Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,407 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

N1.8 Million Naira Frauded In Atm Card Of A Client - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / N1.8 Million Naira Frauded In Atm Card Of A Client (1235 Views)

Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card / “nigerians Spend N1.8 Billion Daily On Sports Betting” – Analyst / My Debit Card Is Retained In Atm Machine. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

N1.8 Million Naira Frauded In Atm Card Of A Client by talk2cash(m): 10:17am On Mar 01, 2009
Dear nairalanders
I welcome you all back to our business talk here in this room.
I have just discover something that really make me feeled sad few days ago when my client send an email to complain how he lost N1.8 million naira in his bank account with UBA.
I feeled really sad and I quickly blame myself for not telling him how to secure his bank/ATM from fraudster who sends useless email to deceive people and dupe them of their hard earn money.
I quickly rush here this morning to give you the latest way to avoid them.

What really happen?
Yes, The first day, He receive a text message in his mobile phone, that he has been using his ATM Card and that the card is not secure due to the fact that he withdraw money always with his ATM card. Therefore let him secure the ATM card immediately to avoid loss of data and information in his bank account. By asking Him to send his ATM Card No, Pin and account no. Unknowingly to him, He quickly responded by giving them the information. According him, he has N300, 000.00 and the next day he went to the bank to withdraw money, there was nothing left in his account except N5000. He went in and reported it to the manager. The manager calls the inters-witch but there was nothing they could do since he carelessly send the text to them without contacting the bank to find out.

After 3 months, He received an email which He thought it was from Inters-witch urging him to upgrade his ATM Card. He has over N1.5 million in his account. The money was for the supply of electrically instrument. He responded by clicking the link and fills the form and submitted. Went home and thank God for the day believing that all is well. Three days later he received a text massager that has N25,000 balance in his bank account. He call the bank no way, report it to inter switch no, report it to police no, all effort was in vain. The money is gone and is gone… Life starting is new.
He email he got from his email box that prompted him to respond to the email. Below…. Please after reading this post if you have similar experience kindly let us know….

Attention Card Holder,
This is to notify you that our services are being upgraded to a new, better and more secured system. You are now required to CLICK HERE and register all your DEBIT CARDS, X-CHANGE CARDS, and CASH CARDS online IMMEDIATELY so as to enable your card to work on our new servers. Only registered cards will work with the ATM machines.

Note that in order to continue using your card for ATM transactions, you MUST register your card(s) online IMMEDIATELY BY CLICKING HERE .If you do not register your ATM card(s) immediately, you will no longer be able to use your cards with the ATM machines or for ATM transactions and your card(s) will be canceled or terminated.

Adhere to this instruction on receiving this message and click here immediately to register your card. Our goal is to satisfy all our customers need.

InterSwitch Nigeria Limited
Copyright(c)2009. InterSwitch Limited. All Rights Reserved

Next time, i will show you what and what to do to avoid Scammers from soiling your ATM Card

Aniefiok Ukang(CSP,SON,CIW)
Internet Consultant
www.billgateguide..com
Re: N1.8 Million Naira Frauded In Atm Card Of A Client by talk2cash(m): 11:23am On Mar 02, 2009
Dear Take a look again.

talk2cash:

Dear nairalanders
I welcome you all back to our business talk here in this room.
I have just discover something that really make me filled sad few days ago when my client send an email to complain how he lost N1.8 million naira in his bank account with UBA.
I fill really sad and I quickly blame myself for not telling him how to secure his bank/ATM from fraudster who sends useless email to deceive people and dupe them of their hard earn money.
I quickly rush here this morning to give you the latest way to avoid them.

What really happen?
Yes, The first day, He receive a text message in his mobile phone, that he has been using his ATM Card and that the card is not secure due to the fact that he withdraw money always with his ATM card. Therefore let him secure the ATM card immediately to avoid loss of data and information in his bank account. By asking Him to send his ATM Card No, Pin and account no. Unknowingly to him, He quickly responded by giving them the information. According him, he has N300, 000.00 and the next day he went to the bank to withdraw money, there was nothing left in his accept except N5000. He went in and reported it the manager. The manager calls the inters-witch but there was nothing they could do since he careless send the text to them.

After 3 months, He received an email which He thought it was from Inters-witch urging him to upgrade his ATM Card and He has over N1.5 million in his account. The money was for the supply of electrically instrument. He responded by clicking the link and fills the form and submitted. Went home and thank God for the day believing that all is well. Three days later he received a text massager that has N25,000 balance in his bank account. He call the bank no way, report it to interswitch no, report it to police no, all effort was in vain. The money is gone and is gone… Life starting is new.
He email he got from his email box that prompted him to respond to the email. Below…. Please after reading this post if you have similar experience kindly let us know….

Attention Card Holder,
This is to notify you that our services are being upgraded to a new, better and more secured system. You are now required to CLICK HERE and register all your DEBIT CARDS, X-CHANGE CARDS, and CASH CARDS online IMMEDIATELY so as to enable your card to work on our new servers. Only registered cards will work with the ATM machines.

Note that in order to continue using your card for ATM transactions, you MUST register your card(s) online IMMEDIATELY BY CLICKING HERE .If you do not register your ATM card(s) immediately, you will no longer be able to use your cards with the ATM machines or for ATM transactions and your card(s) will be cancelled or terminated.

Adhere to this instruction on receiving this message and click here immediately to register your card. Our goal is to satisfy all our customers need.

InterSwitch Nigeria Limited
Copyright(c)2009. InterSwitch Limited. All Rights Reserved

Next time, i will show you what and what to do to avoid Scammers from soiling your ATM Card

Internet Consultant
www.billgateguide..com
Re: N1.8 Million Naira Frauded In Atm Card Of A Client by talk2cash(m): 10:56am On Mar 05, 2009
I Thanks those who visited my blogger site and send me their email including their experience with Inter-Switch Latest ATM Fraud. I hope to bring the notice to our reader this everning hope to see u here.

Internet Consultant
www.billgateguide..com
Re: N1.8 Million Naira Frauded In Atm Card Of A Client by talk2cash(m): 9:10pm On Mar 05, 2009
BEWARE OF The LATEST ATM FRAUD.
Dear Interswitch Card Holder,

During our regularly scheduled account maintenance and verification procedures with affiliated banks(below), we have detected a slight error in your account information.

This might be due to either of the following reasons:

1. A recent change in your personal information (i.e. change of address).
2. Multiple failed attempts on online shopping websites.
3. An inability to accurately verify your selected option of payment due to an internal error within our processors.

Please update and verify your information by clicking the link below:

https://webpay.interswitchng.com/webpay/

If your account information is not updated within 48 hours then your ability to access your account will become restricted.

Note: Card Number (printed on card issued by bank) and Pin are numeric. Refer to your Debit and/or Cash Cards.

Thank you for choosing, Interswitch.

* Please do not respond to this email as your reply will not be received

* Affiliated Banks (GTBank, UBA, Skybank, BankPHB, Zenith, Access Bank, Intercontinental Bank PLC, Diamond Bank, Stanbic IBTC Bank, Africa Bank PLC, Oceanic Bank, Unity Bank, Wema Bank)
Reply Forward Invite Interswitch@interswitchng.com to Gmail
Re: N1.8 Million Naira Frauded In Atm Card Of A Client by vezycash(m): 8:40pm On Jul 05, 2009
The guy is an ewu. mumu sorry no offence to be duped twice by the same guys ha ha ha,
Hope it won't happen to me oh,

(1) (Reply)

Laser Engrave Job On Stainless Steel / Metropolitan Police Corruption - Nigerian Governor's Officers Are Investigated! / Adapting Your Business In A Cashless Lagos Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.