Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,870 members, 7,862,911 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 08:54 AM

Billions Of Naira Lost In Marine Sector Daily - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Billions Of Naira Lost In Marine Sector Daily (433 Views)

I See Speculators Losing Billions Of Naira To New FX Policy – BDC Chief / I Can Make Billions Via Forex Without Sweat Sitting In My Palace – Emir Sanusi / What Is Devaluation Of Naira? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Billions Of Naira Lost In Marine Sector Daily by Omooba77: 12:33pm On Jun 26, 2015
The Guild of Marine Surveyors of Nigeria has said that the government should create a conducive atmosphere to reduce losses in the sector.

The President of the body, Mr. Monday Ogadina, who noted that the country was losing billions of naira daily in the marine sector, said this during a press briefing on the guild’s upcoming induction and award event which was slated for the last quarter of the year in Lagos on Wednesday.

“We need a policy document from the government that will enable local surveyors to be more involved in operations in the marine sector. This will also create jobs for Nigerians when there are surveyors at every terminal and off shore,” he said.

The president lamented that Nigerian surveyors were not actively participating in the loading of crude oil from the source, adding that there was no law stating that that a surveyor had to be on board before offloading from the ship.

According to him, the essence of the local content law is to protect the country’s assets and help its citizens benefit from it.

The body also said that to reduce losses in the sector, the government should recognise and employ local marine surveyors before considering their foreign counterparts.

Local operators, it added, should be given a good atmosphere to operate without limitation.

It also said that the government should recognise and accept local operator’s views in marine business.

The body also said the government should ensure effective supervision of operators and stakeholders in the system and join in improving education in the system and enhance its contribution to the economy.

He said the guild is the umbrella body for registered marine surveyors, cargo superintendents and maritime consultants/experts in the country.

http://www.punchng.com/business/industry/billions-of-naira-lost-in-marine-sector-daily/

cc seun lalalasticlala

This would have gone along way paying salaries
Re: Billions Of Naira Lost In Marine Sector Daily by importexpert(m): 12:37pm On Jun 26, 2015
i trust that baba will put things in shape
Re: Billions Of Naira Lost In Marine Sector Daily by lollystiver(m): 1:12pm On Jun 26, 2015
wht is this marine of a thing like sometimes I wonder if it belong to any force, seeing U.S marine on movies seriously this guy's are doing great job, buh like Nigeria marine only work on water they are not force? cus am really interested, did anyone have a link to there website or idea of where I can get there forum? pls inbox me thanks,Ola from Lagos.
Re: Billions Of Naira Lost In Marine Sector Daily by Omooba77: 1:12pm On Jun 26, 2015
importexpert:
i trust that baba will put things in shape

ok oh make baba do fast
Re: Billions Of Naira Lost In Marine Sector Daily by Omooba77: 1:14pm On Jun 26, 2015
lollystiver:
wht is this marine of a thing like sometimes I wonder if it belong to any force, seeing U.S marine on movies seriously this guy's are doing great job, buh like Nigeria marine only work on water they are not force? cus am really interested, did anyone have a link to there website or idea of where I can get there forum? pls inbox me thanks,Ola from Lagos.
if you can google Maritime Academy Oron,it will inform you more sir

(1) (Reply)

Best Business Opportunity / Lovers Of Ladies Handbages Come In Here! / LPFO For Sale!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.