Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,113 members, 7,821,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Is Playing Sports Bet A Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Playing Sports Bet A Sin? (443 Views)

Sex Stories: Is It A Sin To Read Them? / Is Sport Betting A Sin? / Is It A Sin To Style A Haircut? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Playing Sports Bet A Sin? by whytepawn1(m): 1:26pm On Jun 28, 2015
Good afternoon my fellow Nlanders, the issue of sports betting have in more ways than one given me a crisis of conscience as pertaining to the Christian faith. it's been quite a while since i engaged in the act but all through that period something keeps telling me that it's wrong to engage in such.. .Am throwing the question to the house because there are lots of people really grounded in the word of God that could come up with Bible reference to back up their opinions, every other person is also invited to air his/her views. Going by the trend it is safe to say that lots of youths are engaged in it.the older generation are not left out either.. sporting pools is their "game ".
Re: Is Playing Sports Bet A Sin? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jun 28, 2015
No nau
Re: Is Playing Sports Bet A Sin? by epelumi42(m): 1:41pm On Jun 28, 2015
Well, if you want a spiritual answer, it is wrong. Betting undermines your faith in Gods ability to provide for you... Betting/gambling is not faith and anything that's out of faith in the bible is a sin.

According to the society, gambling is half wrong and right depending on the result you hope to achieve but Im not sure that's what you meant.

Spiritually, it is wrong.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Hidden Bible Numbers / I Know!!! / Christians Check-out: ”11 Ways To Love”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.