Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,695 members, 7,823,954 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

I Did Not Lock Down City Of Calabar -vice Pres. Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Did Not Lock Down City Of Calabar -vice Pres. Osinbajo (1081 Views)

This Railway Project Is Close To President Buhari’s Heart- Ag. Pres. Osinbajo / Jonathan Completed, Renovated N250m Vp’s Gatehouse Contract’-ag Pres Osinbajo / GEJ Wishes Ex Vice Pres. Atiku Abubakar A Happy 70th Birthday - See Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Did Not Lock Down City Of Calabar -vice Pres. Osinbajo by phemmyutd(m): 8:55pm On Jun 26, 2015
The office of the Vice president has
released a statement denying reports
that the vice president locked down the
city of Calabar for 10 hours on Thursday
25th of June 2015. Below is a press
statement they sent it.
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo was in
Calabar and Lagos today -Thursday June
25 paying tribute to two eminent
Nigerians whose lives reflect the very
virtues of integrity, trustworthiness and
social justice, which can lift our dear
nation. The one is Late Justice P.O.E
Bassey and Dr. Christopher Kolade.
He arrived Calabar at about 10:30am
attending the Justice P.O.E Bassey
Memorial Lecture, at the University of
Calabar, and left the town about 3:30pm,
heading for Lagos where he spoke at the
Convention for Integrity 3rd Annual
Lecture.
Prof Osinbajo was well received in
Calabar witnessed by the warmth shown
him and his delegation by the people
and government of Cross River State.
Claims that the town was in a lockdown
because of his visit is just another
mischievous and baseless report from
some of the same social media quarters
that misled the nation in the past about
his purported exclusion from security
meetings. The Vice President did not
even spend ten hours in Calabar and
could not have locked down the town, as
his convoy moved freely among the
people in regular traffic as he normally
does.
I personally observed several people go
about their normal activities and
businesses without any hinderance.
www.pakurumo.com/2015/06/i-did-not-lock-down-city-of-calabar.html?m=1
Re: I Did Not Lock Down City Of Calabar -vice Pres. Osinbajo by Freciprocal: 8:55pm On Jun 26, 2015
Ok
Re: I Did Not Lock Down City Of Calabar -vice Pres. Osinbajo by temitemi1(m): 9:21pm On Jun 26, 2015
Who cares
Re: I Did Not Lock Down City Of Calabar -vice Pres. Osinbajo by doctokwus: 9:31pm On Jun 26, 2015
If PMB cannot lock down a town for 10hrs,how can the VP in a city like Calabar?
Many people are gradually getting used to the lies against the govt of PMB because they all have one criteria: they are so unrealistic u would know it was spawn by people still frustrated over the loss of their free meals from the crumbs left by politicians of the immediate past govt.
More would still come and they are expected to get more childish in their lies as the govt continues to advance the frontiers of govt and continue proving while the last govt was a curse.

2 Likes

Re: I Did Not Lock Down City Of Calabar -vice Pres. Osinbajo by oluwafemi113(m): 9:38pm On Jun 26, 2015
Am proud of you sir

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Lock Down City Of Calabar -vice Pres. Osinbajo by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jun 26, 2015
Q Q Q Q
Re: I Did Not Lock Down City Of Calabar -vice Pres. Osinbajo by KingTom(m): 10:28pm On Jun 26, 2015
Actually no, he didn't. Cars still moved about freely, they only blocked all other access routes to the University where PYO was given his lecture, in contrast to the time when the 'architect' came, the highway was blocked, Leopard town was blocked. So by comparison, Osinbanjo didn't block anywhere. cool

Please guys don't forget to vote Lekinz tomorrow as Mr. Nairaland

[size=30pt]VOTE LEKINZ FOR MR. NAIRALAND 2015[/size]
www.nairaland.com/lekinz

SAI LEKINZ cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Did Not Lock Down City Of Calabar -vice Pres. Osinbajo by sammyj: 10:54pm On Jun 26, 2015
SAI Osinbajo very soon all your enemies will soon be put to shame in Jesus name Amen !!!! cool

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Lock Down City Of Calabar -vice Pres. Osinbajo by Obijulius: 11:23pm On Jun 26, 2015
He will make it.

sammyj:
SAI Osinbajo very soon all your enemies will soon be put to shame in Jesus name Amen !!!! cool

Re: I Did Not Lock Down City Of Calabar -vice Pres. Osinbajo by sammyj: 12:15am On Jun 27, 2015
................................ grin shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Obijulius:
He will make it.

(1) (Reply)

Today In History: Operation Unicord Start Of Nigeria Civil War / Urgent Call On Nass And Buhari To Ban Full Length Hijab / Buhari Dissolves Board Of All Federal Agencies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.