Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,216 members, 7,829,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

9 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 9 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective (6200 Views)

6 Photos That Show Dino Melaye Is A Comedian / Idps In Sambisa Camp Live Lesser Than Goats- Doctor Shares Heartbreaking Pics / Heartbreaking Photos Of Boy Eaten By Fish After Drowning. See Where It Happened! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective by Nobody: 10:34am On Jun 27, 2015
Re: 9 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective by Elueme: 10:35am On Jun 27, 2015
I was so touched by the South Sudan child. What a world where a people are considered in such light.. The journalist had conscience but his conscience consumed him. Suicide isn't the best way out to rewrite the wrong.

2 Likes

Re: 9 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective by Evathyst(f): 10:38am On Jun 27, 2015
Really touching pics I must confess. Especially the 3 yr old Syrian.

PS; Confirm that South Sudan boy & vulture pix. I've stumbled upon that particular pics before. And what I read then was that it happened in Niger republic.
Re: 9 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective by chudidonas(m): 11:00am On Jun 27, 2015
Tolzeal:
Survivors

A 5-year-old girl holds hands with a 105-year-old womanas they are evacuated from the convention center in New Orleans.

One is beginning life while the other is already winding up

1 Like

Re: 9 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective by Beamborla(f): 11:01am On Jun 27, 2015
I'm gonna tell God everything cry cry cry

5 Likes

Re: 9 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective by stinggy(m): 11:08am On Jun 27, 2015
Tolzeal:
Mourning Dog

A devastated dog lying on the grave of his deceased owner.

embarassed

The most loyal friend you can ever have - DOG

1 Like

Re: 9 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective by Shittaakeem(m): 12:30pm On Jun 27, 2015
sad
Re: 9 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 1:06pm On Jun 27, 2015
John lenon tho.. embarassed embarassed
Re: 9 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective by churchkilo(m): 1:35pm On Jun 27, 2015
Tolzeal:
Dorothy Counts
She was one of the first black students admitted to the Harry Harding High School in Charlotte, North Carolina. Her parents made her withdraw after she received four straight days of harassment.
what a beauty
Re: 9 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective by obailala(m): 2:39pm On Jun 27, 2015
shithapuns:
ISISwww.nairaland.com/attachments/2563283_syrianboy_jpeg3d4fc0190dc5f5323336430c18b6ed11
I'm not an emotional person, but my eyes got moist when I saw this. The child must be wondering, "why is the world so wicked?... why is the heart of man so desperately wicked to his fellow man?"

2 Likes

Re: 9 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jun 27, 2015
what can i say?
Re: 9 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective by ochejoseph(m): 3:26pm On Jun 27, 2015
Op God Bless You real good

1 Like

Re: 9 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective by Tolzeal(m): 3:40pm On Jun 27, 2015
ochejoseph:
Op God Bless You real good

Thanks bro.
Re: 9 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective by june007(f): 3:46pm On Jun 27, 2015
These are really amazing
Re: 9 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective by SporaD8: 4:45pm On Jun 27, 2015
Tolzeal:
Survivors

A 5-year-old girl holds hands with a 105-year-old womanas they are evacuated from the convention center in New Orleans.
Best caption should be: "Century apart!"

1 Like

Re: 9 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective by oromankirisi(f): 6:23pm On Jun 27, 2015
This is so so heartbreaking... embarassed embarassed

Dear Lord..
Nice one OP#

Tolzeal:
Starving child with vulture

In 1993, photographer Kevin Carter won the Pulitzer Prize for taking this photo of a starving girl in South Sudan being stalked by a vulture. It was a rule for the journalists not to touch victims of the famine in order toavoid transmitting disease. Carter was so overcome with guilt that he committed suicide three months later
Re: 9 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective by southernbelle(f): 7:40pm On Jun 27, 2015
very very heart-wrenching pictures. no matter how many times one sees them, one can't help feeling sober embarassed
Re: 9 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective by widowhusband: 9:05pm On Jun 27, 2015
Evathyst:
Really touching pics I must confess. Especially the 3 yr old Syrian.

PS; Confirm that South Sudan boy & vulture pix. I've stumbled upon that particular pics before. And what I read then was that it happened in Niger republic.

Niger's abt a boy who told his brother he needed a little nap after they had trekked for long in the desert, he did not wake up, he had died just few moments from UN food aid centre where they were actually heading to for food. It was during a serious famine in their region.name sounds like Barahulak not too sure sha. Also a pathetic story
Re: 9 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective by MrOlai: 9:09pm On Jun 27, 2015
@ OP. Thanks. Very touching!

Mods, pls move this to FP.
Re: 9 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective by mrnuur(m): 10:10pm On Jun 27, 2015
Thnx Op, makes one reflect about life.
Re: 9 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective by DuBLINGreenb(m): 10:22pm On Jun 27, 2015
op you did well
Re: 9 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective by carinmom(f): 10:35pm On Jun 27, 2015
Tolzeal:

In 1993, photographer Kevin Carter won the Pulitzer Prize for taking this photo of a starving girl in South Sudan being stalked by a vulture. It was a rule for the journalists not to touch victims of the famine in order toavoid transmitting disease. Carter was so overcome with guilt that he committed suicide three months later

Sooo sad cry
Re: 9 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective by Tolzeal(m): 9:08am On Jun 28, 2015
oromankirisi:
This is so so heartbreaking... embarassed embarassed

Dear Lord..
Nice one OP#

Yea... Rellay
Thanks ma'am
Re: 9 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective by Tolzeal(m): 9:09am On Jun 28, 2015
MrOlai:
@ OP. Thanks. Very touching!

Mods, pls move this to FP.

Yes ..I think it might be cool.
Ppl would appreciate it.

cc: seun,lalasticlala,ishilove
Re: 9 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective by Tolzeal(m): 6:56pm On Jun 28, 2015
chudidonas:

One is beginning life while the other is already winding up

Yes.
105-5 = 100.⚫⚫
Re: 9 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective by MrOlai: 8:05pm On Jun 29, 2015
Tolzeal:

:-
Re: 9 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective by MrOlai: 8:18pm On Jun 29, 2015
Tolzeal:

embarassed I can't just hold back my tears...

Cc: Seun, Lalasticlala, Ishilove, pls, move this to FP.
Re: 9 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective by wordcat(m): 8:25pm On Jun 29, 2015
Tolzeal:
John Lennon with Mark David Chapman

John Lennon signing an autograph for the man who would shoot him only hours later.

Your worst enemy may be your best friend.

Imagine being murdered by someone your thought was your fan.
Re: 9 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective by Tolzeal(m): 5:47am On Jul 02, 2015
wordcat:

Your worst enemy may be your best friend.

Imagine being murdered by someone your thought was your fan.

I'm telling you bro .
Re: 9 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective by Yujin(m): 7:11am On Jul 02, 2015
obailala:

I'm not an emotional person, but my eyes got moist when I saw this. The child must be wondering, "why is the world so wicked?... why is the heart of man so desperately wicked to his fellow man?"
Exactly how some of us see this Nigeria and her supporters.
Re: 9 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective by Tolzeal(m): 12:59pm On Jul 18, 2015
Elueme:
I was so touched by the South Sudan child. What a world where a people are considered in such light.. The journalist had conscience but his conscience consumed him. Suicide isn't the best way out to rewrite the wrong.

Yea . True
Re: 9 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective by omogin(f): 1:47pm On Jul 18, 2015
Heartbreaking!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CAN Blasts El-rufai Over Alleged Comment On Jesus Christ / Anambra Retirees Threaten Hunger Strike Over Unpaid Gratuities / Olawepo-Hashim: Only National Agenda Will Solve Nigeria’s Challenges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.