Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,567 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Fantasy/fiction World No Rules, Anything Goes - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Fantasy/fiction World No Rules, Anything Goes (5297 Views)

World No 1 Voip PBX Service For Your Business | Vitel Global / Einstein: Separating Facts From Fiction / 5 Sci-fi Fantasy Weapons You Didn't Know Already Exist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fantasy/fiction World No Rules, Anything Goes by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jun 27, 2015
Freemanan:

God and man.
paradox!
Re: Fantasy/fiction World No Rules, Anything Goes by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jun 27, 2015
Teempakguy:
paradox!
Fantasy is paradoxical Mate....
I want opposites....
Re: Fantasy/fiction World No Rules, Anything Goes by Blakjewelry(m): 6:57pm On Jun 27, 2015
Freemanan:

Too much experiments and works have shown that machines Depends on man's instructions to function to it's full capacity and man is fallible hence both can't give you GOD who is perceived or believed to be perfect and Omni...
Future AI will have the ability to self learn and will not depend on man's instructions written in their base code to function, with the advent of quantum computing very soon the way we see the world will change
Re: Fantasy/fiction World No Rules, Anything Goes by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jun 27, 2015
Blakjewelry:

Future AI will have the ability to self learn and will not depend on man's instructions written in their base code to function, with the advent of quantum computing very soon the way we see the world will change
The time is far ahead Mate... and I pray I don't live to see it.
Re: Fantasy/fiction World No Rules, Anything Goes by Blakjewelry(m): 7:05pm On Jun 27, 2015
Teempakguy:
yes indeed.
Mind you, where there is a will, there is a way. Humanity will eventually find a small enough power source. I just want the finder to be a Nigerian. smiley
LOL, there is no private research body in Nigeria yet. Everybody is busy fighting for their stomach.
Re: Fantasy/fiction World No Rules, Anything Goes by Queed: 7:11pm On Jun 27, 2015
Teempakguy:
. . . . if the particles undergoing fusion are under the electroweak force wink wink

If we find a flavour of particles that do not need to overcome the coulomb barrier in order to undergo fusion, Gbam! A battery sized power source powers your whole street, grin

Example, antiparticle-particle fusion. The reaction is very smooth and takes place at room temperature. smiley

It doesn't just react and produce electricity smiley . The heat has to be converted to electricity using turbine smiley , and this process consumes quite a number of cubic meters smiley
Heat - steam - motion - electricity - your house grin

smiley
Re: Fantasy/fiction World No Rules, Anything Goes by Blakjewelry(m): 7:15pm On Jun 27, 2015
Freemanan:

The time is far ahead Mate... and I pray I don't live to see it.
LOL if there is anything that makes me which for immortality, is to see how the future will look like.
I bet it will going to be interesting, or don't want to alive when we step our feet on a distant planet outside our system
Re: Fantasy/fiction World No Rules, Anything Goes by Queed: 7:19pm On Jun 27, 2015
Would love to invent/discover or see an invention/discovery of a device/ mechine/ compound/ mixture or an element that can reverse the effect of radioactivity smiley

would like to set foot on Hiroshima without any protective suit grin
Re: Fantasy/fiction World No Rules, Anything Goes by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jun 27, 2015
Blakjewelry:

LOL if there is anything that makes me which for immortality, is to see how the future will look like.
I bet it will going to be interesting, or don't want to alive when we step our feet on a distant planet outside our system
It's a nice experience... But ceteris paribus, men will have no use in the new planet... Machines and tech will take over human relevance... It will be a new age...
THE TECHNOLOGY AGE...

SCARES the shitq outta me
Re: Fantasy/fiction World No Rules, Anything Goes by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jun 27, 2015
Queed:

It doesn't just react and produce electricity smiley . The heat has to be converted to electricity using turbine smiley , and this process consumes quite a number of cubic meters smiley
Heat - steam - motion - electricity - your house grin

smiley
lol.
It doesn't have to be always heat nah. Why produce something at room temperature and then trap only its heat?

Semiconductor junctions convert runaway photons directly into electricity without any heat. smiley
If the containing material is coated with this, we can produce a lot of power at a low temperature. You grab?
Re: Fantasy/fiction World No Rules, Anything Goes by Blakjewelry(m): 7:49pm On Jun 27, 2015
Freemanan:

It's a nice experience... But ceteris paribus, men will have no use in the new planet... Machines and tech will take over human relevance... It will be a new age...
THE TECHNOLOGY AGE...

SCARES the shitq outta me
Thats is a little bit scary sha, but if we merge man and machine then we become superior to them.
Re: Fantasy/fiction World No Rules, Anything Goes by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jun 27, 2015
Blakjewelry:

Thats is a little bit scary sha, but if we merge man and machine then we become superior to them.
Most definitely
Re: Fantasy/fiction World No Rules, Anything Goes by superfelix: 8:38pm On Jun 27, 2015
Teleportinq wil b cool... Watched Aqents Of Shield and Gordon's teleportinq skill is cool.. Thouqh he teleport wearinq a jacket.. smiley
Re: Fantasy/fiction World No Rules, Anything Goes by Blakjewelry(m): 10:18pm On Jun 27, 2015
moneyallowed:
Brain compatible memory sticks that can be plugged in/out like flash drives. So we can store stuff we want to remember later and have backup of vital info
That will be cool, it be a were wearable device like a headset, an earpiece or maybe a cap. Current work on computer-human interface and research on neurological studies work if they gear their attention toward that end
Re: Fantasy/fiction World No Rules, Anything Goes by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jun 27, 2015
VIRTUAL REALITY WORLD: imagine wearing a helmet and then boom!!! you're in a world[depending on the game you're playing], with guns and a team fighting a war, or driving a super fast car, killing peeps and buying drug. And its all so real, you even feel like you've been really shot.... Being a gamer and game developer, this would be the dream

FLOATING SUPER CARS: I think this can be achieved by magnetism, magnetic fields can suspend the cars in the air, then rocket powered engine would give super-sonic speed. Cars would have a repulse system that would stop two cars from colliding.... well i'm not a physicist, so what do i know

A CURE FOR CANCER: it just sucks when you own body turns on you, a nairalander died of cancer few days ago, and its really awoken me to do a personal research on the condition.... i have this idea of genetics modifying the DNA of humans, such that it becomes resistant to radiation and mutation that causes cancer bt i think the whites have probably thought of the same and since its not yet done, that means its easier typed than done
Re: Fantasy/fiction World No Rules, Anything Goes by Blakjewelry(m): 12:37am On Jun 28, 2015
Preboy:
VIRTUAL REALITY WORLD: imagine wearing a helmet and then boom!!! you're in a world[depending on the game you're playing], with guns and a team fighting a war, or driving a super fast car, killing peeps and buying drug. And its all so real, you even feel like you've been really shot.... Being a gamer and game developer, this would be the dream

FLOATING SUPER CARS: I think this can be achieved by magnetism, magnetic fields can suspend the cars in the air, then rocket powered engine would give super-sonic speed. Cars would have a repulse system that would stop two cars from colliding.... well i'm not a physicist, so what do i know

A CURE FOR CANCER: it just sucks when you own body turns on you, a nairalander died of cancer few days ago, and its really awoken me to do a personal research on the condition.... i have this idea of genetics modifying the DNA of humans, such that it becomes resistant to radiation and mutation that causes cancer bt i think the whites have probably thought of the same and since its not yet done, that means its easier typed than done
Firstly virtual reality might be more closer to reality right now than you know, there alot work being in place to achieve that I think in a few years from we will achieve it. My favourite place to be in a virtual world is to be among the stars probably get close to a black hole and the biggest star ever discovered uy scuti.

On floating cars magnetism wouldn't work but if we can find a way to defile gravity it will be possible. on cars avoiding collusion, future car can be embedded technology that let interact with one another i.e if your car sense you are a danger to other car? It will take precautionary measures by it self.

As for nairalander that we lost to cancer, may he/her soul rest in peace. In the future we may bind our body at the cellular level with nanonite and we will never have to worry about sickness and disease
Re: Fantasy/fiction World No Rules, Anything Goes by Nobody: 1:26am On Jun 28, 2015
Blakjewelry:

Firstly virtual reality might be more closer to reality right now than you know, there alot work being in place to achieve that I think in a few years from we will achieve it. My favourite place to be in a virtual world is to be among the stars probably get close to a black hole and the biggest star ever discovered uy scuti.
few years? you kidding me undecided.... being able to link the brain into a computer generated world would take more than half a century from now, creating such real life scenario would take more than our current crappy 3D softwares[unreal, aftereffects, source, Rage etc] can offer, 3D manipulation would need to advance.... and we are no where near simulating real life physics[i know, i develop games... or plan to anyway], And pls how the hell does a few years plan on simulating emotions, such as fear, passion, love, greed. Imagine a virtual reality world where you are close to a black hole, or being sucked into one, how does a few years of upgrades to our crappy current processors and GPUs plan on simulating the realism, physics and emotions of such event at the same time and sending it to the brain as neuron-signals

My grandkids should feel lucky cause they'd enjoy a lot bt i don't think our generation will get to experience such feat

On floating cars magnetism wouldn't work but if we can find a way to defile gravity it will be possible. on cars avoiding collusion, future car can be embedded technology that let interact with one another i.e if your car sense you are a danger to other car? It will take precautionary measures by it self.
i don't think we need to defy gravity, we just need to get the car suspended above the ground. making the under of the car a magnet, and the roads too magnets could create a magnetic field strong enough to counter the weight of the car thus even lifting it above the ground[technically defying gravity wink].... Also since cars can almost drive themselves now, i think they can be sync to avoid other cars[via GPS] and people [via radar]

still not a physicist and so i may be so wrong

As for nairalander that we lost to cancer, may he/her soul rest in peace. In the future we may bind our body at the cellular level with nanonite and we will never have to worry about sickness and disease
Nano tech huh?.... that's just brilliant, genetically engineering the human DNA could give birth to the unknown
Re: Fantasy/fiction World No Rules, Anything Goes by Blakjewelry(m): 9:31am On Jun 28, 2015
Preboy:

few years? you kidding me undecided.... being able to link the brain into a computer generated world would take more than half a century from now, creating such real life scenario would take more than our current crappy 3D softwares[unreal, aftereffects, source, Rage etc] can offer, 3D manipulation would need to advance.... and we are no where near simulating real life physics[i know, i develop games... or plan to anyway], And pls how the hell does a few years plan on simulating emotions, such as fear, passion, love, greed. Imagine a virtual reality world where you are close to a black hole, or being sucked into one, how does a few years of upgrades to our crappy current processors and GPUs plan on simulating the realism, physics and emotions of such event at the same time and sending it to the, brain as neuron-signals

My grandkids should feel lucky cause they'd enjoy a lot bt i don't think our generation will get to experience such feat
Like I said before much work has already been put in place towards that end. I have seen research result were all facial expressions like fear, anger, joy are simulated in a computer image and that was like 5 years ago.
Then on the virtual environment the best way forward is not to bring virtual environment direct to your brain via goggles rather transforming your environment to a virtual one via 3D projection.. . Now that is cool, you can gird up and pick your costumes.

i don't think we need to defy gravity, we just need to get the car suspended above the ground. making the under of the car a magnet, and the roads too magnets could create a magnetic field strong enough to counter the weight of the car thus even lifting it above the ground[technically defying gravity wink].... Also since cars can almost drive themselves now, i think they can be sync to avoid other cars[via GPS] and people [via radar]

What you are referring to is magnetic levitation. It requires very strong magnet and super conductors, the technology has already being applied in the world fastest train, but cannot be applied to cars because of things such as
High cost, it will be too bulky, high energy requirements, special roads, the cars will even slide off the road.

Nano tech huh?.... that's just brilliant, genetically engineering the human DNA could give birth to the unknown
Super human
Re: Fantasy/fiction World No Rules, Anything Goes by Blakjewelry(m): 9:38am On Jun 28, 2015
Preboy:

few years? you kidding me undecided.... being able to link the brain into a computer generated world would take more than half a century from now, creating such real life scenario would take more than our current crappy 3D softwares[unreal, aftereffects, source, Rage etc] can offer, 3D manipulation would need to advance.... and we are no where near simulating real life physics[i know, i develop games... or plan to anyway], And pls how the hell does a few years plan on simulating emotions, such as fear, passion, love, greed. Imagine a virtual reality world where you are close to a black hole, or being sucked into one, how does a few years of upgrades to our crappy current processors and GPUs plan on simulating the realism, physics and emotions of such event at the same time and sending it to the, brain as neuron-signals

Like I said before much work has already been put in place towards that end. I have seen research result were all facial expressions like fear, anger, joy are simulated in a computer image and that was like 5 years ago.
Then on the virtual environment the best way forward is not to bring virtual environment direct to your brain via goggles rather transforming your environment to a virtual one via 3D projection.. . Now that is cool, you can gird up and pick your costumes.

.:

What you are referring to is magnetic levitation. It requires very strong magnet and super conductors, the technology has already being applied in the world fastest train, but cannot be applied to cars because of things such as
High cost, it will be too bulky, high energy requirements, special roads, the cars will even slide off the road.

.:
Super human
Re: Fantasy/fiction World No Rules, Anything Goes by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jan 18, 2017
why did such a beautiful thread die
Re: Fantasy/fiction World No Rules, Anything Goes by bqlekan(m): 10:27pm On Jan 18, 2017
1. Time machine. I really want to go back in time 2. Increased life expectancy maybe 1000 years 3. Faster than light speed, also being able to control time dilation 4. Space elevator, extending to another galaxy 5. Teleporting device at every human's fingertip
Re: Fantasy/fiction World No Rules, Anything Goes by Blakjewelry(m): 8:20pm On Jan 19, 2017
SirWere:
why did such a beautiful thread die
That is how it is on nairaland
Re: Fantasy/fiction World No Rules, Anything Goes by Blakjewelry(m): 8:57pm On Jan 19, 2017
bqlekan:
1. Time machine. I really want to go back in time
2. Increased life expectancy maybe 1000 years
3. Faster than light speed, also being able to control time dilation
4. Space elevator, extending to another galaxy
5. Teleporting device at every human's fingertip
Number 1 is cool but if ends in the wrong hands will mean many things, I think mankind is not ready for that yet.
No. 2 is also cool but I think there should be a balance in nature. Just imagine this, over time human population was being controlled by war, disease, cultural practice etc. But in this generation were mega nation are formed, access to improved and advanced health care system and disease control freedom, freedom of choice etc, human population cross the 1 billion mark during the industrial revolution and and rise suddenly to above 8 billion and climbing there by sifting natures balance. Many species are dying off steadily either directly or indirectly due to our actions, now at this rate imagine man living up to a thousand years, the world will lay desolate in no time. We will get longevity when are mentally mature for it. Remember the purpose of sex is recreation of our kind and it is that urge that drives man today, when we are ready to live longer I recreation will become less imprinted in our subconscious.
The rest my dreams too and there a lot of work being put toward that end
Re: Fantasy/fiction World No Rules, Anything Goes by Nobody: 10:11am On Jan 20, 2017
Blakjewelry:

That is how it is on nairaland

1) Wifi Electricity : Tesla talked about this... I really really want to see this happen in my time. Imagine having an electric hub in say, Abuja and the only thing needed to get light in your home is to switch on the "E-wifi".....
Def worth fantasizing about.

2) A pratically unlimited storage space using...... DNA :
Been a while but I read somewhere that a simple bacteria's DNA has about 3264 GB worth of information. Imagine if we can somehow hardwipe those boring codons and reprogram it as a storage space for man. That would open a new world for information storage. Insufficent storage space would be a thing of the past.

3) Consciousness imprint : This is of course, an old sci-fi rave; transferring consciousness to a computer but I still want to see it happen.

4) Resolving the old chestnut of the origin of life......through space travel :

If there is a civilization 65 million light years away from us; they would still be seeing dinosaurs on earth ! shocked shocked shocked

Surely; if we can travel to a star about say 300 million light years, we can observe whether it all actually started in a "warm pond" or Adam was an execptionally fine sand sculpture who was breathed into angry

Man; there are so many more........

Oh; and the question that derived the answer.... 42 grin
Re: Fantasy/fiction World No Rules, Anything Goes by Nobody: 10:16am On Jan 20, 2017
*Correction : Batceria can hold A million gigabytes of data
shocked shocked
io9.gizmodo.com/5699767/bioencryption-can-store-almost-a-million-gigabytes-of-data-inside-bacteria
Re: Fantasy/fiction World No Rules, Anything Goes by bqlekan(m): 2:21pm On Jan 20, 2017
Blakjewelry:

Number 1 is cool but if ends in the wrong hands will mean many things, I think mankind is not ready for that yet.
No. 2 is also cool but I think there should be a balance in nature. Just imagine this, over time human population was being controlled by war, disease, cultural practice etc. But in this generation were mega nation are formed, access to improved and advanced health care system and disease control freedom, freedom of choice etc, human population cross the 1 billion mark during the industrial revolution and and rise suddenly to above 8 billion and climbing there by sifting natures balance. Many species are dying off steadily either directly or indirectly due to our actions, now at this rate imagine man living up to a thousand years, the world will lay desolate in no time. We will get longevity when are mentally mature for it. Remember the purpose of sex is recreation of our kind and it is that urge that drives man today, when we are ready to live longer I recreation will become less imprinted in our subconscious.
The rest my dreams too and there a lot of work being put toward that end

You are right brother, but I believe we would have made enough progress in improving the life span of earth before arriving at 1000 years life expectancy. There will be measures to curb overpopulation and adverse effect of human activities by then. What we should more concerned about is how to reduce crime. Crime rate tends to increase with advancing technology. That will be the only problem we will be facing in the future.
Re: Fantasy/fiction World No Rules, Anything Goes by bqlekan(m): 2:34pm On Jan 20, 2017
SirWere:

1) Wifi Electricity : Tesla talked about this... I really really want to see this happen in my time. Imagine having an electric hub in say, Abuja and the only thing needed to get light in your home is to switch on the "E-wifi".....
Def worth fantasizing about.

2) A pratically unlimited storage space using...... DNA :
Been a while but I read somewhere that a simple bacteria's DNA has about 3264 GB worth of information. Imagine if we can somehow hardwipe those boring codons and reprogram it as a storage space for man. That would open a new world for information storage. Insufficent storage space would be a thing of the past.

3) Consciousness imprint : This is of course, an old sci-fi rave; transferring consciousness to a computer but I still want to see it happen.

4) Resolving the old chestnut of the origin of life......through space travel :

If there is a civilization 65 million light years away from us; they would still be seeing dinosaurs on earth ! shocked shocked shocked

Surely; if we can travel to a star about say 300 million light years, we can observe whether it all actually started in a "warm pond" or Adam was an execptionally fine sand sculpture who was breathed into angry

Man; there are so many more........

Oh; and the question that derived the answer.... 42 grin

The emboldened, what question could that be? grin grin
Re: Fantasy/fiction World No Rules, Anything Goes by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jan 20, 2017
bqlekan:

The emboldened, what question could that be? grin grin
42 cool cheesy The answer to everything.
Re: Fantasy/fiction World No Rules, Anything Goes by bqlekan(m): 7:22pm On Jan 20, 2017
SirWere:
42 cool cheesy The answer to everything.
Now you have to tell me What is the question? Why is 42 an answer?
Re: Fantasy/fiction World No Rules, Anything Goes by Nobody: 1:02am On Jan 21, 2017
Wow, Its been almost 2 years. I'm surprise I still follow this thread.
anyway, lemme drop this;

Manned Space voyages: seriously i wanna tour the universe.

Super humans with super powers: We are suppose to evolve right? Can't wait to see a new generation of gifted fellows

Floating Cars moving at the speed of light, maybe even with teleportation abilities
Re: Fantasy/fiction World No Rules, Anything Goes by Nobody: 8:00am On Jan 21, 2017
bqlekan:

Now you have to tell me What is the question? Why is 42 an answer?
Ask the mice bro; they are watching; they have the answers wink.....

You need to read Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy to ahh... Be "enlightened".
Re: Fantasy/fiction World No Rules, Anything Goes by Blakjewelry(m): 1:47am On Jan 22, 2017
bqlekan:

You are right brother, but I believe we would have made enough progress in improving the life span of earth before arriving at 1000 years life expectancy. There will be measures to curb overpopulation and adverse effect of human activities by then. What we should more concerned about is how to reduce crime. Crime rate tends to increase with advancing technology. That will be the only problem we will be facing in the future.
Crime rate will only reduce when man fully become mentally mature. When man thought analysis of every action before they are carried out. In one of my quotes I said *the most peaceful society in the world is not due to their advanced security system, but due to the fact the people choose to be reasonable*

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Power Inverters! / What Will Happen If An Unstoppable Force Hits An Immovable Object / BREAKING: The World's Rarest Zebra, Tira, Spotted In Kenya (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.