Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Dangote, 6 Foreign Coys To Begin Gold, Coal Mining - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote, 6 Foreign Coys To Begin Gold, Coal Mining (21899 Views)

Nigeria To Begin Rice Exportation - Prof. Bola Okuneye / Dangote To Begin Coal Mining In November / Nigeria's Four Refineries To Begin Operation Next Month - NNPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote, 6 Foreign Coys To Begin Gold, Coal Mining by Nobody: 3:50am On Jun 26, 2015
The Nigeria Mining Cadastre Office (MCO) says that Dangote Group and six foreign companies are currently raising funds from the capital market to begin full-scale mining this year.

Mr Mohammed Amate, the Director-General of the office, in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja listed the minerals as gold, coal, iron-ore and lead/zinc.

He said it had become imperative for the Dangote Group and foreign companies to raise funds from the capital market for the mining since the projects are capital-intensive.

Amate named the foreign companies as Kogi Mines Ltd, Segilola Nig. Ltd, Mines Geotechniques Nig. Ltd, Northern Numero Resources Ltd, West African Polaris Investment Ltd as well as Tongyi allied and Mineral Services Ltd.

He said that the companies had completed their exploration exercises and delineated the deposits, while obtaining mining leases (licences) to mine gold and other minerals in the country this year.

“Indeed, according to the reports we have received, most of the companies have commenced development and this will eventually lead to actual mining.

“No financial institution will be willing to fund any mining operation until the company carries out adequate bankable feasibility studies, under Joint Ore Reserve Committee specifications recognised internationally,'' he said.

He said Kogi Mines, an Australian mining firm, would mine iron at Agbaja in Kogi, while Segilola Nig. Ltd would mine gold at the Iperindo axis of the IIesha gold schist belt in Osun.

Geotechniques Nig. Ltd and Northern Numero Resources Ltd, both Australian companies, would mine gold in Kebbi, while Dangote Group would mine coal in Kogi and Benue states.

The West African Polaris Investment Ltd, a Chinese company, would mine tin and columbite in Nasarawa state and the Tongyi allied and Mineral Services Ltd, another Chinese company, would mine lead/zinc in Wasa, Plateau state.

Amate said that the registration and payment for mineral titles online, proposed to commence in 2015, might not start as scheduled because of the delay in the release of funds.

He said that arrangements for the smooth take-off of the registration scheme had been concluded.

He said that the online registration would facilitate speedy registration of mining titles, while promoting development of the mining sector, building foreign investors' confidence and creating more jobs.
http://odili.net/news/source/2015/jun/25/12.html

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote, 6 Foreign Coys To Begin Gold, Coal Mining by enigstil(m): 3:55am On Jun 26, 2015
Now they are beginning to look elsewhere, after turning the petroleum sector upside down.I hp they make judicial use of whatever they get from it and use it to develop the country.

8 Likes

Re: Dangote, 6 Foreign Coys To Begin Gold, Coal Mining by tpiadotcom: 4:11am On Jun 26, 2015
In other news, trade bill passes key hurdle, sent to white house.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2015/06/23/senate-tpa-vote/29153833/
Re: Dangote, 6 Foreign Coys To Begin Gold, Coal Mining by dustmalik: 4:14am On Jun 26, 2015
This nation is blessed with enormous mineral/natural resources, yet we suffer. Like someone once said, "Nigerians have absolutely no business being poor". Imagine leasing Nigeria to China for ten years. They would turn this nation into one of the richest and most powerful nation in the world. I wonder when we are ever going to get it right.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote, 6 Foreign Coys To Begin Gold, Coal Mining by Bishop4bella(m): 4:17am On Jun 26, 2015
Dangote everywhere...God teach me the way forward in this world with the spirit to serve you alone as well.

The must celebrate me.

13 Likes

Re: Dangote, 6 Foreign Coys To Begin Gold, Coal Mining by Nobody: 4:28am On Jun 26, 2015
About time
Re: Dangote, 6 Foreign Coys To Begin Gold, Coal Mining by Truckpusher(m): 4:31am On Jun 26, 2015
CFCfan:
About time
About time to implement full resource control? Capital 'YES'

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote, 6 Foreign Coys To Begin Gold, Coal Mining by Nobody: 4:32am On Jun 26, 2015
Na Dangote suppose come dey mine our gold. Enh? Wetin do the govt? Foolish people gbogbo

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote, 6 Foreign Coys To Begin Gold, Coal Mining by newguy1(m): 4:37am On Jun 26, 2015
Y our government is fighting, youth busy watching them like game of throne. Dangote keeps on creating wealth for himself its then u all we b shouting na only him waka come dis world.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote, 6 Foreign Coys To Begin Gold, Coal Mining by acenazt: 4:46am On Jun 26, 2015
This would be nice. At least the petroleum and crude monopoly.
Re: Dangote, 6 Foreign Coys To Begin Gold, Coal Mining by BDSMangela(f): 5:56am On Jun 26, 2015
Solid minerals and agriculture is the way to go. Enough of this oyel BS

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote, 6 Foreign Coys To Begin Gold, Coal Mining by owobokiri(m): 6:04am On Jun 26, 2015
This country should be renamed Dangote Republic. .

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote, 6 Foreign Coys To Begin Gold, Coal Mining by Sirnokiopee(m): 6:08am On Jun 26, 2015
We will soon become a dangotegerian. The way this man Is going

4 Likes

Re: Dangote, 6 Foreign Coys To Begin Gold, Coal Mining by abu12: 6:24am On Jun 26, 2015
"while Dangote Group would mine coal in Kogi and Benue states."

Who will mine Enugu coal, since Dagote is scared of stepping his foot on ibo land?

Where are the rich ibo men to get licence and mine enugu coal mine, this is business and stop blaming Dangote.

38 Likes

Re: Dangote, 6 Foreign Coys To Begin Gold, Coal Mining by Realdeals(m): 6:29am On Jun 26, 2015
Good development, Nigeria needs to explore other revenue sources.

1 Like

Re: Dangote, 6 Foreign Coys To Begin Gold, Coal Mining by Nobody: 6:31am On Jun 26, 2015
I keep asking myself..cant an ijaw man or niger deltans who have stolen public funds rise up and also invest in mining in the southwest and northern parts of nigeria...

Cant every other business men divest into exploring solid minerals in the north just as the northerners and south westerners have explored and bled a lot of crude oil from the niger delta....

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dangote, 6 Foreign Coys To Begin Gold, Coal Mining by Nobody: 6:32am On Jun 26, 2015
abu12:

Who will mine Enugu coal, since Dagote is scared of stepping his foot on ibo land?

Where are the rich ibo men to get licence and mine enugu coal mine, this business
exactly my thoughts...why cant our own people divest and explore other opportunities...what are they hoarding the monies for??...

We would just sit back and let dangote own the whole country...whats wrong with us??..

22 Likes

Re: Dangote, 6 Foreign Coys To Begin Gold, Coal Mining by dridowu: 6:47am On Jun 26, 2015
If this comes to pass (how soon ?), then more job on the way for Nigeria graduate especially the geologist. Dangote always gunning for the top.

1 Like

Re: Dangote, 6 Foreign Coys To Begin Gold, Coal Mining by Nobody: 6:50am On Jun 26, 2015
IzonOwei:
exactly my thoughts...why cant our own people divest and explore other opportunities...what are they hoarding the monies for??...

We would just sit back and let dangote own the whole country...whats wrong with us??..

Hmmmm!!! Our people are more interested in the eggs than in the poultry......

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote, 6 Foreign Coys To Begin Gold, Coal Mining by Nobody: 6:51am On Jun 26, 2015
Dangote I repeat Dangote will soon buy Nigeria!!!!
Re: Dangote, 6 Foreign Coys To Begin Gold, Coal Mining by Magician1503(m): 6:57am On Jun 26, 2015
BDSMangela:
Solid minerals and agriculture is the way to go. Enough of this oyel BS

Your moniker is striking.
Re: Dangote, 6 Foreign Coys To Begin Gold, Coal Mining by greatiyk4u(m): 7:03am On Jun 26, 2015
Great idea
Re: Dangote, 6 Foreign Coys To Begin Gold, Coal Mining by condralbede(m): 7:18am On Jun 26, 2015
Good development.... Dangote everywhere we go.

1 Like

Re: Dangote, 6 Foreign Coys To Begin Gold, Coal Mining by QuotaSystem: 7:19am On Jun 26, 2015
Great! The country will gradually be weaned of oil and our regional economies, especially that of the North will be awakened.
Re: Dangote, 6 Foreign Coys To Begin Gold, Coal Mining by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:21am On Jun 26, 2015
keyzid:
Na Dangote suppose come dey mine our gold. Enh? Wetin do the govt? Foolish people gbogbo
Dangote and six firms, not Dangote only. Even in the petroleum and gas sector, is it the FG that explores?

1 Like

Re: Dangote, 6 Foreign Coys To Begin Gold, Coal Mining by Imokay: 7:23am On Jun 26, 2015
abu12:

Where are the rich ibo men to get licence and mine enugu coal mine, this is business and stop blaming Dangote.

Since Ibo are still shouting for Biafra and opening embassy about, most investments will shift elsewhere while waiting if they will develop sense and calm down. The unfortunate thing while waiting is most of them would have migrated to no man lands all over Nigeria where they will help the locals to develop their land like they did to Lagos.

Ibos driving investments away with Biafra agitation

33 Likes

Re: Dangote, 6 Foreign Coys To Begin Gold, Coal Mining by Arch1: 7:24am On Jun 26, 2015
Lalasticlala, Ishilove i think this news deserves to be on the FP

1 Like

Re: Dangote, 6 Foreign Coys To Begin Gold, Coal Mining by aminho(m): 7:29am On Jun 26, 2015
God bless dan gote monopoly or not
Re: Dangote, 6 Foreign Coys To Begin Gold, Coal Mining by GentleToks(m): 7:29am On Jun 26, 2015
Northerners have learnt their lessons from all the insults from Igbos.

They have started creating their own source of wealth while the prospect of oil is coming to end.

Chaiii!!! Northeners!!!!!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote, 6 Foreign Coys To Begin Gold, Coal Mining by Arch1: 7:29am On Jun 26, 2015
Osun state has one of the largest Gold deposit in Nigeria but the state remains one of the pporest in Nigeria, no thanks to the current system of government we operete which makes the issuance of mining license a prerogative of the federal government under the exclusive list.

True federalism, regionalsim and resource control is truely the way to go

10 Likes

Re: Dangote, 6 Foreign Coys To Begin Gold, Coal Mining by QuotaSystem: 7:35am On Jun 26, 2015
The north will start to carry its own weight soon enough, the conceited rants of a common criminal like Dokubo against the North for 5 years unabated thoroughly shook and re-awakened it to its distraction to oil at the cost of its respect and economic development. The first task was to get to the centre, then massively develop solid minerals and agriculture so some touts cannot look it in the eye and think of parasitism. The likely jobs it will create will create jobs for the higher and lower skilled, which will accelerate our economic development and improve security.

Ironically, the 'owners' of the oil are the ones that destroyed the industry themselves e.g Diezani, and it's the northerners that are building their solid minerals/agriculture industry themselves e.g Dangote & Anadariya.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote, 6 Foreign Coys To Begin Gold, Coal Mining by tonychristopher: 7:39am On Jun 26, 2015
Imokay:

Since Ibo are still shouting for Biafra and opening embassy about, most investments will shift elsewhere while waiting if they will develop sense and calm down. The unfortunate thing while waiting is most of them would have migrated to no man lands all over Nigeria where they will help the locals to develop their land like they did to Lagos.

Ibos driving investments away with Biafra agitation

I think igbo are keeping these resources for themselves till Nigeria breaks up...let us plunder the resources of other region and we can't allow dangote to make us wage slaves

We have to plunder and make use of other places resources for now use the money for our infrastructure

Can't you see the wise men from east are wise

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Falling Diesel Pump Price’ll Reduce Inflation, Says Dangote / Olawunmi Otedola Celebrates Her Birthday In Style / Kerosene Price To Be Slashed To N5O Per Litre - NNPC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.