Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,294 members, 7,829,674 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

Create Corruption Loopholes, Go To Jail – Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Create Corruption Loopholes, Go To Jail – Osinbajo (1121 Views)

Pay Or Go To Jail-osinbajo Gives 9 Month Deadline To Tax Evaders / Buhari’s Anti-corruption War Has Loopholes – Al-mustapha / Create Corruption Loopholes, Go To Jail – Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Create Corruption Loopholes, Go To Jail – Osinbajo by myweb(m): 4:50am On Jun 27, 2015
Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, said it is not going to be business as usual in running the affairs of the country. He stated that anyone caught creating loopholes in order to siphon public funds would face the consequences.

Osinbajo who made this known while speaking at the 3rd Annual Christopher Kolade’s lecture on business integrity in Lagos, pointed out that weak public and private institutions, corrupt practices coupled with ineffective public policies had remained the bane of economic stability in the country.

The Vice President whose address dwelt on “Beyond Compliance: Imbibing a Culture of Business Integrity,” said integrity should be an acceptable standard and aspiration of every business leader.

Osinbajo said, “The most important thing is to do things right. It is important that we comply with the rule of law. There is need to ensure that people’s rights are not trampled on. And there is need to ensure that people face the consequences for wrongful actions. That balance is necessary.

“The administration will ensure that loopholes compliance are plugged and those responsible for creating loopholes will face the consequence.”

“The greater good of the company also means the greater good of many people, their lives and families. The question is, how do we respond to the ethical dynamics of poverty and corruption when it concerns our friends, ethnic or religious groups?”

Painting a gloomy picture on the poser raised by the vice president, the Former Nigerian High Commissioner to the United Kingdom, Dr. Christopher Kolade, lamented that many Nigerians no longer stand on the side of what is right.

Kolade averred that the country was a difficult place to practise integrity because corruption was perceived as the right way of life.

“We use corruption in our conversations than we talk about integrity. Integrity should feature more in our conversations. Integrity is meant to be natural to human beings,” Kolade said.
http://leadership.ng/news/443176/create-corruption-loopholes-go-to-jail-osinbajo

Re: Create Corruption Loopholes, Go To Jail – Osinbajo by Nobody: 4:51am On Jun 27, 2015
Very laudable if only this can be followed to the letter. If not, remember Jonathan treatment, four years is almost knocking again.

In a close related development, FG set to shut down all over the counter drug (open drug market) by July 1 >>> http://www.naijablower.com/fg-to-shut-down-all-open-drug-markets-from-july-1/
Re: Create Corruption Loopholes, Go To Jail – Osinbajo by shikshark: 4:51am On Jun 27, 2015
it seems playtime is finally over, v.p is set to work
Re: Create Corruption Loopholes, Go To Jail – Osinbajo by HungerBAD: 5:00am On Jun 27, 2015
I thought Nigeria VP's were supposed to be SEEN and not HEARD?

2 Likes

Re: Create Corruption Loopholes, Go To Jail – Osinbajo by larrymoore(m): 5:18am On Jun 27, 2015
Corruption is stronger than this paper talk sir, u can't stay in Abuja and keep raking for corruption like that, trace it numerous sources, uproot it from the source,it is then u can be crown a success.
Re: Create Corruption Loopholes, Go To Jail – Osinbajo by abduljabbar4(m): 5:21am On Jun 27, 2015
HungerBAD:
I thought Nigeria VP's were supposed to be SEEN and not HEARD?
Prof. Osinbajo is different from the clueless Namadi sambo

2 Likes

Re: Create Corruption Loopholes, Go To Jail – Osinbajo by Sirnokiopee(m): 5:28am On Jun 27, 2015
That is a vp... Active n relevant ( whatch how a mere commissioner will add more value to this great country)

My commissioner VP will send some former governor to jail

1 Like

Re: Create Corruption Loopholes, Go To Jail – Osinbajo by efilefun(m): 5:28am On Jun 27, 2015
larrymoore:
Corruption is stronger than this paper talk sir, u can't stay in Abuja and keep raking for corruption like that, trace it numerous sources, uproot it from the source,it is then u can be crown a success.
A dog doesn't need to bite before you hasten your movement, once it barks you won't surely want to wait to see the next episode... At Least this a government sounding warnings to the corrupt ones and am sure something would be done not like the previous administrations that saw nothing wrong in corruption, corrupt officials were even given impunity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Create Corruption Loopholes, Go To Jail – Osinbajo by Dollyak(f): 5:28am On Jun 27, 2015
I hope he is not getting us gassed. If he can keep to his words, I can see him becoming the president of this country one day.

1 Like

Re: Create Corruption Loopholes, Go To Jail – Osinbajo by efilefun(m): 5:30am On Jun 27, 2015
Lalasticlala good morning ooo den say food don ready for sari grin grin
Re: Create Corruption Loopholes, Go To Jail – Osinbajo by hadura29(m): 5:37am On Jun 27, 2015
A commissioner in Lagos, is a governor in another state. So those calling him commissioner, I dey pity una future..

Just sit tight and watch how God will work through our President and his V.P.

#nigeriamustbegreatagain
Re: Create Corruption Loopholes, Go To Jail – Osinbajo by honourhim: 5:47am On Jun 27, 2015
Good one.
Re: Create Corruption Loopholes, Go To Jail – Osinbajo by tucky200(m): 5:50am On Jun 27, 2015
Re: Create Corruption Loopholes, Go To Jail – Osinbajo by Nobody: 6:11am On Jun 27, 2015
Now I have a VP in this country. For those calling u a mere commissioner, their families never produce head master before talkless of councillor. We know who they are sir, we call them, saTAnoids

2 Likes

Re: Create Corruption Loopholes, Go To Jail – Osinbajo by Minet16(m): 7:23am On Jun 27, 2015
While this is a good move coming from the mouth of the. V.P himself, I'll say because this kind of strategy hasn't been used before, lets give it a try. But know this, that Setting political ambushes here and there to trap corrupt siphoners, may lead to devastation, now we just have to be careful because, the trap is going to catch some people who as it stands are above the law, maybe because of how rich they are, they'll cause commotion. Also the trap is going to expose some of your very own people in your cabinet, are you also going to arrest them?? we'll see about that. Now i'll say this, Let the Law be empowered, empowered, and empowered again. Anyone who violates will have to suffer consequences, because The stronger the law, the weaker the corrupt vessels.

I wish you sucsess

#@MINET16
Re: Create Corruption Loopholes, Go To Jail – Osinbajo by ERCROSS(m): 7:31am On Jun 27, 2015
Jail... abi death sentence for anyone found guilty of some certain degree of corruption...

(1) (Reply)

Sepcat Jaguar Warplane Restoration Project / Nairaland Trying To Frustrate Biafran Cause / PHOTOS: Ooni Of Ife Palace Closed Till Further Notice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.