Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,856 members, 7,820,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

Obasanjo Is Full Of Mischief And Vengeance – Audu Ogbeh - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Is Full Of Mischief And Vengeance – Audu Ogbeh (892 Views)

Obasanjo Is Under A Spell – Taiwo Obasanjo / Is Buhari Dead? No, It's Evil Rumours And Clear Case Of Mischief - Presidency / Saraki Senior And Junior Screen Audu Ogbeh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Is Full Of Mischief And Vengeance – Audu Ogbeh by Realwvn(m): 5:00pm On Jun 28, 2015
A former PDP Chairman during the Obasanjo years and one of the founding members of the APC, Chief Audu Ogbeh has said working with President Obasanjo at the time was pretty difficult. He spoke to the Punch.

Ogbeh said he saved Obasanjo from impeachment but got vilified in return for his troubles.

He further said;
“I was not going to be a chairman who would sit and watch the impeachment of the first elected Southern President because I was certain that the South was going to say wait a minute, “is it that Obasanjo was that bad or that these northerners don’t want anyone else on that seat?” I think the latter sentiment would have prevailed. And I saw the consequences way beyond the anger and discontent of the members of the National Assembly who were pushing for impeachment. Thus, I pleaded with Ghali. He wasn’t happy and I am sure he had said so before to people but he respected me and the thing calmed down. That is why it is so strange to read in Obasanjo’s book (My Watch) that Atiku Abubakar, Iyorchia Ayu and I were the ones planning the impeachment and that he had a mole in our midst. It sounds preposterous, to say the least, and highly uncharitable of him.

“I respect him as a former president but he was making wild comments about things he knew nothing about. I was on his side just as I was before his re-election in 2003 when 15 governors came to me that they didn’t want him and asked me to call a meeting to ask him to step down. But I told them I would not call a meeting and he (Obasanjo) in company with (Waziri) Mohammed, the chairman of the Nigerian Railways Corporation who died in a plane crash, drove into my house here shortly after that and asked me what was going on. I told him what the governors said and advised him to appease them and he did. I stood by him and he told people including Adamu Chiroma that God and Audu Ogbeh saved him in the election of 2003. Therefore, these inconsistent statements just to smear people are highly uncharitable and hopelessly un-presidential. History can’t be re-written just because people feel bad about somebody at different times. I respect him as a highly intelligent man but he is too full of mischief and vengeance”.

Ogbeh said he’s tried to mend fences with Obasanjo in the intervening years.
“Yes, he came here and we had lunch. We have no problem (now); I didn’t see him for 10 years. I saw him after 10 years in his house during the last electioneering campaigns. I went there with General (Muhammadu) Buhari and others. We saw and greeted. I will always respect him as Nigeria’s president and an older person. I will always respect his intelligence and capacity for work. He is an absolutely incredible man when it comes to ability to work and grasp issues and deal with them. But I keep saying that the element of mischief and vengeance tends to diminish his greatness”.

He also said it was too late for the APC to expel Senate President Bukola Saraki from its fold.

“It’s too late to do that. I think dialogue is the answer and I wish to God that that dialogue had taken place much earlier. Two, calling that meeting at 9:00am when voting (for leadership positions) was happening at 10:00am was a strategic error. I didn’t know who engineered it. It was a very tragic error. Three, I think a committee should have been set up long ago to get the process of reconciliation over with. The committee not involving the party leadership but elders from the party should meet both sides in the divide within the APC and sort the matter out because the longer it lasts, the more embarrassment we get, the more the public confidence in us shakes and the more difficulties we face in governance”.

Source: http://www.naijanewsrave.com/obasanjo-is-full-of-mischief-and-vengeance-audu-ogbeh/
Re: Obasanjo Is Full Of Mischief And Vengeance – Audu Ogbeh by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jun 28, 2015
Medicine after death
Re: Obasanjo Is Full Of Mischief And Vengeance – Audu Ogbeh by donholy28(m): 5:06pm On Jun 28, 2015
since way he comot na now u realise am...but na him form EFCC
Re: Obasanjo Is Full Of Mischief And Vengeance – Audu Ogbeh by 48noble(m): 5:10pm On Jun 28, 2015
The wolves are woooo!
Re: Obasanjo Is Full Of Mischief And Vengeance – Audu Ogbeh by mofayodeyahoo: 5:14pm On Jun 28, 2015
In a sentence sir you just carve out Baba iyabo political figure/image

because i still see him jealous, or envy when he already av everything
Re: Obasanjo Is Full Of Mischief And Vengeance – Audu Ogbeh by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jun 28, 2015
thank you Mr Audu"I must talk"Ogbe for telling us the obvious
Re: Obasanjo Is Full Of Mischief And Vengeance – Audu Ogbeh by lincolnj88: 5:55pm On Jun 28, 2015
grin no oh ...embrace him
Re: Obasanjo Is Full Of Mischief And Vengeance – Audu Ogbeh by tomakint: 6:05pm On Jun 28, 2015
The truth about the vindictive Obasanjo painted in black and white!

(1) (Reply)

Special Shout-out To Linda Ikeji On The Report Of Lagos Bad Roads. / New Service Chief Appointed / Imagine The Name Of A Major General In The Nigerian Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.