Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,003 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Presidency Orders VC, Registrar To Refund Salaries’ Overpayment - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Orders VC, Registrar To Refund Salaries’ Overpayment (27010 Views)

Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC / Presidency Orders Payment Of FG Workers’ Salaries / Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Orders VC, Registrar To Refund Salaries’ Overpayment by great664(m): 12:45pm On Jun 29, 2015
ManTiger:

laffs... but i just wonder how you knew those pictures ain't coming from the paparazzi?
You have you points and opinion which i respect for the virtue of who i am.
They were not taken by Paparazzi, there was one particular one I saw when he was in West Germany, twice now in mosque during the campaign lots of them which I agree to but not now again. He should prove we doubters wrong by doing the right thing and use his Aide to avoid the media for now' he should be a silent achiever not Publicity. The masses ain't waiting for achievement in pages of newspaper, they want to see and feel it.

Am glad APC (CPC) faction are getting rid of tinubu (ACN) Buhari can't fight corruption with that man close to him or appointee by him, even if Tinubu is now clean and won't do anything, we just don't want his association in aso Rock....
Re: Presidency Orders VC, Registrar To Refund Salaries’ Overpayment by kodlins(f): 2:14pm On Jun 29, 2015
I know the VC very well. He is a man of integrity. A professor of Chemical Engineering from The Hopkins University. I doubt if is truly corrupt.
Re: Presidency Orders VC, Registrar To Refund Salaries’ Overpayment by InvertedHammer: 2:34pm On Jun 29, 2015
kodlins:
I know the VC very well. He is a man of integrity. A professor of Chemical Engineering from The Hopkins University. I doubt if is truly corrupt.
/
You mean Howard University?

Yea..that's how much you know Bolaji whose father was instrumental to giving Biafran war survivors 20 pounds each.

He is a very cruel, tribal bigot.

\
Re: Presidency Orders VC, Registrar To Refund Salaries’ Overpayment by kodlins(f): 2:43pm On Jun 29, 2015
InvertedHammer:

/
You mean Howard University?

Yea..that's how much you know Bolaji whose father was instrumental to giving Biafran war survivors 20 pounds each.

He is a very cruel, tribal bigot.

\

I stand corrected at Howard. That was a mistake. Thanks for pointing out his family line
But must children continue to suffer for the sins of their father?
Re: Presidency Orders VC, Registrar To Refund Salaries’ Overpayment by free13: 2:43pm On Jun 29, 2015
great664:
No offence man, its same way they use the media against GEJ by calling him clueless and drunkard same way we are attacking back.

The danger of creating a monster is that one day the monster will turn against his master.

when they were campaigning with hate they were teaching us to also hate and abuse them if they eventually win.

So this isn't about me. He is Dullardhino of Daura
Re: Presidency Orders VC, Registrar To Refund Salaries’ Overpayment by InvertedHammer: 2:49pm On Jun 29, 2015
kodlins:

I stand corrected at Howard. That was a mistake. Thanks for pointing out his family line
But must children continue to suffer for the sins of their father?
/
You don't know Bolaji on the level you are trying to vouch for him

Let's leave it at that.

\
Re: Presidency Orders VC, Registrar To Refund Salaries’ Overpayment by laurel500(m): 5:14pm On Jun 29, 2015
Everfrank:
How did the Presidency or Buhari come into this? Must the commission be told by the president before they do their work?
It's the commission's statutory responsibility they just carried out media must relate it to the President to sell their papers. Na wa o!

it is his administration the praise and blame is his...
Re: Presidency Orders VC, Registrar To Refund Salaries’ Overpayment by idinc(m): 7:24pm On Jun 29, 2015
And it had to b federal university of OTUOKE of all universities?
Re: Presidency Orders VC, Registrar To Refund Salaries’ Overpayment by bosunjohns(m): 7:29pm On Jun 29, 2015
Ohammadike:

The Presidency, through the National Salaries, Incomes and Wages Commission, has directed the Vice-Chancellor of the Federal University, Otuoke, Bayelsa State, Prof. Mobolaji Aluko, to refund over-payment of salaries running into millions of naira.

The Registrar of the university, David Suowari, was also directed to refund cumulatively the sum of N130,692.71 per month in excess of his due salary.

The over-payments were said to have been discovered during the commission’s visit to the institution on May 12, 2015 to carry out inspection of FUO’s remuneration practices vis-a-vis the extant government’s pay policy.

The VC and the Registrar were accused of appropriating certain allowances to themselves that were not approved by the government.

These concerns were raised in a letter from NSIWC to Aluko, signed for the Chairman of the Commission by the Director of Compensation, Chike Ogbechie.

The commission said, “The findings of the inspection in respect of your institution (Federal University, Otuoke) were as follows:

“The Vice-Chancellor was being paid total emoluments of N1,970,476.76 monthly, whereas he should not earn more than N922,810.23 if he were paid furniture allowance en bloc earlier, or N1,043,176.79 if he were being paid furniture allowance.

“Much of the difference was attributed to certain allowances which were not approved by the government.”

In the case of the Registrar, the commission said the Registrar was being paid N130,692.71 in excess of his due salary of N502,580.25.

The commission also said the university disaggregated its staff salaries, against government’s policy of pay consolidation. The NSIWC, therefore, directed the university to stop “the wrongful practices” and comply with relevant rules and rates. The commission added, “We hereby direct the Vice-Chancellor and the Registrar to refund the cumulative overpayments made to them.

http://www.punchng.com/news/presidency-orders-vc-registrar-to-refund-salaries-overpayment/
Re: Presidency Orders VC, Registrar To Refund Salaries’ Overpayment by GoodSense: 7:57pm On Jun 29, 2015
Shame!

Re: Presidency Orders VC, Registrar To Refund Salaries’ Overpayment by InvertedHammer: 10:26pm On Jun 29, 2015
GoodSense:
Shame!

Here is Bolaji's response to the saga and I quote ipsissima verba,

"On Jun 28, 2015, at 22:25, Mobolaji Aluko < alukome@gmail.com> wrote:

xxxxxxxxxxxx:

Thanks for your confidence in me, and for your logical inquiries....much appreciated.

If this news is a result of the proverbial "enemies," then no weapon formed or fashioned against me will succeed. And if those enemies come through one door, they will have to escape through seven doors.....that is what my Bible says, and I believe it! :-)

Moving on...

As to the allegation themselves, enemies or not, when questions are raised of public officials, accountability is essential. Be sure of this: they are ABSOLUTELY untrue, and there is no disaggregation of the salaries. I am not getting A SINGLE PENNY of SALARY beyond what is approved. What is being considered additional is ALLOWANCE to three of us DIASPORA VCs (Otuoke, Kashere, Wukari) all of us who are on SABBATICAL without PAY from our foreign institutions, but who yet require to do two CO-PAYMENTS of both our health insurance and our pension contributions for our families that still live abroad, and to which we intend to return after our national service stint - all things being equal. Without those allowances, which amount to almost 80% of our basic salaries, we will be left with almost no money from our local salaries, and not a single one of us would have accepted the VC job - unless they want us to steal government money!

Which we were not ready to do, and have NOT done....

In any case, we are in the fifth and final year of our VC terms - so why is it just now that some UNVERIFIED letter is purportedly being written?

Inquiring minds want to know.....

By the way, the PUNCH reporter Simon Utebor called me for clarifications about the allegation before going to press. I gave him the above information, and he promised to use it. But when the news came out in Punch, and my clarification was not included, I called him to query the omission. He too wondered why, and said he would find out and get back to me. He has not yet - but I await him. Again, this is my first volley.

In any case, this is my first volley - more to come against those proverbial enemies..!

There you have it.

Bolaji Aluko
Re: Presidency Orders VC, Registrar To Refund Salaries’ Overpayment by Evaromantik(m): 1:44am On Jun 30, 2015
Cuteboi98:
慂正渀s爮浯焀潵整愠瑵潨㵲牧慥㙴㐶瀠獯㵴㔳㜲㔲㠸䅝䍐䔠圭牡楲牯⁳汰⁳瑳灯栠灹湩⁧桴獩䐠汵慬摲楨潮漠⁦慄牵⁡䤊獴渠瑯琠敨倠敲楳敤瑮漠⁦剆⁎畢⁴桴⁥牐獥摩湥⁴景丠䥓䍗猠番瑳猠潴⁰桴⁥湵敮散獳牡⁹票数漠⁦桴⁥潃⹷ਊ•桔⁥潣浭獩楳湯愠獬慳摩琠敨甠楮敶獲瑩⹹⸮⸮컴ӎ you really need brain surgery... Eeediat!
brain surgery fi wah?
Re: Presidency Orders VC, Registrar To Refund Salaries’ Overpayment by GoodSense: 4:55am On Jun 30, 2015
Head scratching ........
Another rubbish write-up from Bolaji Aluko - very typical.
You make no sense! You are blaming phantom enemies for your plight.
Abi, you don chop de money.

RETURN THE MONEY!

1) Pension contribution is optional. 2) Which medical co-pay? Lie!

Typical language acrobatics. Overpayment of N1,000,000 every month is equivalent to $6,500 monthly - $78,000/yr

MR. LOUDMOUTH ALUKO, TELL US WHAT YOUR YEARLY PENSION CONTRIBUTION AND MEDICAL CO-PAY ARE? $78, 000 a year?

I can easily find that out with a simple call to Howard University. By the way, based on your age, your pension contributions would not exceed $19,000/year maximum, inclusive of Howard U. contributions. Furthermore, your health co-pay (insurance) would not exceed $400.00/month. Your contributions comes from your salary and is tax deductible.
There is no way both would exceed $2000/month. So, why did you collect $6,500/month in addition to your salary?

The type of lies we've been reading from typical Nigerian politicians and official crooks why they need wardrobe allowances.

You are trying to confuse home-based Nigerians that don't understand the US system.

Stop the lies! RETURN THE MONEY!
Re: Presidency Orders VC, Registrar To Refund Salaries’ Overpayment by otokx(m): 5:47am On Jun 30, 2015
This is the same lie Iweala said, using family based abroad as a smokescreen. There are enough qualified professors in Nigeria of international repute even right there in Bayelsa. Your private life is your business.

Are you also telling us that the registrars family is also foreign based? This scam has been on for so long, Oga pay back now before EFCC becomes involved.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Will Regret If Jonathan, Patience, Tompolo Are Ridiculed – Militants / Dan Anyiam Stadium Owerri Glows For Ihedioha / Court Hears Patience Jonathan’s Indecent Behaviour Against Aishat Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.