Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Wizkid And Yemi Alade Loss As Stonebwoy Wins BET 2015 - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wizkid And Yemi Alade Loss As Stonebwoy Wins BET 2015 (2502 Views)

Wizkid Wins BET "Best African International Act" Award / RMD Disappointed On Hillary Clinton's Loss As He Releases Stylish Photo / Falz Wins BET Best International Act Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wizkid And Yemi Alade Loss As Stonebwoy Wins BET 2015 by onpoint22222: 8:17pm On Jun 28, 2015

Ghana’s dancehall act, Stonebwoy has won the
2015 BET Award for Best African Act at the pre-
taped ceremony, ahead of the main Awards in Los
Angeles.
Stonebwoy was nominated alongside Ghana’s
Sarkodie, alongside South Africans, AKA and T........

READ MORE + SEE TWEET BELLOW

http://amonpoint.com/2015/06/28/wizkid-and-yemi-alade-loss-as-stonebwoy-wins-best-international-act-africa-bet-awards-2015/
Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Loss As Stonebwoy Wins BET 2015 by freakthingz(m): 8:20pm On Jun 28, 2015
ah never hear of am before ohh
embarassed tongue
Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Loss As Stonebwoy Wins BET 2015 by Airforce1(m): 8:20pm On Jun 28, 2015
Wizzy pele

Better luck next time
Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Loss As Stonebwoy Wins BET 2015 by AirstarKane(f): 8:20pm On Jun 28, 2015
Awww my johnny babe not 2 worry better awards probably Grammy is on d way grin wink
Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Loss As Stonebwoy Wins BET 2015 by freakthingz(m): 8:22pm On Jun 28, 2015
AirstarKane:
Awww my johnny babe not 2 worry better awards probably Grammy is on d way grin wink

grammy ke!!! abi gramophone

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Loss As Stonebwoy Wins BET 2015 by freakthingz(m): 8:24pm On Jun 28, 2015
Airforce1:
Wizzy pele

Better luck next time

Airforce berra go and collect your own ooo
Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Loss As Stonebwoy Wins BET 2015 by Airforce1(m): 8:25pm On Jun 28, 2015
freakthingz:

Airforce berra go and collect your own ooo

I will smiley
Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Loss As Stonebwoy Wins BET 2015 by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jun 28, 2015
Gud. That's what u get for singing horsesh*t, No Recognition.

It's just like the Golden Globes awarding 30 days in atlanta "best foreign language film". It just wouldn't work.

Sorry guys next time
Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Loss As Stonebwoy Wins BET 2015 by Captainswag225(m): 8:39pm On Jun 28, 2015
wow, am soo happy for my guy. Bhim nation. Kudos to stone boy.

3 Likes

Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Loss As Stonebwoy Wins BET 2015 by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jun 28, 2015
I think all Africans should boycott BET Backstage Awards. It's very ironic that an award meant for Black people only gives the true blacks from Africa their awards at the backstage, are they monkeys? I wonder why some Nigerians just accept anything.

If I were an artiste, I would be the first to speak publicly against it, instead of accepting the 'akpanized' award! They are not even proud of the true black people. . . what a shame. That's why I prefer the MOBO!

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Loss As Stonebwoy Wins BET 2015 by Chartey(m): 10:55pm On Jun 28, 2015
nairalandist:
I think all Africans should boycott BET Backstage Awards. It's very ironic that an award meant for Black people only gives the true blacks from Africa their awards at the backstage, are they monkeys? I wonder why some Nigerians just accept anything.

If I were an artiste, I would be the first to speak publicly against it, instead of accepting the 'akpanized' award! They are not even proud of the true black people. . . what a shame. That's why I prefer the MOBO!
Abeg calm down.
Even a whole Kevin Hart received his award backstage last year or so. Its not about respect, its about making the main event as short as possible. Many awards are given at the pre-taped event and we all know for a fact our artistes are not household names in America.
These artistes have already been given first class treatment at the BETExperience and that's a big deal.
The MOBO you're shouting sef, the British organisers are always sucking up to the Americans who don't give a sh.it about it. So they need the African artistes to stay relevant.
Africa is rising steadily, that's all that matters.

Congrats Stonebwoy! You've paid your dues. You're the prince of African Dancehall and you'll succeed the king Samini. Let the noisemaker Shatta Wale watch from the sidelines. Bhim Nation to the world!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Loss As Stonebwoy Wins BET 2015 by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jun 28, 2015
Chartey:

Abeg calm down.
Even a whole Kevin Hart received his award backstage last year or so. Its not about respect, its about making the main event as short as possible. Many awards are given at the pre-taped event and we all know for a fact our artistes are not household names in America.
These artistes have already been given first class treatment at the BETExperience and that's a big deal.
The MOBO you're shouting sef, the British organisers are always sucking up to the Americans who don't give a shit about it. So they need the African artistes to stay relevant.
Africa is rising steadily, that's all that matters.

If your argument is that they're trying to keep the event as short as possible, then how many categories of awards do they give to Africans that's going to make it all lengthy all of a sudden? You and I know that Kevin Hart's case isn't in the same class as this. . . I'm just saying what I would have done. If you wanna give awards, give it in a proud way and stop acting like Africans are pre-civil or something.

I know so many Africans will see the BET invite as a step up, but the truth is this; the only reason Africans are getting the recognition is because they upped their own game, using local talents and being appreciated by local people who make them popular on a global scene. An american won't buy Wizkid's CD but Chris Brown's CD, he won't buy Tiwa Savage's CD but Beyonce's. The moment an African artiste tries to fit into the American setting, he starts going down. . . it happened to D'Banj. When he started clinching Kanye, he started singing nonsense, all in the bid to fit in. . . Now Don Jazzy is raising other local talents and he is doing better than him.

All I'm tryna say is it's better to be a lion in the jungle than to be a dog in the city. If we as black people can't show equality amongst ourselves, the white man's racism against us is justified.

3 Likes

Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Loss As Stonebwoy Wins BET 2015 by idupaul: 12:26am On Jun 29, 2015
freakthingz:
ah never hear of am before ohh embarassed tongue
He has never heard of U too

1 Like

Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Loss As Stonebwoy Wins BET 2015 by freakthingz(m): 12:30am On Jun 29, 2015
idupaul:

He has never heard of U too

Why you come vex nao?
Na play me i dey ooo
Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Loss As Stonebwoy Wins BET 2015 by idupaul: 12:33am On Jun 29, 2015
freakthingz:

Why you come vex nao? Na play me i dey ooo
Na play me sef de ooo
Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Loss As Stonebwoy Wins BET 2015 by freakthingz(m): 12:40am On Jun 29, 2015
idupaul:

Na play me sef de ooo

alright no problem then
Anyway kudos to stonebwoy abi na rock boy im try sha cool

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Loss As Stonebwoy Wins BET 2015 by nuelzy: 6:36am On Jun 29, 2015
serves wizkid right...beta luck yemi#kisses
Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Loss As Stonebwoy Wins BET 2015 by Chartey(m): 8:59am On Jun 29, 2015
nairalandist:

If your argument is that they're trying to keep the event as short as possible, then how many categories of awards do they give to Africans that's going to make it all lengthy all of a sudden? You and I know that Kevin Hart's case isn't in the same class as this. . . I'm just saying what I would have done. If you wanna give awards, give it in a proud way and stop acting like Africans are pre-civil or something.

I know so many Africans will see the BET invite as a step up, but the truth is this; the only reason Africans are getting the recognition is because they upped their own game, using local talents and being appreciated by local people who make them popular on a global scene. An american won't buy Wizkid's CD but Chris Brown's CD, he won't buy Tiwa Savage's CD but Beyonce's. The moment an African artiste tries to fit into the American setting, he starts going down. . . it happened to D'Banj. When he started clinching Kanye, he started singing nonsense, all in the bid to fit in. . . Now Don Jazzy is raising other local talents and he is doing better than him.

All I'm tryna say is it's better to be a lion in the jungle than to be a dog in the city. If we as black people can't show equality amongst ourselves, the white man's racism against us is justified.
OK
Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Loss As Stonebwoy Wins BET 2015 by petux(m): 9:03am On Jun 29, 2015
Na #Godwin
Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Loss As Stonebwoy Wins BET 2015 by Sapphire86(f): 9:35am On Jun 29, 2015
I think now Yemi Alade realizes that her 'Grammy award' is still VERY far from her. She can wake up now.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Loss As Stonebwoy Wins BET 2015 by TemmyWon(f): 2:44pm On Jun 30, 2015
. it happened to D'Banj. When he started clinching Kanye, he started singing nonsense, all in the bid to fit in. . . Now Don Jazzy is raising other local talents and he is doing better than him. Say the talk. fareal brother

(1) (Reply)

Hot!:Basketmouth And His Pretty Wife Elsie Visit Universal Studios,Orlando(pics) / Eva Carneiro, The Football Medics Celebrity (exclusive Photos) / Happy Birthday To Tom & Jerry @ 76......hips!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.