Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

I Respect Tinubu, I Will Meet Him Soon, Says Saraki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Respect Tinubu, I Will Meet Him Soon, Says Saraki (24628 Views)

Lai Mohammed Congratulates Anthony Joshua, FG To Invite Him Soon / Tinubu: I Cannot Rule Out Contesting For President If There Is Vacancy (Video) / Melaye To Remi Tinubu: "I Will Beat You, Impregnate You" - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Respect Tinubu, I Will Meet Him Soon, Says Saraki by Nobody: 8:38am On Jun 28, 2015
Despite rebelling against the wish of the All
Progressives Congress (APC) for Ahmad Lawan
to be senate president, Bukola Saraki says he
still holds Bola Tinubu, national leader of the
party, in high esteem.

Tinubu was himself opposed to Saraki’s bid to
lead the senate but Saraki defied the directive
of APC to align with Peoples Democratic Party
(PDP) to clinch the country’s number three
position, and both the national assembly and
the APC have known no peace since then.

But speaking to journalists in Abuja on
Saturday, Saraki admitted that he was not in
agreement with Tinubu regarding the leadership
of the assembly, but he said he had reached out
to him in the interest of the progress of the
party and the nation.

“Regards to Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; as you all
know, he is one of the leaders of the party. I
have great respect for him. We have worked
closely together before. Unfortunately, my
group did not agree with him on this issue,” he
said.

“However, we are both responsible and
committed to the project of the party and
Nigeria that we will overcome this and move
forward. It is part of our plans, as part of the
healing process, to meet with him and it will
happen soon.”

Saraki noted that out of his respect for the
party and President Muhammadu Buhari, he
dropped his presidential ambition.

He accused some unnamed individuals who
allegedly worked against Buhari’s interest of
trying to create enmity between him and the
president.

“I was the first person that stepped down his
political ambition, once General Buhari
announced that he was going to contest the
presidential election. And since then, prior to
the period of election, I worked tirelessly to
support his emergence,” he said.

“Even some of my friends who are not
supporting me now are doing so because I did
not support them in their presidential ambition
and that I supported President Buhari. That is
why I find it funny that the same people are
now claiming to love Buhari more than me. It is
a very funny world.

“These are people that I was begging to leave
the stage for Buhari to run since all of us are
young. They are now the one going round to
say that Saraki did not like Buhari but time will
tell.”

When asked if he would contest the presidential
election in 2019, Saraki dodged the question in
a diplomatic manner.

http://www.thecable.ng/saraki-respect-tinubu-will-soon-meet

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Respect Tinubu, I Will Meet Him Soon, Says Saraki by chiefololade: 8:39am On Jun 28, 2015
shocked
Re: I Respect Tinubu, I Will Meet Him Soon, Says Saraki by Nobody: 8:45am On Jun 28, 2015
We haf hear!
Re: I Respect Tinubu, I Will Meet Him Soon, Says Saraki by Nobody: 8:47am On Jun 28, 2015
So..?
How does dat help Arsenal lift Champions League Trophy?

19 Likes

Re: I Respect Tinubu, I Will Meet Him Soon, Says Saraki by papoose999(m): 8:55am On Jun 28, 2015
d poster above me thnks he is funny.........

15 Likes

Re: I Respect Tinubu, I Will Meet Him Soon, Says Saraki by tobtap: 8:57am On Jun 28, 2015
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy ....fear dey catch am

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Respect Tinubu, I Will Meet Him Soon, Says Saraki by Feranchek(m): 8:58am On Jun 28, 2015
Brb
Re: I Respect Tinubu, I Will Meet Him Soon, Says Saraki by frankyychiji(f): 9:20am On Jun 28, 2015
a very funny world.
say that Saraki did not like Buhari but time will tell.”

[/quote] The Senate President is obviously referring to Kwakwanso.

25 Likes

Re: I Respect Tinubu, I Will Meet Him Soon, Says Saraki by naxyrick: 9:23am On Jun 28, 2015
Re: I Respect Tinubu, I Will Meet Him Soon, Says Saraki by gwales: 9:23am On Jun 28, 2015
frankyychiji:
a very funny world.

The Senate President is obviously referring to Kwakwanso.
let's say he contest, would saraki be able to beat atiku talk less of kwankwaso. He can only be president of kwara republic

91 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Respect Tinubu, I Will Meet Him Soon, Says Saraki by mogentle(m): 9:28am On Jun 28, 2015
frankyychiji:
a very funny world.

The Senate President is obviously referring to Kwakwanso.
100%

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Respect Tinubu, I Will Meet Him Soon, Says Saraki by Maxymilliano(m): 9:33am On Jun 28, 2015
The crook is still expecting newspaper apology from Saraki and Dogara ...

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Respect Tinubu, I Will Meet Him Soon, Says Saraki by smsshola(m): 9:54am On Jun 28, 2015
Saraki watch ur back..

6 Likes

Re: I Respect Tinubu, I Will Meet Him Soon, Says Saraki by aderonila18: 9:56am On Jun 28, 2015
This guy is a clown, if he had run at the APC primaries I am not sure he would have beat Okorocha sef grin

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Respect Tinubu, I Will Meet Him Soon, Says Saraki by Feranchek(m): 10:03am On Jun 28, 2015
Editor1:

When asked if he would contest the presidential
election in 2019, Saraki dodged the question in
a diplomatic manner.

http://www.thecable.ng/saraki-respect-tinubu-will-soon-meet

This guy still wanna be president.... quote me in 2019

2 Likes

Re: I Respect Tinubu, I Will Meet Him Soon, Says Saraki by ApcSucks: 10:09am On Jun 28, 2015
Ok we don hear
Re: I Respect Tinubu, I Will Meet Him Soon, Says Saraki by Nobody: 10:15am On Jun 28, 2015
Who is making Saraki to believe that he can be President? He has no real following outside Kwara. He's a betrayer just like his father. He's a failure in terms of administration and like his father he will always dream to be President.

51 Likes

Re: I Respect Tinubu, I Will Meet Him Soon, Says Saraki by Wildrage: 11:28am On Jun 28, 2015
If you spend 90yrs rehearsing for madness, how many more years do you have left to fully display the malady? As a Nigerian I care less about all these intrigues for positions that adds nothing to the quality of governance. As things stands now, two months of legislative year is already wasted, that's 25b of the budgeted 150b naira needlessly flushed down the drain . For how long are we going to be detained by the bruised ego of Tinubu and other aggrieved APC leaders?

4 Likes

Re: I Respect Tinubu, I Will Meet Him Soon, Says Saraki by aare07(m): 11:33am On Jun 28, 2015
Just prostrate before him

2 Likes

Re: I Respect Tinubu, I Will Meet Him Soon, Says Saraki by funlord(m): 11:44am On Jun 28, 2015
grin BUKKY? No go attend meeting wey no get closing time oh?

2 Likes

Re: I Respect Tinubu, I Will Meet Him Soon, Says Saraki by dridowu: 11:48am On Jun 28, 2015
Still dreaming of 2019 ? He would lose even before making it public. He should just consolidate his godfatherism in Kwara or else he will fall gallantly if care is no taken

9 Likes

Re: I Respect Tinubu, I Will Meet Him Soon, Says Saraki by NewNigeriaMind: 11:52am On Jun 28, 2015
Wildrage:
If you spend 90yrs rehearsing for madness, how many more years do you have left to fully display the malady? As a Nigerian I care less about all these intrigues for positions that adds nothing to the quality of governance. As things stands now, two months of legislative year is already wasted, that's 25b of the budgeted 150b naira needlessly flushed down the drain . For how long are we going to be detained by the bruised ego of Tinubu and other aggrieved APC leaders?

In as much as I hate to educate you on this, it's not about Tinubu or buhari, it's about the other senators. The people holding Nigeria hostage are Atiku, saraki and their ilks who turned a simple party process into national calamity because if selfish ambitions

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Respect Tinubu, I Will Meet Him Soon, Says Saraki by NewNigeriaMind: 11:58am On Jun 28, 2015
Two things are involved.

1 meet with the party leaders and woo them anyhow possible. The situation is really bad, even the president that didn't want to get involved is involved. I say this with all sense of right, Buhari, Tinubu and oyegun interest is one and the same. Tinubu more than any other politician in Nigeria survival in Nigeria politics depends on the success of Buhari government. If buhari fails Tinubu fails. Saraki should be smart enough to know this and align himself with these two.

2 make a public apology to the party, look for a way to compensate lawan and his supporters and above all do what is right for the people.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Respect Tinubu, I Will Meet Him Soon, Says Saraki by ZeezaRapture(m): 12:04pm On Jun 28, 2015
Hahahaha grin grin

Another news that will give TANoids heart-ache cheesy

TANoids are like: Wtf? shocked why should Saraki say this kinda thing na....He better not go and meet with that yeye man oooo."

Hehehe grin...una never see anything!!! cheesy

Z.R

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Respect Tinubu, I Will Meet Him Soon, Says Saraki by sheymoni(m): 12:06pm On Jun 28, 2015
Saraki stepped down for buhari for presidency? Saraki has turned stand up comedian. Can saraki win the closest state to kwara not to talk of winning the 36 state. In a race that has rochas, Fashola, atiku & kwakwanso , saraki will definitely come last

17 Likes

Re: I Respect Tinubu, I Will Meet Him Soon, Says Saraki by Papasmal(m): 12:10pm On Jun 28, 2015
Mhen,u are already fulfiled as a senate president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria....even if u dnt aspire for the post of the presidency again.

All men have right to their aspiration in life even if u get by cronies as the say,.

I no gree,I no gree na I'm dey tier shirt.
Tinubu and co should pip low and embrace this change to move the nation forward.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Respect Tinubu, I Will Meet Him Soon, Says Saraki by Wildrage: 12:15pm On Jun 28, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

In as much as I hate to educate you on this, it's not about Tinubu or buhari, it's about the other senators. The people holding Nigeria hostage are Atiku, saraki and their ilks who turned a simple party process into national calamity because if selfish ambitions

Educate me? I think you overestimated you own understanding. Of What benefit is to me as a Nigerian if Lawan or Gbaja eventually becomes the SP/speaker of HOR? The constitution specifically states that the members of the national assembly, not the party , shall elect the leaders of the house amongst themselves . This presupposes that external interference is an aberration. In which other clime with stable democracy do you hear of political parties exercising an overbearing influence on the elected representatives of the people. In places like United states, you hardly ever hear about party officials, once the election period is over they recede to the background

6 Likes

Re: I Respect Tinubu, I Will Meet Him Soon, Says Saraki by akinszz: 1:14pm On Jun 28, 2015
Soro niyen...

1 Like

Re: I Respect Tinubu, I Will Meet Him Soon, Says Saraki by doctokwus: 1:28pm On Jun 28, 2015
Feranchek:

This guy still wanna be president.... quote me in 2019
Maybe president of Kwara state.
I even see him being consumed in Kwara very soon because this crisis he instigated in APC has made him increasingly unpopular and this would provide the much needed opportunity folks like governor Abdulfatah and some kwara members of d NASS have been waiting for to pullbout of his web.
This may sound a bit far fetched but people should watch out for how kwara politics plays out in the next few months;Saraki has miscalculated big time this time around.

8 Likes

Re: I Respect Tinubu, I Will Meet Him Soon, Says Saraki by bonechamberlain(m): 1:44pm On Jun 28, 2015
good.. whether you meet him or disrespect him, all Nigerians want from you guys is populist legislation and anyone who would prevent that from happening should be jailed whether its tinibu or oyegun.

1 Like

Re: I Respect Tinubu, I Will Meet Him Soon, Says Saraki by Barselonia(m): 1:44pm On Jun 28, 2015
Serious shocked Why wouldn't u respect him, the jagaban grin grin

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Ganduje: Abolish Herdsmen Movement From North To South / I’m The Only Legal Wife Of Ojukwu, Bianca Tells Court / Aisha Wakil Alkali Speaks Igbo As The Mama Boko Haram Is Interviewed By BBC Igbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.