Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,804 members, 7,810,096 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:38 PM

Why Are Most Accounting Graduates Not Chartered - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Are Most Accounting Graduates Not Chartered (684 Views)

What Does Future Hold For Chartered Accountants? / Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership / Problem with Fresh Graduates Not Getting Job Faster – How to Fix It! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Most Accounting Graduates Not Chartered by forwardvent(m): 5:09pm On Jan 08, 2016
I am an accounting graduate and I'm yet to be a chartered accountant. Many of my classmates we graduated together are not chartered too. This is the case of thousands of accounting graduates in Nigeria.

It amazed me when I found out that 70 to 80 percent of ICAN members are not accounting graduates. Many of them had studied course that are not even related to accounting. For instance, I was an undergraduate when a Microbiology student who is also an undergraduate in same institution obtain her ICAN Certificate.

What could be the reason why many accounting graduates are not chartered and non-accounting graduates are obtaining ICAN Certificate?

Your comments will be appreciated.
Re: Why Are Most Accounting Graduates Not Chartered by abat4real37(f): 5:19pm On Jan 08, 2016
I think is because some lecturer scared student, especially the chartered
Re: Why Are Most Accounting Graduates Not Chartered by forwardvent(m): 5:30pm On Jan 08, 2016
abat4real37:
I think is because some lecturer scared student, especially the chartered
Do you mean lecturers in accounting department scare their students?
I don't think that is unusual in other departments.
Re: Why Are Most Accounting Graduates Not Chartered by osenidvdg(m): 5:57pm On Jan 08, 2016
I think it seems boring when you keep studying the same course all the time. But this is not applicable to most of Accounting graduate from Olabisi Onabanjo University as most of them has qualified before they graduate
Re: Why Are Most Accounting Graduates Not Chartered by forwardvent(m): 6:28pm On Jan 08, 2016
osenidvdg:
I think it seems boring when you keep studying the same course all the time.
You made a good point there. Studying what you've learnt over again could be boring.
Re: Why Are Most Accounting Graduates Not Chartered by Abdul4trust1(m): 9:24pm On Jan 08, 2016
I will carry out research

(1) (Reply)

100k Or 150k Job / From Security Guard To Art Director: The Story Of Udoh Saturday Emmanuel / The NIGERIA AIRFORCE 2016 /2017 Successful Candidate Names Has Been Release

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.