:20pm On Jun 25, 2015
Biased news
Re: Photos: VP Osinbajo's Visit Shuts Down Calabar For 10 Hours by gregg2: 7:31pm On Jun 25, 2015
[size=13pt]His visit brought hardship instead to the people.
The man should never visit Calabar again
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Photos: VP Osinbajo's Visit Shuts Down Calabar For 10 Hours by blesoh(f): 7:35pm On Jun 25, 2015
I just heard d news this evening.
Re: Photos: VP Osinbajo's Visit Shuts Down Calabar For 10 Hours by hackerboogey: 9:53pm On Jun 25, 2015
Mere commissioner grin
Re: Photos: VP Osinbajo's Visit Shuts Down Calabar For 10 Hours by HzRF(m): 10:01pm On Jun 25, 2015
omenka:
You took this right out of my fingers! cheesy

Indeed they are only powerful on the internet, reduced to nothing more than whimpering moppets in real life. cheesy
Lyk u are for yrs
Re: Photos: VP Osinbajo's Visit Shuts Down Calabar For 10 Hours by kayzat: 10:04pm On Jun 25, 2015
gregg2:
[/size]

For your mind
Re: Photos: VP Osinbajo's Visit Shuts Down Calabar For 10 Hours by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:34pm On Jun 25, 2015
we shall set up a committee to look into it..
Re: Photos: VP Osinbajo's Visit Shuts Down Calabar For 10 Hours by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jun 25, 2015
1deadlugard:
you are not welcome to Biafra after using napalm BOMB on INNOCENT little biafran kids cool

WE ARE MOURNING our bombed villages and killing of elderly grand mothers by Nigeria m17 , with napalm boom .
Shey it was Osinbajo that declared secession? undecided
Or Osinbajo that was busy screaming 'Ojukwu nyeanyi egbe? undecided
Or Osinbajo that flew the MiG planes that dropped the napalm bombs? undecided
shey you see how stupid you can be? Awon omo ale jati jati angry
Re: Photos: VP Osinbajo's Visit Shuts Down Calabar For 10 Hours by mike404(m): 11:01pm On Jun 25, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
I remember when APC do complain when GEJ went on official visit but now that *mere commissionEr* have done same, what business does this Commissioner have in Calabar when there is a Governor there
A MERE COMMISSIONER FOR THAT MATTER
Re: Photos: VP Osinbajo's Visit Shuts Down Calabar For 10 Hours by BabaNath(m): 11:46pm On Jun 25, 2015
I don forget wetin I wan talk
Re: Photos: VP Osinbajo's Visit Shuts Down Calabar For 10 Hours by attacker231: 11:49pm On Jun 25, 2015
[s]
ECOTERRORS:

[/s]

Transgender, Your foolishness is hereditary. I just hope you dont kill yourself one day cos of your stupidity and joblessness.
Re: Photos: VP Osinbajo's Visit Shuts Down Calabar For 10 Hours by attacker231: 11:49pm On Jun 25, 2015
bamidele029:

They are all jobless noisemaker.
Re: Photos: VP Osinbajo's Visit Shuts Down Calabar For 10 Hours by musachara: 11:55pm On Jun 25, 2015
please OP get your facts right and dont post sentiments online. i reside in calabar and have toured the major road that cut across the town today, takling about MM highway from 11:00 am till 2:00 pm when i got back home, No road was Blocked. in calabar there is only total road closure on carnival days, even so. there are some places to maneuver. there is also a by-pass that can easily take you across. roads are only closed temporary when the VIP's convoy pass then its opened. please stop spraying such sentimental messages around its really wrong
Re: Photos: VP Osinbajo's Visit Shuts Down Calabar For 10 Hours by musachara: 11:56pm On Jun 25, 2015
gregg2:
[/size]
the info the OP posted is 99% lies, i reside in calabar, infact the VP's visit was on thursday not as stated by the OP
Re: Photos: VP Osinbajo's Visit Shuts Down Calabar For 10 Hours by musachara: 11:58pm On Jun 25, 2015
gidimasters:
Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osibanjo visit to Calabar
the Cross River State capital, yesterday brought to
a
halt human and vehicular movements for several
hours as security operatives shut down the major
routes in the capital city. Besides, this
development
also grounded business activities following the
blockade of roads to markets and other business
centers. Also, journalists who left their homes to
cover the event as early as 8:00am, could not get
to
the venue even at 11: am as roads were blocked.
This was as some press men who arrived the
venue late were denied access to the hall to cover
the event by security men at the entrance. Some
business operators, who spoke with our reporter
lamented that it was a wasted day as they lost
several thousands of naira from roads blockade.
They said it was a strange development as they
have never witness such scenario were a vice
president's visit will terminate activities of the
residents. One of them, Asuquo Akanimoh, who
owns a shop at the watt market said, "i left my
house at eight miles to my shop only to spent six
hours on the road, even when i got to my shop the
entire place was dull because customers could not
have access to the roads due to the markets, as i
speak with you i have not sold even a pant which
is
very bad.
I pay taxes and rent and everyday i my business
counts, please this situation can be handled in a
different way," he said Also, Itoro Etim, a
commercial taxi chauffeur said the day was
wasted
because he could not ply the road even when he
had already hired a taxi for the day.
The VP who was a keynote speaker and special
guest of honor at the occasion of the 10th
Memorial
Anniversary of the first High Court judge of the then
South Eastern State, Justice Peter Odo Effiong
Bassey, held at the University of Calabar. Source: http://www.gidimasters.com/2015/06/photos-vp-osinbajos-visit-shuts-down.html?m=1
please OP get your facts right and dont post sentiments online. i reside in calabar and have toured the major road that cut across the town today, takling about MM highway from 11:00 am till 2:00 pm when i got back home, No road was Blocked. in calabar there is only total road closure on carnival days, even so. there are some places to maneuver. there is also a by-pass that can easily take you across. roads are only closed temporary when the VIP's convoy pass then its opened. please stop spraying such sentimental messages around its really wrong.
And please, he visited today Thursday not yesterday

(1) (Reply)

Survival In Biafra. Pictures From Queen Elisabeth Hospital Umuahia. / Igbo Traders Protest As Govt Seals Off Shops, Banks / Read What Obama Said About President Buhari And Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.