Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Seadogs Condemn Show Of Shame In National Assembly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seadogs Condemn Show Of Shame In National Assembly (914 Views)

Restructuring: National Association Of Seadogs Urges FG To Pay Urgent Attention / James Ocholi's Driver Dies In National Hospital,abuja / National Association Of Seadogs Petitions Inspector General Of Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seadogs Condemn Show Of Shame In National Assembly by OzMingle(m): 7:56am On Jun 27, 2015
Seadogs Condemn Show of Shame in N’Assembly

27 Jun 2015

Font Size: a / A

N’Assembly

The National Association of Seadogs, Pyrates Confraternity, has expressed deep sadness over the chaos that has engulfed both chambers of the National Assembly recently over issues bordering on sharing of principal positions in both chambers.

Condemning what they described as a 'show of shame' displayed by these members, its President Worldwide, Prince Ifeanyi Onochie, in a press statement released in Calabar on Friday, wondered if the display of immaturity coming from National Assembly members was the change Nigerians voted for.

According to Onochie “How honourable could they now be if in the discharge of their duties of making laws for the betterment of society, they start exchanging blows instead of ideas,” he pointed out that for Nigeria to move forward as a Nation, we must have the courage to distance the business of party politics from that of governance.

He called on the National Assembly members to concentrate fully on the reasons they were sent to the legislative houses, amongst which was to provide enabling laws that would guarantee quality leadership, development and nation building.

The Association urged the legislators to sheath their swords and digest the good counsel of the Speaker, Rt. Hon. Yakubu Dogara when he said: “The people of Nigeria want to hear us talk about poverty, insecurity, unemployment and as long as the house is divided and not united, we cannot achieve that. We have been down this perilous road before. I plead of us as Hon members and as leaders that all hands must be on deck to enable us achieve the desired unity that will help us move this house forward. That is the responsibility we owe.“

Seadogs consequently implored the lawmakers to use the opportunity provided by the adjournment of plenary to resolve all issues and spare Nigerians this sordid spectacle of yet again watching them turn ......

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/seadogs-condemn-show-of-shame-in-n-assembly/213203/
Re: Seadogs Condemn Show Of Shame In National Assembly by EgusiSoup: 7:58am On Jun 27, 2015
What are the Seadogs trying to told dullardhino undecided
Re: Seadogs Condemn Show Of Shame In National Assembly by natas22: 7:59am On Jun 27, 2015
Re: Seadogs Condemn Show Of Shame In National Assembly by mistabiola: 8:06am On Jun 27, 2015
The SeaDogs can keep on barking, they will soon end up in the lagoon.
Re: Seadogs Condemn Show Of Shame In National Assembly by CountDracula(m): 8:06am On Jun 27, 2015
Seadogs are meant to bark in D sea naw! What are dey doin here?
Re: Seadogs Condemn Show Of Shame In National Assembly by ahamonyeka(m): 8:13am On Jun 27, 2015
mistabiola:
The SeaDogs can keep on barking, they will soon end up in the lagoon.
they are meant to be in the lagoon,till your life time you can never equal to them you silly goat.ahoy all the way!!!
Re: Seadogs Condemn Show Of Shame In National Assembly by mistabiola: 8:19am On Jun 27, 2015
ahamonyeka:
they are meant to be in the lagoon,till your life time you can never equal to them you silly goat.ahoy all the way!!!

Guess your dad is one of those seadog I mean no disrespect. Have a nice day, son of a dog.
Re: Seadogs Condemn Show Of Shame In National Assembly by ahamonyeka(m): 8:27am On Jun 27, 2015
mistabiola:

Guess your dad is one of those seadog I mean no disrespect. Have a nice day, son of a dog.
goat like you then tomorrow you will hail soyinka for speaking grammar and you forgot he's a seadog and you will still see him as mentor.don't you see you just Escaped the four walls of a psychiatric hospital.the dogs are barking......ahoy
Re: Seadogs Condemn Show Of Shame In National Assembly by mistabiola: 8:31am On Jun 27, 2015
ahamonyeka:
goat like you then tomorrow you will hail soyinka for speaking grammar and you forgot he's a seadog and you will still see him as mentor.don't you see you just Escaped the four walls of a psychiatric hospital.the dogs are barking......ahoy

Soyinka can't be use as a barrier here, he even regretted been one of the pioneer because most SeaDogs nowadays bark like a fool just the same way you're acting now. Keep barking till you give up the ghost. Have a nice day and bark on.
Re: Seadogs Condemn Show Of Shame In National Assembly by XtraSmooth404: 8:33am On Jun 27, 2015
Abeg, how much is the membership form @SeaDogg? undecided
Re: Seadogs Condemn Show Of Shame In National Assembly by ahamonyeka(m): 8:52am On Jun 27, 2015
mistabiola:

Soyinka can't be use as a barrier here, he even regretted been one of the pioneer because most SeaDogs nowadays bark like a fool just the same way you're acting now. Keep barking till you give up the ghost. Have a nice day and bark on.
hahahahaha my friend shot your mouth for what you don't know.how regretted been a pioneer and he's still waxing stronger.you are such a fool.who told you pirates is those university fraternity you belong to? comon getout of there anuofia nwurawu.is soyinka your father's equal?go and see them having their meetings if you will see your mates or your father's mate there.I don't even know why am even replying HEDIOT like you.
Re: Seadogs Condemn Show Of Shame In National Assembly by AustineE1: 8:56am On Jun 27, 2015
Our National assembly is actually a big shame to our budding democracy.
Re: Seadogs Condemn Show Of Shame In National Assembly by AustineE1: 8:56am On Jun 27, 2015
NAS always a step ahead,always pro-active and very responsive to national issues,i thought this is what a fraternity is all about...in other climes,fraternities are meant to be watch dogs of the society because of the available human resources in their hands,they are also meant to be a leadership training institute,where the spirit of chivalry,comradeship and discipline are promoted. I guess in Nigeria seadogs has set a standard akin to what is obtainable in higher climes.
The problem with fraternities in Nigeria is actually the pseudo-fraternities,that is the later day fraternities that came up after Pyrates. They are so drawn into the battle for supremacy and hence lost focus on what fraternity shld mean in its real sense.
Kudos to NAS for putting the pressure on the national assembly,i hope NLC and other civil right groups would follow suit. lets keep the pressure on,our politicians must be answerable to the masses.
Re: Seadogs Condemn Show Of Shame In National Assembly by mistabiola: 8:58am On Jun 27, 2015
ahamonyeka:
hahahahaha my friend shot your mouth for what you don't know.how regretted been a pioneer and he's still waxing stronger.you are such a fool.who told you pirates is those university fraternity you belong to? comon getout of there anuofia nwurawu.is soyinka your father's equal?go and see them having their meetings if you will see your mates or your father's mate there.I don't even know why am even replying HEDIOT like you.

Mumu, why is he contradicting himself ,

In 1952, future- Nobel Prize winning author Wole
Soyinka and a group of six friends formed the
Pyrate Confraternity at the elite University College,
Ibadan, then part of the University of London. [1]
According to the Pyrates, the "Magnificent Seven",
as they called themselves, observed that the
university was populated with wealthy students
associated with the colonial powers and a few
poorer students striving in manner and dress to be
accepted by the more advantaged students, while
social life was dictated by tribal affiliation. [2]
Soyinka would later note that the Pyrates wanted to
differentiate themselves from "stodgy establishment
and its pretentious products in a new educational
institution different from a culture of hypocritical
and affluent middleclass, different from alienated
colonial aristocrats". [
Re: Seadogs Condemn Show Of Shame In National Assembly by AustineE1: 9:11am On Jun 27, 2015
mistabiola:

Mumu, why is he contradicting himself ,

In 1952, future- Nobel Prize winning author Wole
Soyinka and a group of six friends formed the
Pyrate Confraternity at the elite University College,
Ibadan, then part of the University of London. [1]
According to the Pyrates, the "Magnificent Seven",
as they called themselves, observed that the
university was populated with wealthy students
associated with the colonial powers and a few
poorer students striving in manner and dress to be
accepted by the more advantaged students, while
social life was dictated by tribal affiliation. [2]
Soyinka would later note that the Pyrates wanted to
differentiate themselves from "stodgy establishment
and its pretentious products in a new educational
institution different from a culture of hypocritical
and affluent middleclass, different from alienated
colonial aristocrats". [
....as time passed by,those poor students of yester-years,graduated and probably,due to their back-ground as seadogs,where well prepared for the bigger society out there and hence some became very great in their choosen profession.But what may ve distinguish them from other elites,is that inspite of their present social heights,they still use their resources to fight for the commoners,trying to create a sort of egalitarian society where the strong protects the weak.
Just may be,that explains why many Nigerian social rights crusaders are either Pyrates or seems to associate with the group.Pls,dont ask me how i got to know,google is your friend.
Re: Seadogs Condemn Show Of Shame In National Assembly by mistabiola: 9:20am On Jun 27, 2015
AustineE1:

....as time passed by,those poor students of yester-years,graduated and probably,do to their back-ground as seadogs,where well prepared for the bigger society out there and hence some became very great in their choosen profession.But what may ve distinguish them from other elites,is that inspite of their present social heights,they still use their resources to fight for the commoners,trying to create a sort of egalitarian society where the strong protects the weak.
Just may be,that explains why many Nigerian social rights crusaders are either Pyrates or seems to associate with the group.Pls,dont ask me how i got to know,google is your friend.

Is that all kontinu God is watching you. I'm waiting for that SeaDog son to come and tackle you too. He is so dry.

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Leader Arrested In Chad / Everybody Is A Stakeholder In My Mission - President Buhari / 99 Blunders Of Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.