Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,384 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

Is This Really Creativity? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is This Really Creativity? (744 Views)

Creativity At Its Peak: Check Out Sculpture A Nairalander Made Of Himself / Intelligence Over Creativity / List Of Careers Associated With Creativity (Creative Careers) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Really Creativity? by samcofac(m): 6:12pm On Jun 26, 2015
I'm a graduate of geology from Ekiti State University and also I've done some professional courses under safety and marine but job is not forth coming. Least I forget, I have a world class certificate in arc and pipe welding under Samsung Heavy Industries but funny enough, no job seems forth coming.

Presently I'm teaching in a mushroom school but still hustle around and never relent on searching for a white collar job.

While taking my Basic 5 pupils today, I just remember how I use cartoon to make school sandal and wear it to school when I was in secondary school. I also remember how my mate do make jest of me but I don't really care.

I just decided to do something crazy with my free time and attach with this piece is what I did and lo & behold all other teachers were amazed and asked where I learnt it from, I told them I never learn it from anywhere and they were surprised.

One co-teacher offered me his shop immediately while another said she is ready to invest in me but I turned down both offer immediately because I see it as a dirty job.

Great people in the House, can you really call this creativity? Because I'm not really moved

Re: Is This Really Creativity? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jun 26, 2015
Where is the attached piece?

Modified: To start with, I am a graduate of BFN from UNAD so it's a pleasure meeting u.

To your question, you may have more degrees than a thermometer and still don't find your dream job. You mentioned dirty job, I laugh. Do u imagine how much money these dirty jobs can fetch u? Get dirty my guy and make money. The prospect u don't see, your instant sponsors see and ready to exploit.

This is raw talent my guy, all u need more is ideas to get more creative and excellent packaging. I remember when 2 Indians came to my secondary school way back to show us how to make animal shapes from papers. In one week, 80percent of students bought the pamphlets. Marketing goes a long way too, mix it with talent and you're good to go.

Put on your thinking cap. Good luck

1 Like

Re: Is This Really Creativity? by samcofac(m): 7:28pm On Jun 26, 2015
Sir, I think I see sense in what you just said. I will work on it. Thanks brother from another mother, though of different father
Re: Is This Really Creativity? by Seunvense(m): 4:18pm On Jun 27, 2015
Banttieman has said it all...work on that, at the same time continue to hunt for job.
Re: Is This Really Creativity? by octopusfreaky(f): 2:59pm On Aug 08, 2015
Chinese make anything makeable,,,be innovative and start creatingvthings...those shoes or sandals you made are beautiful...we have dolls everywhere I'm sure who ever invented it must have seen his or her critics,,now u find doll in almost every house with kids.....we also a lady I think in south or east Africa making plastic bags from recycling wastes...

(1) (Reply)

List Of Ngos For Job In Nigeria. Non-governmental Organizations / Super Digital Technology Is Currently Recruiting / How To Never Have A Bad Day Again!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.