Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,223 members, 7,953,840 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:41 AM

Religion Is Man-made - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Is Man-made (744 Views)

I Have Started Hating God This Days, I Think Religion Is A Scam / Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religion Is Man-made by kinggenesis(m): 7:42pm On Jun 26, 2015
When people think of religion, one of the first things that pops into their minds is Catholicism. Mary is worshiped and prayed to, sins are confessed to priests, incense is burned, and the “Vatican” is this economic powerhouse adorned with gold and jewels. None of these things are even mentioned as necessary in the Bible or by "Jesus", and seeing as they are totally man-made, they cannot be seen as necessary.

Like really. Who is the pope, why is he on a thrown, why does he wear jewels, and why does he have so much money? How is this Biblical or even fair?

There is nothing wrong with sourcing wisdom from ancient
books, but keep in mind that they are JUST ancient books. If
you grew up somewhere in nature and were completely
unexposed to culture, you could very well develop a relationship with God through his revelation in nature and in your conscience. But you would never leave that forest as a Muslim, a Mormon, or a Hindu. There is nothing about meditating in a forest for 40 years in search of a relationship with the Creator that will teach you the propositions “God hates f*gs” or “Allah wants the world to become Muslim”.

You aren’t born as a religious fundamentalist, and there is no
natural experience that would cause you to become a religious fundamentalist. You are born as a soul in a body capable of connection with God. If religion acted as a catalyst for you, that’s great. If it works for you and adds value to your life (as it even has to mine to a degree), the that is also great. But it’s learned, man-made, and not necessary. In fact, most people it actually acts as a hindrance and a virus, as we will explore in the next point.

Source: Spirit Science

1 Like

Re: Religion Is Man-made by Slimzjoe(m): 7:45pm On Jun 26, 2015
Believe whatever you believe and Keep it to yourself

1 Like

Re: Religion Is Man-made by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 26, 2015
I love God and I believe what the o.p says. There are sooooo many unanswered questions as far as christianity is concerened. I'm a christian and I wanna have a one on one relationship with God,I don't want to go through anybody to get to God
Re: Religion Is Man-made by NervousErection(m): 8:46pm On Jun 26, 2015
ahsekeena:
I love God and I believe what the o.p says. There are sooooo many unanswered questions as far as christianity is concerened. I'm a christian and I wanna have a one on one relationship with God,I don't want to go through anybody to get to God

grin grin Lmao @ ur signature
Re: Religion Is Man-made by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jun 26, 2015
NervousErection:
grin grin Lmao @ ur signature

Lol...right?
Re: Religion Is Man-made by NervousErection(m): 9:16pm On Jun 26, 2015
ahsekeena:

Lol...right?

grin grin yeah

Re: Religion Is Man-made by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jun 26, 2015
NervousErection:
grin grin yeah

U even have a pic.lol
Re: Religion Is Man-made by menesheh(m): 12:33am On Jun 27, 2015
ahsekeena:

You believe the op and yet a Christian who doesn't want anybody to lead to god. Maybe you start speaking in tongue so that god will show himself to you.
Re: Religion Is Man-made by Nobody: 8:33am On Jun 27, 2015
Slimzjoe:
Believe whatever you believe and Keep it to yourself

Just Like the Christians and Muslims do.
Re: Religion Is Man-made by Nobody: 8:37am On Jun 27, 2015
Religion is for the poor. Enlightenment is for the 'wealthy'. Choose your path.

(1) (Reply)

Judgement Day Is Coming! Are You Ready? / I Testify Concert By Joepraize Live In Benin City. / Jesus Was Never Crucified

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.