Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,353 members, 7,954,413 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:32 PM

Stripped Of “first Lady” Title, Buhari’s Wife Stubbornly Seeks Influence - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stripped Of “first Lady” Title, Buhari’s Wife Stubbornly Seeks Influence (42445 Views)

Halliburton: Fayose Justifies Claim Of Buhari Wife’s Involvement! Pictures / Stripped Of ''first Lady'' Title, Buhari.'s Wife Stubbornly Seeks Influence. / Buhari’s Wife Stubbornly Seeks Influence Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stripped Of “first Lady” Title, Buhari’s Wife Stubbornly Seeks Influence by notoriousbabe: 10:15am On Jun 29, 2015
Two Ps are very importantt in a woman's life,"POWER and PREEK" remove any of dem from her and she will use everything she has to fight you. This is one fight PMB cannot win,quote me.
Re: Stripped Of “first Lady” Title, Buhari’s Wife Stubbornly Seeks Influence by Joromi1: 10:16am On Jun 29, 2015
Women and power
Re: Stripped Of “first Lady” Title, Buhari’s Wife Stubbornly Seeks Influence by mrBLAYD(m): 10:18am On Jun 29, 2015
I think there is nothing or no form of threat to buhari's government just because his wife moves to aso rock with her friends before buhari moreover anyhow it goes she must definitely move there,the woman is not what u think but she is a very civilized person Nd u know what that means, I thought u wanna say she reacted to why buhari ordered for her brother's arrest, she is only doing her Own things as a happy woman ............
Re: Stripped Of “first Lady” Title, Buhari’s Wife Stubbornly Seeks Influence by Wildrage: 10:21am On Jun 29, 2015
Abugab:

There is a thread on the story on Nairaland, read it and find out the outcome eventually if it is good or bad. Should we allow criminality all in the name of law? You should know how journalists play with words just because of their sensational journalism.
Read the full article and that will help.

My brother, I read the story and also know it's nothing but fictional journalism so my response should be viewed as hypothetical. Law and morality are not synonymous, what's morally right may be legally wrong, the outcome of an act does not always justify the means however altruistic the motive. If we excuse an infraction because it achieved a desired objective then we are unwittingly sanctioning autocratic impunity that may turnaround to bite us in the face if the same means is deplored for sinister motive

1 Like

Re: Stripped Of “first Lady” Title, Buhari’s Wife Stubbornly Seeks Influence by boujaye: 10:25am On Jun 29, 2015
Buhari should deflate that dictatorial muscles and let Aisha be herself. \enough of the hypocrisy game.
Re: Stripped Of “first Lady” Title, Buhari’s Wife Stubbornly Seeks Influence by Spybradd: 10:27am On Jun 29, 2015
Pangea:
Aisha!
No let your husband catch you o!
The Cartier watch matter still dey hot o!

You don't want to enter record as the first wife of a president to be divorced in the middle of the presidency o!
how'bout winnie mandela?
Re: Stripped Of “first Lady” Title, Buhari’s Wife Stubbornly Seeks Influence by nunzk: 10:27am On Jun 29, 2015
I guess they gave dame goodluck. Women r natural politicians so xcept oga puts her on house arrest, monitors her calls n stops visits power merchants will seek her out.
modskiller:
Inec gave the certificate of return to Buhari and Osinbajo not Aisha
Re: Stripped Of “first Lady” Title, Buhari’s Wife Stubbornly Seeks Influence by Guk: 10:29am On Jun 29, 2015
stinggy:

Since I read their #510K story on Saraki too, all the respect I have had for them vanished undecided

But is the story Fake or Real?? The Police and court documents, were they Fake or Real?? People need to be able to seperate emotions from Reality. It is and will always be on record that the Saraki's plundered Societe Generale Bank. Cases abound in court and even EFCC about their roles.

I believe SH is only bringing these out now to confirm Saraki's character and ask you & I, if we expect anything good from someone questionable character?

As for the political shenanigans going on at the National Assembly, none of them is beneficial to us but rather is to make us the people worse off. If anyone in his right mind thinks those political office holders will reduce their pay, you are in dreamland.
Re: Stripped Of “first Lady” Title, Buhari’s Wife Stubbornly Seeks Influence by Moheat(m): 10:35am On Jun 29, 2015
modath:

Unlike one power drunk woman married to a weak man, Aisha's husband will ensure she stays where she belongs.. The only other face on the campaign poster was PYO & that's how Nigerians expect things to be...

Don't know just jump to comment, read the post again. Her overbearing influence is becoming a source of grave concern to the president. To show you her extent of desperation, she brought in three powereful women.
Re: Stripped Of “first Lady” Title, Buhari’s Wife Stubbornly Seeks Influence by JakesJ(m): 10:35am On Jun 29, 2015
Wildrage:
The only part of the tale that's of interest to me is where they alleged that the president ordered the arrest of his in-law for extortion. Where does he derive the power to order the arrest of any Nigerian? He can order an investigation, free from his influence, of any alleged crime but to order an arrest is beyond his constitutional powers
GBAM! Gbam!! Gbam!!! GBAM!!!!! Guy No Be Lie, Ur Ma'le Truely Dash U Enough Good Sense* Carry Go Joooooo........ I De Wit U Ghidigbam +++
Re: Stripped Of “first Lady” Title, Buhari’s Wife Stubbornly Seeks Influence by neocortex: 10:37am On Jun 29, 2015
sunkoye:
see you o. though in extreme case...you dont know the president can arrest a sitting governor with "Executive Order" ?

Nigerian President is one of the powerful president in the world.

Nigeria has no US version of "patriot act".
Only the court can order the arrest and detention of a
suspect not Buhari.
Nigeria is a democracy not an autocratic junta.
Re: Stripped Of “first Lady” Title, Buhari’s Wife Stubbornly Seeks Influence by Abugab(m): 10:40am On Jun 29, 2015
Wildrage:

My brother, I read the story and also know it's nothing but fictional journalism so my response should be viewed as hypothetical. Law and morality are not synonymous, what's morally right may be legally, the outcome of an act does not always justify the means however altruistic the motive. I'd we excuse an infraction because it achieved a desired objective then we are unwittingly sanctioning autocratic impunity that may turnaround to bite us in the face if the same means is deplored for sinister motive

I leave you to your opinion.
But go see the all time tested principle of Utility, that is what leadership nay governance is hinged on. I am a logician but human actions don't follow such sequential order as you enumerated. Happinees for the greatest number principle should prevail.
Thanks
Re: Stripped Of “first Lady” Title, Buhari’s Wife Stubbornly Seeks Influence by nd07(m): 10:42am On Jun 29, 2015
Her husband isn't finding it easy on d sit & she is busy seeking 4 influence. when an old man marries a baby, u see things like ds. d man is roasting under pressure of loads of responsibilities while d AJIBO BABY wife is busy flaunting her not yet tapped robust body. I like Mama P, always there 4 her man.

1 Like

Re: Stripped Of “first Lady” Title, Buhari’s Wife Stubbornly Seeks Influence by Nobody: 10:43am On Jun 29, 2015
buhari would put aisha in her place.
Re: Stripped Of “first Lady” Title, Buhari’s Wife Stubbornly Seeks Influence by neocortex: 10:43am On Jun 29, 2015
Abugab:

Like you and I, the president has the power to report any criminal to the appropriate authorities for arrest, investigation and trial at the courts.
Being a brother-in-law, the president is obviously aware of the crime and his name could have been brought in and thus can ask the authorities concerned to do the needful. He didn't convict him mind you, those responsible for following the due process of the law would have been doing their jobs. President just did something commendable by not hiding the crime like you and I will want to.
We mustn't complain over every action as the president has not done anything outside the law. He didn't carry out the arrest but the right peeps did so.

Reporting a crime and ordering an arrest are two different things.
The president abused his office by illegally ordering the arrest of an accused.
Mind you, the end dies not justify the means and the major reason why we have
a democratic government is to checkmate abuse of power by elected official.
Re: Stripped Of “first Lady” Title, Buhari’s Wife Stubbornly Seeks Influence by Pangea: 10:47am On Jun 29, 2015
Spybradd:

how'bout winnie mandela?

grin lol
I'm talking about Nigerian record naa!
Re: Stripped Of “first Lady” Title, Buhari’s Wife Stubbornly Seeks Influence by nkemdi89(f): 10:50am On Jun 29, 2015
Wildrage:
The only part of the tale that's of interest to me is where they alleged that the president ordered the arrest of his in-law for extortion. Where does he derive the power to order the arrest of any Nigerian? He can order an investigation, free from his influence, of any alleged crime but to order an arrest is beyond his constitutional powers
You mean the c in c doesn't have the right to arrest someone? He has that executive right to do that, mind you one of the function of the dss is to receive directives from the president from time to time. Even you as an ordinary citizen has the power to arrest someone who commit a crime in your presence and you know any further delay can give the suspect a chance to escape.
Re: Stripped Of “first Lady” Title, Buhari’s Wife Stubbornly Seeks Influence by Wildrage: 10:57am On Jun 29, 2015
nkemdi89:

You mean the c in c doesn't have the right to arrest someone? He has that executive right to do that, mind you one of the function of the dss is to receive directives from the president from time to time. Even you as an ordinary citizen has the power to arrest someone who commit a crime in your presence and you know any further delay can give the suspect a chance to escape.

Yes madam, I know about citizens arrest, but there is nothing in the write-up that says the offence was committed in his presence. The DSS can receive policy directive from the president and not an order to arrest a Nigerian citizen . Maybe you can show me a section of our law that gives him such authority
Re: Stripped Of “first Lady” Title, Buhari’s Wife Stubbornly Seeks Influence by stinggy(m): 11:07am On Jun 29, 2015
VenusBetty:
but the Saraki report is very true, He embezzled Societe General Bank's money which led to their folding up. Its not a new story, everyone knows Saraki loves money
Guk:

But is the story Fake or Real?? The Police and court documents, were they Fake or Real?? People need to be able to seperate emotions from Reality. It is and will always be on record that the Saraki's plundered Societe Generale Bank. Cases abound in court and even EFCC about their roles.
I believe SH is only bringing these out now to confirm Saraki's character and ask you & I, if we expect anything good from someone questionable character?
As for the political shenanigans going on at the National Assembly, none of them is beneficial to us but rather is to make us the people worse off. If anyone in his right mind thinks those political office holders will reduce their pay, you are in dreamland.

Of course Saraki is a thief, everyone knows this. But SR had to bring the news out when he fell out with Tinubu.
I respect SR's investigative journalism, especially the one done on SLS and madam Yero, but their selective way of publishing news is very wrong.
Re: Stripped Of “first Lady” Title, Buhari’s Wife Stubbornly Seeks Influence by scentmarlc(m): 11:10am On Jun 29, 2015
ifyclose2:
Stripped Of “First Lady” Title, Buhari’s Wife Stubbornly Seeks Influence - By SAHARA REPORTERS

http://saharareporters.com/2015/06/28/stripped-%E2%80%9Cfirst-lady%E2%80%9D-title-buhari%E2%80%99s-wife-stubbornly-seeks-influence

Uhmmm

I dey come

**goes back to sleep**
Re: Stripped Of “first Lady” Title, Buhari’s Wife Stubbornly Seeks Influence by nkemdi89(f): 11:14am On Jun 29, 2015
Wildrage:

Yes madam, I know about citizens arrest, but there is nothing in the write-up that says the offence was committed in his presence. The DSS can receive policy directive from the president and not an order to arrest a Nigerian citizen . Maybe you can show me a section of our law that gives him such authority
Am not with my authority but you can still make the research, if I understand you clearly you said pmb doesn't have the right to arrest an ordinary citizen. Two things are involved a case of fraud and the public image of pmb. Also he used his discretional power to settle the issue without too much interferance of the law enforcement agency , maybe according to nigeria context the word arrest always send a message of brutalty. He would have also invite the inlaw if he wants to, probably he knows the urgency and further delay can be dangerous that was why he directed the dss to get him arrested. I didn't say the offence was committed in his presence.
Re: Stripped Of “first Lady” Title, Buhari’s Wife Stubbornly Seeks Influence by scentmarlc(m): 11:20am On Jun 29, 2015
stinggy:

Of course Saraki is a thief, everyone knows this. But SR had to bring the news out when he fell out with Tinubu.
I respect SR's investigative journalism, especially the one done on SLS and madam Yero, but their selective way of publishing news is very wrong.

Who am i not to agree wit you. Nice thought

1 Like

Re: Stripped Of “first Lady” Title, Buhari’s Wife Stubbornly Seeks Influence by Wildrage: 11:32am On Jun 29, 2015
nkemdi89:

Am not with my authority but you can still make the research, if I understand you clearly you said pmb doesn't have the right to arrest an ordinary citizen. Two things are involved a case of fraud and the public image of pmb. Also he used his discretional power to settle the issue without too much interferance of the law enforcement agency , maybe according to nigeria context the word arrest always send a message of brutalty. He would have also invite the inlaw if he wants to, probably he knows the urgency and further delay can be dangerous that was why he directed the dss to get him arrested. I didn't say the offence was committed in his presence.

Arrest is an abridgment of fundamental human right that should not be contemplated unless a prima facie case has been established. You only establish a prima facie case after a proper investigation by those lawfully saddled with the task. I don't know about you, but I don't want my rights to depend on the discretion of anybody no matter highly placed. His inlaw is like every other nigerian with same rights and responsibilities and personal embarrassment is not an excuse to circumvent due process. If his in-law breaks the law, the proper thing to do is report to the appropriate authorities and allow them do what's right under the law
Re: Stripped Of “first Lady” Title, Buhari’s Wife Stubbornly Seeks Influence by scentmarlc(m): 11:50am On Jun 29, 2015
stinggy:

Who am i not to agree wit you. Nice thought !!

1 Like

Re: Stripped Of “first Lady” Title, Buhari’s Wife Stubbornly Seeks Influence by iahmed(m): 12:24pm On Jun 29, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
I can sEe how janjaweeedians are casting aspersion on SR for this report. This is what I belive:

Aisha is power drunk and a money launderer

Aisha will be the one running the govt in the mold of Idiagbon cos the husband is weak and old

SR is still trash and will be a dustbin media forever
why are so pained about PMB,did he jilt you?
Re: Stripped Of “first Lady” Title, Buhari’s Wife Stubbornly Seeks Influence by modath(f): 12:28pm On Jun 29, 2015
Moheat:

Don't know just jump to comment, read the post again. Her overbearing influence is becoming a source of grave concern to the president. To show you her extent of desperation, she brought in three powereful women.

I did, but my point if you had read in between the lines is that her husband even though may be concerned will never ever allow her to get beyond control.

We females like to show off,so its expected that she'll revolt but she's married to a rigid disciplinarian who'll never condone excesses.

He divorced his 1st wife Safinatu for accepting financial aid for herself/children from IBB while he was under house arrest... Harsh it can be argued but that is his way..
Re: Stripped Of “first Lady” Title, Buhari’s Wife Stubbornly Seeks Influence by Ashantee(f): 12:28pm On Jun 29, 2015
she shud b submisive 2 ha hubby na
Re: Stripped Of “first Lady” Title, Buhari’s Wife Stubbornly Seeks Influence by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jun 29, 2015
stinggy:

politics is a dirty game, you really have to know that nothing is hidden under the sun.
Re: Stripped Of “first Lady” Title, Buhari’s Wife Stubbornly Seeks Influence by mubarak001(m): 2:46pm On Jun 29, 2015
When they thru, we will know if actually we were been fooled.

In other news;

For your private tutor in PH for science subjects, and training in the following apps; ms office, archiCAD, autoCAD, and Artlantis studio
contact renadox@yahoo.com
Re: Stripped Of “first Lady” Title, Buhari’s Wife Stubbornly Seeks Influence by free13: 3:23pm On Jun 29, 2015
Chanji.... grin
Re: Stripped Of “first Lady” Title, Buhari’s Wife Stubbornly Seeks Influence by Olaone1: 4:22pm On Jun 29, 2015
undecided
Re: Stripped Of “first Lady” Title, Buhari’s Wife Stubbornly Seeks Influence by sunkoye: 6:33pm On Jun 29, 2015
neocortex:

Nigeria has no US version of "patriot act".
Only the court can order the arrest and detention of a
suspect not Buhari.
Nigeria is a democracy not an autocratic junta.
oya take this....."The President is also vested with the power by Section 215 (1) (a) of the Constitution for the appointment of the Inspector General of Police. The President, on the advice of the Nigeria Police Council, can appoint the Inspector-General of Police from among serving members of the Nigeria Police Force. Also by virtue of Section 215 (3) of the Constitution the President or such other Minister of the Government of the Federation as he (the President) may authorise in that behalf may give to the Inspector-General of Police such lawful directions with respect to the maintenance and securing of public safety and public order as he may consider necessary, and the Inspector-General of Police shall comply with those directions or cause them to be complied with"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Has Reclaimed Back The Senate President Tweeter Handle From Saraki. / Nnamdi Kanu To FG: "I Will Start Charging You For Free Education On Facebook" / Mariam Abacha & Mohamadou Bayero Fadil, Her Son-inlaw Pictured Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.