Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

How To Change Domain.com/wordpress To Domain.com . - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Change Domain.com/wordpress To Domain.com . (1021 Views)

I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger / How To Get Free Domain .com .net E.t.c / How To Transfer From Wordpress To Blogger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Change Domain.com/wordpress To Domain.com . by Dafone(m): 9:06am On Jun 26, 2015
Gurus in the house, pls can someone help me on how to change my domain name from domain.com/wordpress to domain.com. Kindly expecting ur response.
Re: How To Change Domain.com/wordpress To Domain.com . by gidimasters(m): 9:19am On Jun 26, 2015
Dafone:
Gurus in the house, pls can someone help me on how to change my domain name from domain.com/wordpress to domain.com. Kindly expecting ur response.
Not Clear With Your Question..... Domain.com or .com and is it domain.com/wordpress or .
cos when i typed the addresses above in my browser, i can see www.domain.com is a domain registrar....
Re: How To Change Domain.com/wordpress To Domain.com . by Dafone(m): 10:34am On Jun 26, 2015
D domain can be anysite dat ends with .com bt /wordpress must be inserted before one can view the site.
Re: How To Change Domain.com/wordpress To Domain.com . by FincoApps(m): 10:34am On Jun 26, 2015
I suspect his whole Wordpress website is in a folder called "wordpress". So he needs to type thewebsite.com/wordpress to access it. Am I correct Dafone ?
gidimasters:
Not Clear With Your Question..... Domain.com or .com and is it domain.com/wordpress or .
cos when i typed the addresses above in my browser, i can see www.domain.com is a domain registrar....
Re: How To Change Domain.com/wordpress To Domain.com . by Dafone(m): 12:30pm On Jun 26, 2015
Yes bro. @ fincoapps pls hw can I change it?
Re: How To Change Domain.com/wordpress To Domain.com . by FincoApps(m): 1:31pm On Jun 26, 2015
Go to the wordpress folder, copy all its content, go back to the root folder and paste the contents there.
Before that, make sure you remove any index. file from your root folder.
Dafone:
Yes bro. @ fincoapps pls hw can I change it?
Re: How To Change Domain.com/wordpress To Domain.com . by Dafone(m): 2:29pm On Jun 26, 2015
FincoApps:
Go to the wordpress folder, copy all its content, go back to the root folder and paste the contents there.
Before that, make sure you remove any index. file from your root folder.
tanx bro, will try dat later tonite. Bt what if I remove d wordpress and install it again selecting the right path ?
Re: How To Change Domain.com/wordpress To Domain.com . by FincoApps(m): 6:11pm On Jun 26, 2015
If you choose to reinstall it, make sure the contents of the wordpress folder is in the root folder not in a wordpress folder.
Dafone:
tanx bro, will try dat later tonite. Bt what if I remove d wordpress and install it again selecting the right path ?
Re: How To Change Domain.com/wordpress To Domain.com . by emillionaire: 6:25pm On Jun 26, 2015
Dafone:

op since u re using just log to ur wordpress admin panel and buy a new domain name though it cost more. but i feel thats d best option for an amateur.

1 Like

Re: How To Change Domain.com/wordpress To Domain.com . by Dafone(m): 9:30pm On Jun 26, 2015
FincoApps:
If you choose to reinstall it, make sure the contents of the wordpress folder is in the root folder not in a wordpress folder.
tanx bro

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Verified Non Hosted Google Adsense Account Needed / How To Receive Payments With Your US Or UK Adsense In Nigeria / Are Nigerians Eligible For A Payooner Card?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.