Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) (42445 Views)

AY's 10 Days In Sun City: A Review By Heromaniaa / AY's '30 Days In Atlanta' Recognized By Guinness World Records 2017 / Ay 30 Days In Atlanta Wins 4 Awards At Golden Movie Awards (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by ideykwum: 3:00pm On Jun 26, 2015
See, a lot of these comedians are so dry, you could set yourself on fire from their jokes!! Personally, AY and Alibaba are one of the worst!! Alibaba must have seen better days!!

Teeboy15:
Hi ya'll, I'm a first time OP (whatever OP means) so please apologies on any typo error or whatever.

Though this post is coming when the movie is already old but i just felt the need to create the thread afterall.

Ok enuff talk lemme get straight to it. I think the movie 30 days in Atlanta was unnecessarily hyped for the following reasons;

1. Ay was not fit for the role; Ay does not have that rugged n razz personality to play the role of Akpors. He seemed too serious for the role, more like forcing himself to be an Akpors personality. A Bovi or Charles Inojie interpretation of the role would have made more sense.

2. Story line was poor; Like seriously what was he trying to portray, that Akpors is just a local Warri boy who got lucky, went abroad and couldn't behave himself in a cultured way? Seriously?

3.His comedy line in the movie when he got employed as a part-time comedian was terrible; Ay like seriously u could have done berra than that. Dat was whack. If na so ur shows dey be u for no get one kobo for account.

Let me state that I'm not in any way hating on the successfull comedian's effort (before Nairalanders go start their own wahala), for what its worth it was a good movie but constructive criticism also sell movies.

For those who haven't seen the movie make sure u get a copy of it and let us know what u think. U can also add ur opinion for those that have already seen the movie.

CC: lalasticlala, tosyne2much and co abeg help me park dis keke for garage

4 Likes

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Alezy(m): 3:00pm On Jun 26, 2015
Teeboy15:
Hi ya'll, I'm a first time OP (whatever OP means) so please apologies on any typo error or whatever.

Though this post is coming when the movie is already old but i just felt the need to create the thread afterall.

Ok enuff talk lemme get straight to it. I think the movie 30 days in Atlanta was unnecessarily hyped for the following reasons;

1. Ay was not fit for the role; Ay does not have that rugged n razz personality to play the role of Akpors. He seemed too serious for the role, more like forcing himself to be an Akpors personality. A Bovi or Charles Inojie interpretation of the role would have made more sense.

2. Story line was poor; Like seriously what was he trying to portray, that Akpors is just a local Warri boy who got lucky, went abroad and couldn't behave himself in a cultured way? Seriously?

3.His comedy line in the movie when he got employed as a part-time comedian was terrible; Ay like seriously u could have done berra than that. Dat was whack. If na so ur shows dey be u for no get one kobo for account.

Let me state that I'm not in any way hating on the successfull comedian's effort (before Nairalanders go start their own wahala), for what its worth it was a good movie but constructive criticism also sell movies.

For those who haven't seen the movie make sure u get a copy of it and let us know what u think. U can also add ur opinion for those that have already seen the movie.

your number one says it all....should have picked a true warri boy for that role.

2 Likes

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by ijbeauty(f): 3:00pm On Jun 26, 2015
Just what me n my sis talked about some days ago....

So so OVER hyped..

I guess that's the best he could offer..
#nottoobadthough

30 days in Atlanta ke, 40days in the wilderness ni undecided

1 Like

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by adamskutty(m): 3:01pm On Jun 26, 2015
Yes the movie is overhyped, what was the need for shouting "their father" "their father" always? Especially that part when he arrived at his residence, came out of the car, put his two hands up in the air like someone doing praise and worship and uttered this words "their father" "their father" warriiiii! Oh! Na america we dey, sorry! "their dad" "their dad". grin Honestly, it doesn't make sense to me.

1 Like

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by pickabeau1: 3:01pm On Jun 26, 2015
I enjoyed it

Kudos AY!

Good networking with the B listers of Hollywood

Good product placement with Lekki gardens

Good for foreigners to see something different about Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by bigtalla(m): 3:01pm On Jun 26, 2015
Over hyped!!!

2 Likes

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by BlissB(f): 3:01pm On Jun 26, 2015
Though he has made his money since but Bovi or Ushbebe would have been perfect for that A.Y's role......to be honest i nor just feel the *warriness* in A.Y.....he could not translate his role properly

1 Like

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by huptin(m): 3:02pm On Jun 26, 2015
eyeview:

Infact someone suggested that those who paid the initial exhorbitant fees at the cinema should have started a riot there and then for a refund or atleast some change.
I just feel the AY guy just gave the movie the needed hype and by the time you realize it,it would be too late cos you would have parted with cash.

I was part of the people you referred to, i felt so disappointed and i actually felt like starting a riot but many people (especially those chewing gum chewing girls) were laughing so loud like they just saw the most interesting film in the world. I felt like slapping them sef. angry angry angry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by dammytosh: 3:03pm On Jun 26, 2015
Teeboy15:

I agree with you but then ...

"30 Days in Atlanta has been declared the highest grossing movie of all time in the history of Nigeria."
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by sobastical: 3:04pm On Jun 26, 2015
Thank goodness say I no even bother myself to watch am as I don't find AY funny he always look like someone forcing himself to crack jokes while baking it up with jazz to get more audience.

1 Like

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by endowednicky(f): 3:05pm On Jun 26, 2015
Besto:

asin ehnn.. when my elder brother laffed uncontrollable at that part... i just mute in anger.. if to say na my younger brother... i for sound him head..
lolz....I can imagine d look on your face then......
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by yorubaboiy: 3:05pm On Jun 26, 2015
i watched it with my elder bro....to be frnk it wasnt funny to me.....bt we laffed just to let my bro knw dat the 3.59GB e used in downloading it wasnt wasted.

if its not bkos its over hyped hw will my broda use 3.7gb of data to download a film

3 Likes

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by kingthreat(m): 3:06pm On Jun 26, 2015
Kentrasso:

Who cares? I haven't laughed so hard at a Nigerian comedy like I did when I watched it. The movie was genuinely funny and thats what everybody shares

Funny? If it made you laugh, then even a mad man pissing on the road will make you laugh.

3 Likes

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by rightthing276: 3:06pm On Jun 26, 2015
ideykwum:
See, a lot of these comedians are so dry, you could set yourself on fire from their jokes!! Personally, AY and Alibaba are one of the worst!! Alibaba must have seen better days!!

Seriously , that Alibaba, Teju Baby face and AY are so dry in their comedy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by blakky97(m): 3:07pm On Jun 26, 2015
Teeboy15:

its a nonsense movie like all

2 Likes

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by wolegzy: 3:07pm On Jun 26, 2015
Dear OP,

Whether the Storyline is trash....
Whether the Role was mismatched....
Whether the jokes were not rib-cracking or not......
Whether the Cinematography was poor or not ......

The movie is now THE HIGHEST GROSSING MOVIE IN THE HISTORY OF NOLLYWOOD.

Don't underestimate the power of BRAND MARKETING....
That's what distinguishes AY from all other comedians in the country. That guy must have some Branding gurus working with him.

1 Like

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by origindon: 3:07pm On Jun 26, 2015
Highest earning Nollywood movie of all time. AY deserves it. He knows the business. As for quality, I think we should turn to the thousands of graduates coming out of our Universities Theatre Arts departments to do something proffesional.
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Sexyolori(f): 3:08pm On Jun 26, 2015
demmy0325:
.. Wel... I wonder why pple are nt talkin 'bout that crap movie... That movie is so fuckin over-rated.. Nt evn funny one bit.. It deserves to be banned...
You know one of our problems as Nigerians? we never applaud our own. There's something called constructive criticism where you criticise something albeit sensibly. 30 days in Atlanta was Ay's first attempt at producing a movie and to say it should be banned is totally UNNECESSARY.

2 Likes

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by endowednicky(f): 3:08pm On Jun 26, 2015
STEVENcrack:
Only a gay would understand that area..sorrie o.
guess you r 1 then?
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Joseosas(m): 3:08pm On Jun 26, 2015
The first time I watched the movie, your point 1 and 2 was exactly the things I told my wife. As a proper warri boy (schooled and resident in warri), ay didn't potray anything 'waffi' in that movie. probably that's why the movie isn't making wave over here in warri. you guyz should try this original warri film 'prodigal son'(teacher washigton) and compare with that of Ay.
Nevertheless, AY made it big with the movie. If there is a part 2, he should rada still with waffi originals(bovi) or come up with something better.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by MrCEO69(m): 3:09pm On Jun 26, 2015
I neva comment if a threat is past 3 pages, unless the topic is of very concern, so @ this topic, 30days in Atlanta is very much more ( if there is anything like dat ) over over hyped. Just a copy cat of osufia in London, which is way much better den these sh*it..

3 Likes

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Blackjoe45: 3:09pm On Jun 26, 2015
Teeboy15:

''''i cant watch the movie twice...

1 Like

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by 2goodbobo(m): 3:10pm On Jun 26, 2015

I agree with you on this part.

FYI: OP means "Original poster".
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by coolluk(m): 3:10pm On Jun 26, 2015
The movie was over-hyped, its just one of the worst Nigerian comedy films ever, seems the movie script was written on tissue paper

2 Likes

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Achilies(m): 3:11pm On Jun 26, 2015
When I watched the film
I almost assassinate myself.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by xcesswag(m): 3:11pm On Jun 26, 2015
Hyfr.....f.u.cki.ng whack.....so over hyped. I enjoyed d k.is.sin.g part btw A.y and dat lawyer tho
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by JurassicPark: 3:12pm On Jun 26, 2015
Hollywood will shoot that movie of 30 days in ATL under 24hrs grin

I gave out the DVD as soon as I ejected it.

And I don't even think AY made enough cash on that movie cos of piracy. But that was BIG time crap!

1 Like

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jun 26, 2015
Teeboy15:

lol this dude is stylishly working for Ay. you are not serious.
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by horexy(f): 3:13pm On Jun 26, 2015
kingthreat:

Funny? If it made you laugh, then even a mad man pissing on the road will make you laugh.

Nice one grin
Whoever finds dt movie interesting, in my own opinion, has a ridiculously low sense of humour. Dt crappy movie can't make a smart 5 year old laff sef

4 Likes

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by dean007(m): 3:13pm On Jun 26, 2015
Anybody who is disappointed decided to watch the movie with too much enthusiasm. This is Nigeria and AY us not a nollywood veteran but he tried and will only get better. Blame the director for the little pitfalls. After all that's what they are paid for.
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jun 26, 2015
Lemme smoke some shit for my little poo

We're in it

heading to Chad
For BH film

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Bbnaija: Diane Bursts Into Tears As Mercy Tells Story Of Her Family (VIDEO) / BBNaija: CeeC Becomes First Housemate In History To Trend Worldwide On Twitter / The Most Annoying Advert You Have Seen On TV?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.