Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,385 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

What Can Be The Cause Of This? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Can Be The Cause Of This? (1998 Views)

What Could Be The Cause Of This Prob?? / Small Animals And Insects That Cause Big And Deadly Diseases / Common Foods That Cause Food Poisoning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can Be The Cause Of This? by Tnycee(m): 11:48pm On Jun 28, 2015
A friend of mine is always feeling a sharp pain in her tummy. when she visited the hospital, the doctor told her she has an STD that is affecting her appendix. the problem now is that she had been feeling this pain even before she became sexually active. Now, she has gotten medications/treatment, but it seem not to be working as she is still feeling the pain. her Family is almost giving up on her but she insists that its not an STD. and as i an typing this piece now, she is saying she is tired of her life.
Please Nairalanders, what are your advices cos i am scared of what she could do next.
Re: What Can Be The Cause Of This? by DrAify(f): 1:07am On Jun 29, 2015
Which area of the abdomen is she having this pain?

What tests were done?

Give details of the anamnesis
Re: What Can Be The Cause Of This? by Tnycee(m): 2:02am On Jun 29, 2015
she feels pain at the right side of the stomach, just beside the navel.

I will send the result info to you as a PM.

thanks
Re: What Can Be The Cause Of This? by architez: 3:43am On Jun 29, 2015
Tell her to join nairaland and ask the question herself.
Re: What Can Be The Cause Of This? by Nobody: 4:22am On Jun 29, 2015
My sister had abdominal pain like this as young a 10 yrs old and at first she was treated for stomach ulcer but it didn't help. It turned out to be ovarian cysts. She also had her appendix removed at one point from appendicitis. Maybe this can offer a starting point for examination? Im not saying she has an std but if she does get that treated asap so any other ailment wont be overshadowed by it thus making it easier to recognise. Also, sometimes one sickness causes additional problems...so dont give up until a doctor is found that can provide a solution. It may be a tiring process but hang in there.

1 Like

Re: What Can Be The Cause Of This? by Tnycee(m): 1:16pm On Jun 29, 2015
Thanks sister...but if I may ask, how was the ovarian cyst removed? Does it affect child bearing?
Hunnydropps:
My sister had abdominal pain like this as young a 10 yrs old and at first she was treated for stomach ulcer but it didn't help. It turned out to be ovarian cysts. She also had her appendix removed at one point from appendicitis. Maybe this can offer a starting point for examination? Im not saying she has an std but if she does get that treated asap so any other ailment wont be overshadowed by it thus making it easier to recognise. Also, sometimes one sickness causes additional problems...so dont give up until a doctor is found that can provide a solution. It may be a tiring process but hang in there.
Re: What Can Be The Cause Of This? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jun 29, 2015
Tnycee:
Thanks sister...but if I may ask, how was the ovarian cyst removed? Does it affect child bearing?

You're welcome, no problem. Cysts can be removed by laproscopic surgery (once inside I think they can be cut or lasered off...which method depends on severity/particular situation of the cyst). Birth control (BC) can also be used if the cysts can be managed that way..stopping ovulation so the cysts dont pop up due to ripening & release of eggs. This is what was done in my sister's case. Surgery was able to be avoided and when she was married and ready to conceive she stopped the BC and got pregnant. Also, often times after a woman has a child the cysts dont reoccur (not a guarantee though) and she will not need the BC again (for some reason pregnancy seems to potentially correct the problem). This was the case for both my younger sisters who suffered with this. They were both treated with BC until they were ready for kids, successfully conceived & delivered, had 2-3 kids each and didnt need to restart the BC afterwards. Ovarian cysts and/or the treatment can possibly affect bearing children but that all depends on the severity of the case. Most cysts are benign but some are cancerous. A good ob/gyn should be consulted to establish her overall reproductive health. Also, if surgery is recommended dont hesitate to get a second or third opinion to see if the doctors agree and to get all possible avenues for a healthy, successful & least invasive solution as possible. For instance if cysts exist and are benign with BC and surgery both being treatment options she may want to try the BC before jumping to surgery...especially if she plans to try for a baby within a few years. Uterine fibroids can also cause abdominal pains. Can I ask if her pains are constant or sporadic? Do they occur at certain times of the month perhaps during her ovulation period or menstrual cycle? Sorry if my reply is too long or my questions too personal (I never want to offend).

1 Like

Re: What Can Be The Cause Of This? by Tnycee(m): 4:31pm On Jun 29, 2015
Your response are just perfect....the pains are not always intense. when the pain is not intense, you have to press on her tummy (slightly above the navel to the right or left) before she feels the pain. at other times, she is just fine.

*Modified*

She is also complaining of a burning sensation in her lower abdomen
Hunnydropps:

You're welcome, no problem. Cysts can be removed by laproscopic surgery (once inside I think they can be cut or lasered off...which method depends on severity/particular situation of the cyst). Birth control (BC) can also be used if the cysts can be managed that way..stopping ovulation so the cysts dont pop up due to ripening & release of eggs. This is what was done in my sister's case. Surgery was able to be avoided and when she was married and ready to conceive she stopped the BC and got pregnant. Also, often times after a woman has a child the cysts dont reoccur (not a guarantee though) and she will not need the BC again (for some reason pregnancy seems to potentially correct the problem). This was the case for both my younger sisters who suffered with this. They were both treated with BC until they were ready for kids, successfully conceived & delivered, had 2-3 kids each and didnt need to restart the BC afterwards. Ovarian cysts and/or the treatment can possibly affect bearing children but that all depends on the severity of the case. Most cysts are benign but some are cancerous. A good ob/gyn should be consulted to establish her overall reproductive health. Also, if surgery is recommended dont hesitate to get a second or third opinion to see if the doctors agree and to get all possible avenues for a healthy, successful & least invasive solution as possible. For instance if cysts exist and are benign with BC and surgery both being treatment options she may want to try the BC before jumping to surgery...especially if she plans to try for a baby within a few years. Uterine fibroids can also cause abdominal pains. Can I ask if her pains are constant or sporadic? Do they occur at certain times of the month perhaps during her ovulation period or menstrual cycle? Sorry if my reply is too long or my questions too personal (I never want to offend).
Re: What Can Be The Cause Of This? by Nobody: 3:31am On Jun 30, 2015
Tnycee:
Your response are just perfect....the pains are not always intense. when the pain is not intense, you have to press on her tummy (slightly above the navel to the right or left) before she feels the pain. at other times, she is just fine.

*Modified*

She is also complaining of a burning sensation in her lower abdomen

Cant be sure without doctors confirmation but ovarian cysts are probably worth getting examined for. Check this out:
Symptoms
Often ovarian cysts are not noticed until a pelvic examination is performed by the doctor or by an ultrasound scan. This is why it is so important to go for your annual PAP test because doctors perform a pelvic exam at the same time. For those with symptoms, the most obvious symptom is pain, either tenderness to the touch or a constant sore or burning sensation in the abdomen, located in the lower abdomen off to the right or left. Pain may occur during ovulation or intercourse. If a cyst erupts in the pelvic cavity, blood and fluid will discharge, possibly causing pain.
Re: What Can Be The Cause Of This? by Tnycee(m): 9:13am On Jun 30, 2015
I appreciate your timely responses.....We met a doctor yesterday and he looked at the scan result and said its "appendicitis". But i'm just being skeptical of his analysis. Dont wanna spend money treating what is not a problem. we hope to meet him later this week.

Hunnydropps:

Cant be sure without doctors confirmation but ovarian cysts are probably worth getting examined for. Check this out:
Symptoms
Often ovarian cysts are not noticed until a pelvic examination is performed by the doctor or by an ultrasound scan. This is why it is so important to go for your annual PAP test because doctors perform a pelvic exam at the same time. For those with symptoms, the most obvious symptom is pain, either tenderness to the touch or a constant sore or burning sensation in the abdomen, located in the lower abdomen off to the right or left. Pain may occur during ovulation or intercourse. If a cyst erupts in the pelvic cavity, blood and fluid will discharge, possibly causing pain. 
Re: What Can Be The Cause Of This? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jun 30, 2015
Tnycee:
I appreciate your timely responses.....We met a doctor yesterday and he looked at the scan result and said its "appendicitis". But i'm just being skeptical of his analysis. Dont wanna spend money treating what is not a problem. we hope to meet him later this week.

It could very well be appendicitis which is something u wont wanna play with. It can improve or seem to go away all together only to return much worse and possibly life threatening. Im sure there must be some type of blood work that can be done to look for levels of indication for infection, inflammation, etc that will support the doctors diagnosis according to the scan and office exam. If it is appendicitis treating it could solve everything or at least allow you to cross one issue off the list so others can be taken care of. I really hope she feels better and is well soon.
Re: What Can Be The Cause Of This? by jumolad87: 7:36pm On Jun 30, 2015
This is to inform you that We have the following products at very affordable prices & 100% guaranteed to work :
Gufei bao for infections, candidiasis, fibroid without operation, blocked tubes & all gynaecological problems. Ares for elimination of low sperm count, prostrate cancer, increase sexual feeling, corrects sexual dysfunction.
Blood cleanser capsule for hypertension
. Ganoderma capsule for brain, stroke & anti aging.
Sanqing Oral Liquid for detoxification &intestinal cleansing
Fohow wonderpaste for mouth odour, tooth ache, tooth decay, bleeding gum,hole in the gum.
.Six Flavor Tea to reduce blood pressure, body fat.
Garlic for anti bacterial, infections,immune-boosting
Danshen for heavy menstrual bleeding.
Sanbao Oral Liquid for rheumatism,high-blood sugar
Oral liquid for leukemia and liver cancer
They are not supplements, they are registered as curative products
We also offer natural therapy for the following health challenges:
-Pile
-Stroke
-Fibroid(without op)
-Hypertension
-Ovarian cyst
-Blocked tubes
....& other health related challenges.
Call/text 08133354624 ,whatsapp 08065664979,BB pin 3337A8CA

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19 Update For January 23 2022 In Nigeria / SHOCKING!! See How Woman's Butt Implants Exploded.Viewer's Discretion Is Advised / Prevention Of Maternal Mortality; The Roles Of Midwives,government And The Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.