Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,898 members, 7,828,161 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Awolowo Is Nigeria’s Best Politician Ever – Pete Edochie - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Awolowo Is Nigeria’s Best Politician Ever – Pete Edochie (544 Views)

300L Student Of Obafemi Awolowo University Is Missing / Check Out Pete Edochie Collection Of Proverbs / H.I.D AWOLOWO Is Dead. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Awolowo Is Nigeria’s Best Politician Ever – Pete Edochie by oluwdashmi(f): 6:38pm On Jun 27, 2015
Veteran actor and one of the respected characters in the Nigerian movie industry, Pete Edochie, in a recent interview ranked late sage, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, the best politician ever in Nigeria.

Edochie, in his signature beard said Awolowo in his days used to tell what was wrong and how he would fix the issue in the country, which he said the present politicians fail to do.

When asked if he aspires to delve into politic like some entertainers have done, he said…

I don’t like politics. Politicians don’t speak the truth. Regrettably, there is no morality in politics. It doesn’t justify it. I want people to see me for who I am. If Pete Edochie says this thing is black, it’s black, there are no two ways to it. In the next ten years, he still tells you this is black. It gives me honour, it gives me integrity. But if tomorrow, I join politics and make a statement, people will begin to analyse it.

Whereas, in the movie industry today, I am the most respected actor. All the people who are part of the movies I feature in, respect me as their father. And it gives me a lot of honour and satisfaction because I see all of them as members of my family. So, I don’t like politics. Recently, a new administration came on board in Nigeria. A lot of people have been asking me about my expectations from the new government. And my answer is very simple, ‘Nothing.’

Buhari may stand out as an incorruptible creature. But what about the people under his administration? If Nigeria can be tinkered and rebuilt after Buhari’s image, we will have a wonderful country. But when you are so stuck in-graft, so stuck in corruption, it’s not always easy to get rid of these vices in a single day. I was following the progress of the now ruling party, APC, and I told a couple of my friends that this party has no ideology.

I kept wanting to hear from them, this is what we shall do and this is how we shall do it. I didn’t see or hear anything like that. The best politician this country has ever produced is Obafemi Awolowo. He may have been parochial but I love Awolowo for one thing. He would tell you I’m going to build this house, and this is what it will cost me to carry out the project. This is how I am going to raise the fund, and he went ahead and achieved it. No other politician has been able to beat the record in Nigeria.

Source: http://www.nigerianheadlines.com/awolowo-is-nigerias-best-politician-ever-pete-edochie/
Re: Awolowo Is Nigeria’s Best Politician Ever – Pete Edochie by Pinocchioo(f): 6:39pm On Jun 27, 2015
ok
Re: Awolowo Is Nigeria’s Best Politician Ever – Pete Edochie by Welrez(m): 7:03pm On Jun 27, 2015
In terms of impact, I will go for Awolowo and Aminu Kano, but Azikiwe in terms of identification with Nigeria as a country.

(1) (Reply)

“get Ready To Sell Your Private Jets” – Oshiomhole Tell Owners / Man, 45 At Large After Defiling Seven Children / I Want To Make Some Friends In Africa. Please Contact This Telephone Number:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.