Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,697 members, 7,844,292 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Awolowo Remains Nigeria's Best Politician - Pete Edochie - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awolowo Remains Nigeria's Best Politician - Pete Edochie (1185 Views)

Pete Edochie & Obiano At The Commissioning Of Stanel World In Awka (Photos) / Tinubu Is The Best Politician In The History Of Nigeria Leave It Or Take It / Qaddafi's Predictions So Far Have Been Coming True. Remains Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Awolowo Remains Nigeria's Best Politician - Pete Edochie by Emirofsambisa1: 11:41am On Jun 27, 2015
Veteran Nollywood legend Pete Edochie in a recent interview with Punch disclosed that Nigerian political legend, late Chief Obafemi Awolowo remains Nigeria’s greatest politician ever. Talking about his life and experiences in the movie industry, when asked if he would ever go into politics, he said:

I don’t like politics. Politicians don’t speak the truth. Regrettably, there is no morality in politics. It doesn’t justify it. I want people to see me for who I am. If Pete Edochie says this thing is black, it’s black, there are no two ways to it. In the next ten years, he still tells you this is black. It gives me honour, it gives me integrity. But if tomorrow, I join politics and make a statement, people will begin to analyse it.

Whereas, in the movie industry today, I am the most respected actor. All the people who are part of the movies I feature in, respect me as their father. And it gives me a lot of honour and satisfaction because I see all of them as members of my family. So, I don’t like politics. Recently, a new administration came on board in Nigeria. A lot of people have been asking me about my expectations from the new government. And my answer is very simple, ‘Nothing.’

Buhari may stand out as an incorruptible creature. But what about the people under his administration? If Nigeria can be tinkered and rebuilt after Buhari’s image, we will have a wonderful country. But when you are so stuck in-graft, so stuck in corruption, it’s not always easy to get rid of these vices in a single day. I was following the progress of the now ruling party, APC, and I told a couple of my friends that this party has no ideology.

I kept wanting to hear from them, this is what we shall do and this is how we shall do it. I didn’t see or hear anything like that. The best politician this country has ever produced is Obafemi Awolowo. He may have been parochial but I love Awolowo for one thing. He would tell you I’m going to build this house, and this is what it will cost me to carry out the project. This is how I am going to raise the fund, and he went ahead and achieved it. No other politician has been able to beat the record in Nigeria. 

http://hype9ja.com/2015/06/awolowo-is-the-best-nigerian-politician-ever-pete-edochie/

Re: Awolowo Remains Nigeria's Best Politician - Pete Edochie by Imortal001: 11:42am On Jun 27, 2015
People said alot of good things about awolowo. Now its time for me to go and read about awolowo.
GOOGLE get ready for me am coming!

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Remains Nigeria's Best Politician - Pete Edochie by Nobody: 11:43am On Jun 27, 2015
101 bottles of orijin to the man wey sabi

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Remains Nigeria's Best Politician - Pete Edochie by nerodenero: 11:46am On Jun 27, 2015
The best politician this country has ever produced is Obafemi Awolowo. He may have been parochial but I love Awolowo for one thing. He would tell you I’m going to build this house, and this is what it will cost me to carry out the project. This is how I am going to raise the fund, and he went ahead and achieved it. No other politician has been able to beat the record in Nigeria.
Well said, no more, no less.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Remains Nigeria's Best Politician - Pete Edochie by SUBMARINE: 11:47am On Jun 27, 2015
Died of suicide poisoning
Re: Awolowo Remains Nigeria's Best Politician - Pete Edochie by Emirofsambisa1: 11:48am On Jun 27, 2015
Awo's ideology was people centered. Though some will say 'Yoruba centered' but at least he had his people's interest at heart.

Cc lalasticlala
Ishilove

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Remains Nigeria's Best Politician - Pete Edochie by myweb(m): 11:49am On Jun 27, 2015
OP you killed your thread yourself by including your personal blog in this very sensitive topic. It wont see the light if the day. Edit it now and put punch jo.
Re: Awolowo Remains Nigeria's Best Politician - Pete Edochie by Nazeeboy(m): 11:50am On Jun 27, 2015
What about Tafawa Balewa and Sardauna? Meanwhile pete just dey seek for attention.
Re: Awolowo Remains Nigeria's Best Politician - Pete Edochie by nerodenero: 11:51am On Jun 27, 2015
Unfortunately, the polithiefcians we have today, all over the nation, are self-centred
Emirofsambisa1:
Awo's ideology was people centered. Though some will say 'Yoruba centered' but at least he had his people's interest at heart.

Cc lalasticlala
Ishilove
Your moniker 'Emirofsambisa1', guy, call your boys to order now grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Remains Nigeria's Best Politician - Pete Edochie by Nobody: 11:57am On Jun 27, 2015
Emirofsambisa1:

Cc lalasticlala
Ishilove
but this same people he had their interest at heart ...gave him poison to eat naa!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awolowo Remains Nigeria's Best Politician - Pete Edochie by midolian(m): 11:57am On Jun 27, 2015
Hmm..Nice 1 from an Igbo Legend. Remain blessed.

I hope those that call Awolowo traitor on this forum will learn from this.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Remains Nigeria's Best Politician - Pete Edochie by Acekidc4(m): 11:58am On Jun 27, 2015
Greatest Yoruba People;GREAT, Articulate Yoruba People;GREAT!!Everdarnomic Yoruba People;GREAT This is Airforce20 Shayo, e dia do la cus in Particularrrr, Supreme Great Yoruba's Comrades;GREAT!!

Yoruba the Greatest Tribe in the WORLD!!
Quote Me Wrongly and Die
Abuse Me Wrongly and Die
Bash Me Wrongly and Die

Cc:Seun, Ishilove, Lalasticlala
Re: Awolowo Remains Nigeria's Best Politician - Pete Edochie by Emirofsambisa1: 12:04pm On Jun 27, 2015
myweb:
OP you killed your thread yourself by including your personal blog in this very sensitive topic. It wont see the light if the day. Edit it now and put punch jo.

Bros, that's an exerpt from the interview and had major input from the blog editor. Punch was quoted but cannot be the source on Nairaland. Thanks
Re: Awolowo Remains Nigeria's Best Politician - Pete Edochie by Eshinwaju: 12:05pm On Jun 27, 2015
Baba Awo......igba Ke ji oduduwa...... wink
Re: Awolowo Remains Nigeria's Best Politician - Pete Edochie by Emirofsambisa1: 12:06pm On Jun 27, 2015
nerodenero:
Unfortunately, the polithiefcians will have today, all over the nation, are self-centred[b]Your moniker 'Emirofsambisa1', guy, call your boys to order now grin grin grin[/b]

Hahahaha, ok, I will change it to Czar of Borgu..... I'm speaking to them to take a chill pill as we speak

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Remains Nigeria's Best Politician - Pete Edochie by emerged01(m): 12:20pm On Jun 27, 2015
myweb:

it is old news.
Re: Awolowo Remains Nigeria's Best Politician - Pete Edochie by Minet16(m): 12:25pm On Jun 27, 2015
u
Re: Awolowo Remains Nigeria's Best Politician - Pete Edochie by tobtap: 12:42pm On Jun 27, 2015
awolowo was a leader that really did what he promised... the TV station in africa,first skyscraper in nigeria/west-africa,first stadium and so on and so forth...u can hate him..but dat doesn't remove from his GREAT ACHIEVEMENT....which is visible to everyone... cheers
Re: Awolowo Remains Nigeria's Best Politician - Pete Edochie by Volksfuhrer(m): 12:58pm On Jun 27, 2015
Awo: great statesman, wrong country!
Re: Awolowo Remains Nigeria's Best Politician - Pete Edochie by Segadem(m): 12:58pm On Jun 27, 2015
SUBMARINE:
Died of suicide poisoning
na your brother give am?

(1) (Reply)

We Regret Voting Buhari – South West Leaders Lament - The Trent / Gundunbali Massacre: #BringBackOurSoldiers Dead or Alive-pics / After Supreme Court Victory,Gov Wike Embarks On Inspection Of Nkpogu Bridge(Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.