Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Nigeria Loses N50trn Annually From Untapped Natural Resources. Most In North - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Loses N50trn Annually From Untapped Natural Resources. Most In North (3750 Views)

FG PANICS As Nigeria Loses 14 Billion Naira Daily!! / Senate Uncovers N701bn Illegal Withdrawals From Natural Resources Fund / Nigeria Loses N50trn Annually From Untapped Natural Resources (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Loses N50trn Annually From Untapped Natural Resources. Most In North by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 9:14am On Jun 29, 2015
Dollyak:
That's a lot of money. That will increase the Gdp by more than 80%. I can see the northerners dumping Nigeria the moment they start tapping those resources.
Why don't you face topic and leave the division of a stuff? Our leaders are the cause of all this, be it from the North, South, East and West. All they are after is about themselves and their families and their cronies in negligence of the poor masses. Come to the said "Ajaokuta Steel Company, you will weep for Nigeria. Go to Delta State steel company Aladja also.

Stop fanning the amber of division, nobody is gonna divide the country not even those from the east

It's my hope that Buhari do something about it

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Loses N50trn Annually From Untapped Natural Resources. Most In North by fulanimafia: 9:16am On Jun 29, 2015
The agriculture sector if fully developed is another goldmine, Nigeria truly has no genuine reason to owe salaries.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Loses N50trn Annually From Untapped Natural Resources. Most In North by Rawani: 9:21am On Jun 29, 2015
Dollyak:

I hope so. The northern region would get a new look when it starts running

Most southerners have a warped view of what the North looks like. Its just like when foreigners think of Nigeria, all they imagine are the slums of Lagos, the poverty in the creeks, and destitutes in the north because that is what is served up in the media. Only bad news is good news in the news industry as they say. Similarly all southerners imagine are almajiri's, scorched earth devoid of vegetation, and extreme poverty everywhere. The fact is some of the most beautiful and developed cities are situated in the north (Kano, Kaduna, Jos etc.) but due to ethnic misgivings, skewed reporting and misleading statistics, most southerners remain oblivious of this fact till they visit. Ask the ones that have (not corpers posted to villages in Katsina o ) smiley

This thread might help...

https://www.nairaland.com/1945471/true-face-north

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Loses N50trn Annually From Untapped Natural Resources. Most In North by zendy: 9:33am On Jun 29, 2015
Dollyak:
That's a lot of money. That will increase the Gdp by more than 80%. I can see the northerners dumping Nigeria the moment they start tapping those resources.

If the North had been the ones who had Oil and sea-port, they would have divided Nigeria a long time ago and declared "Arewa Republic". That's one of the reasons why I laugh at anyone who believes on "One Nigeria".

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Loses N50trn Annually From Untapped Natural Resources. Most In North by Ephemmm: 9:37am On Jun 29, 2015
As I always say, independent life is good, but inter-dependent life is better - every region is blessed with one or two things which make such region has a better comparative advantage over the others. Why the hate? why the arrogant belief of superiority? why our better-than-thou attitude? Is it not the same blood that flow through our veins?

I see a great Nigeria coming out: I see a great Nigeria coming forth: the place where peace, love and joy would reign: and everybody will leave in harmony: a real Nigerian, that's whom I am.

God bless Nigeria, my beloved country.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Loses N50trn Annually From Untapped Natural Resources. Most In North by Sweetguy25: 9:38am On Jun 29, 2015
Tolexander:
prove your point!
No country makes that much annually from solid minerals.
Re: Nigeria Loses N50trn Annually From Untapped Natural Resources. Most In North by Volksfuhrer(m): 10:13am On Jun 29, 2015
Dollyak:

Dumping Nigeria because of new found wealth in mineral resources? Not likely. Resource control or regionalism could be a more probable scenario.

Northern Leaders are very smart and cool headed politicians. Something tells me free access to the sea could be a decisive factor. Unless of course those in the south insist on leaving, I believe the North will stay.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Loses N50trn Annually From Untapped Natural Resources. Most In North by Dollyak(f): 10:23am On Jun 29, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:

Why don't you face topic and leave the division of a stuff? Our leaders are the cause of all this, be it from the North, South, East and West. All they are after is about themselves and their families and their cronies in negligence of the poor masses. Come to the said "Ajaokuta Steel Company, you will weep for Nigeria. Go to Delta State steel company Aladja also.

Stop fanning the amber of division, nobody is gonna divide the country not even those from the east

It's my hope that Buhari do something about it
Fair enough. Yeah we need a reform.
Re: Nigeria Loses N50trn Annually From Untapped Natural Resources. Most In North by OduaVanguard: 10:44am On Jun 29, 2015
Sweetguy25:
Overestimated. These guys just like throw figures around without serious thought.

Ok. Oya give us your own authentic figures.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Loses N50trn Annually From Untapped Natural Resources. Most In North by Tolexander: 10:52am On Jun 29, 2015
Sweetguy25:

No country makes that much annually from solid minerals.
and which country has ever utilized all her solid minerals

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Loses N50trn Annually From Untapped Natural Resources. Most In North by freshdude99(m): 12:48pm On Jun 29, 2015
Dollyak:

This is just bad. I hate Chinese and Japanese people with passion. I understand life it's a battle of survival, but those guys can bleed you dry and take your bones without blinking.
Don't you think the West are worst compared to their Asian counterpart
Re: Nigeria Loses N50trn Annually From Untapped Natural Resources. Most In North by freshdude99(m): 12:53pm On Jun 29, 2015
Dollyak:
Please they should don't it Asap! It's Economic sense for we southerners grin
Re: Nigeria Loses N50trn Annually From Untapped Natural Resources. Most In North by Realisticman: 1:58pm On Jun 29, 2015
vedaxcool:
While the figure cited is significantly higher than I would like to think, the truth remains resources in the North are largely untapped. It is my hope and prayer that Buhari will make significant contribution in developing the mineral resources in the north, a task Jonathan failed woefully and abysmally.
Let me tell you one thing; Jonathan does not know the North at all which made him looked at the entire northern region as another country. Didn't you hear what the wife said during the presidential campaign? A nepotic president who does not know anything outside his kinsmen! May God Almighty never allow such a man to rule Nigeria again.
The Governors have a long way to go in developing their states. Until then, no body should expect the president to do it for them.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Loses N50trn Annually From Untapped Natural Resources. Most In North by Sagamite(m): 7:10pm On Jun 29, 2015
Rawani:

Most southerners have a warped view of what the North looks like. Its just like when foreigners think of Nigeria, all they imagine are the slums of Lagos, the poverty in the creeks, and destitutes in the north because that is what is served up in the media. Only bad news is good news in the news industry as they say. Similarly all southerners imagine are almajiri's, scorched earth devoid of vegetation, and extreme poverty everywhere. The fact is some of the most beautiful and developed cities are situated in the north (Kano, Kaduna, Jos etc.) but due to ethnic misgivings, skewed reporting and misleading statistics, most southerners remain oblivious of this fact till they visit. Ask the ones that have (not corpers posted to villages in Katsina o ) smiley

This thread might help...

https://www.nairaland.com/1945471/true-face-north

Trust me. Majority of the North are destitute zones without modern amenities.

There might not be slums as there is enough land for the population to spread out, but virtually all the areas are still medieval with millions of people roaming the streets without education and jobs.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Loses N50trn Annually From Untapped Natural Resources. Most In North by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jun 29, 2015
Let me reiterate this to my fellow niger deltans:: the earlier we start fighting for resource control the better..because when the oil in our land dries up,the north would exploit their own mineral solid resources and shut the door on US....na make we just get small sense na him I dey beg all of us...

If we dont rise up we would end up beggars in the near future...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Loses N50trn Annually From Untapped Natural Resources. Most In North by Sagamite(m): 7:26pm On Jun 29, 2015
zendy:

If the North had been the ones who had Oil and sea-port, they would have divided Nigeria a long time ago and declared "Arewa Republic". That's one of the reasons why I laugh at anyone who believes on "One Nigeria".

They would not have divided Nigeria.

They would have ruled Nigeria as a semi-theocracy where they dominate and the rest would be second class citizens.

That is how the Arabs and Muslim countries, those they mostly like to imitate, rule when with absolute power.

Go look at Sudan, Egypt, Pakistan and Malaysia.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Loses N50trn Annually From Untapped Natural Resources. Most In North by KevinDein: 7:36pm On Jun 29, 2015
Sagamite:

Trust me. Majority of the North are destitute zones without modern amenities.
There might not be slums as there is enough land for the population to spread out, but virtually all the areas are still medieval with millions of people roaming the streets without education and jobs.
trust me, Southerners living in slums like somolu, makoko, ajegunle, and some other slums in Ibadan, aba, Onitsha etc probably have the worst standard of living in the country. I mean have you been to makoko of recent? no northerner living in north has it that bad. true story; been there seen it all. this isn't hearsay.
thank God for our huge land mass. we don't have slums like those in the south.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Loses N50trn Annually From Untapped Natural Resources. Most In North by Sagamite(m): 7:43pm On Jun 29, 2015
KevinDein:
trust me, Southerners living in slums like somolu, makoko, ajegunle, and some other slums in Ibadan, aba, Onitsha etc probably have the worst standard of living in the country. I mean have you been to makoko of recent? no northerner living in north has it that bad. true story; been there seen it all. this isn't hearsay.
thank God for our huge land mass. we don't have slums like those in the south.

Yep.

You are right.

That said, even those in the listed slums are making more money than those in vast parts of the north. They chose to live in those horrible and worst conditions because of "hope" and "opportunities". Something not existing in many parts of the North. They live on "contentment".

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Loses N50trn Annually From Untapped Natural Resources. Most In North by KevinDein: 7:47pm On Jun 29, 2015
Sagamite:

Yep.

You are right.

That said, even those in the listed slums are making more money than those in vast parts of the north. They chose to live in those horrible and worst conditions because of "hope" and "opportunities". Something not existing in many parts of the North. They live on "contentment".
you are very correct.
Re: Nigeria Loses N50trn Annually From Untapped Natural Resources. Most In North by zendy: 8:09pm On Jun 29, 2015
Sagamite:

They would not have divided Nigeria.

They would have ruled Nigeria as a semi-theocracy where they dominate and the rest would be second class citizens.

That is how the Arabs and Muslim countries, those they mostly like to imitate, rule when with absolute power.

Go look at Sudan, Egypt, Pakistan and Malaysia.

As an Igbo man, that sort country would have been worse than the one we live in right now and would be unacceptable. Nigeria just doesn't work as a nation.
Re: Nigeria Loses N50trn Annually From Untapped Natural Resources. Most In North by Sagamite(m): 8:19pm On Jun 29, 2015
zendy:

As an Igbo man, that sort country would have been worse than the one we live in right now and would be unacceptable. Nigeria just doesn't work as a nation.

Nigeria does not work as a nation because of its diversity and difference.

Nigeria does not work as a nation because of its useless leaders and useless followers. People with a poor mentality.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Loses N50trn Annually From Untapped Natural Resources. Most In North by zendy: 12:24am On Jun 30, 2015
Sagamite:

Nigeria does not work as a nation because of its diversity and difference.

Nigeria does not work as a nation because of its useless leaders and useless followers. People with a poor mentality.

That's why that country should split up so that the different people can go and create nations that might work
Re: Nigeria Loses N50trn Annually From Untapped Natural Resources. Most In North by kaura5000: 4:15am On Jun 30, 2015
Lol the idiot's when thinking of the poor people in the north won't focus on dangote,muttalab,sayyu etc .. I dare say there lots of undocumented billionaires specifically in kano than most states in nigeria.. when we have money we don't brag about it ... just look at dangote to think of from his family we have lots of billionaires you don't hear

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Loses N50trn Annually From Untapped Natural Resources. Most In North by Sagamite(m): 3:41pm On Jun 30, 2015
zendy:

That's why that country should split up so that the different people can go and create nations that might work

What a steewwpid statement.

So you should make a change for "might"?

Creating different nations would make the leaders and followers more useful?
Re: Nigeria Loses N50trn Annually From Untapped Natural Resources. Most In North by zendy: 3:49pm On Jun 30, 2015
Sagamite:

What a steewwpid statement.

So you should make a change for "might"?

Creating different nations would make the leaders and followers more useful?

Everyday, everyone makes change based on "might". There is no certainty in life. Nigeria is already a failed nation anyway so we lose nothing by trying something different.
Re: Nigeria Loses N50trn Annually From Untapped Natural Resources. Most In North by Jesusloveyou: 11:34am On Jul 01, 2015
Rawani:

The authorities are guarding the Chinese criminals.

Its really bad.
u are right, d same authority was also guarding d millitant for oil bunkering

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Loses N50trn Annually From Untapped Natural Resources. Most In North by Sagamite(m): 1:18pm On Jul 01, 2015
zendy:

Everyday, everyone makes change based on "might". There is no certainty in life. Nigeria is already a failed nation anyway so we lose nothing by trying something different.

I don't think you understand the meaning of "failed nation". It is just something you have heard and decided to use.
Re: Nigeria Loses N50trn Annually From Untapped Natural Resources. Most In North by asha80(m): 1:28pm On Jul 01, 2015
kaura5000:
Lol the idiot's when thinking of the poor people in the north won't focus on dangote,muttalab,sayyu etc .. I dare say there lots of undocumented billionaires specifically in kano than most states in nigeria.. when we have money we don't brag about it ... just look at dangote to think of from his family we have lots of billionaires you don't hear
how does this relate to the thread?
Re: Nigeria Loses N50trn Annually From Untapped Natural Resources. Most In North by zendy: 3:24pm On Jul 01, 2015
Sagamite:

I don't think you understand the meaning of "failed nation". It is just something you have heard and decided to use.

In the context of Nigeria, you can take away the 'nation' and replace it with 'experiment'. Nigeria is essentially a failed British experiment. The British brought together different ethnic groups together to see if we could live together. Several pogroms,one civil war ,countless terrorist attacks later and millions dead, we have proved that the experiment was colossal mistake. It is time for us to remedy that mistake by going our separate ways and starting afresh.
Re: Nigeria Loses N50trn Annually From Untapped Natural Resources. Most In North by Sagamite(m): 3:33pm On Jul 01, 2015
zendy:

In the context of Nigeria, you can take away the 'nation' and replace it with 'experiment'. Nigeria is essentially a failed British experiment. The British brought together different ethnic groups together to see if we could live together. Several pogroms,one civil war ,countless terrorist attacks later and millions dead, we have proved that the experiment was colossal mistake. It is time for us to remedy that mistake by going our separate ways and starting afresh.

How have you proved the experiment is a mistake?

Has countries with less ethnic groups not seen worse?
Re: Nigeria Loses N50trn Annually From Untapped Natural Resources. Most In North by Sagamite(m): 3:34pm On Jul 01, 2015
KevinDein:
you are very correct.

This illustrates what we are talking about.

https://www.nairaland.com/2418994/ranking-nigerian-states-poverty-rates
Re: Nigeria Loses N50trn Annually From Untapped Natural Resources. Most In North by zendy: 3:43pm On Jul 01, 2015
Sagamite:

How have you proved the experiment is a mistake?

Has countries with less ethnic groups not seen worse?

Did you read what I wrote? Millions dead, economic stagnation, 70% porverty rate, religious terrorism, monumental corruption. What sort of proof do you need?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking News: France Drops 20 Bombs On ISIS Stronghold Raqqa. / SE/SS: How To Outsmart Buhari's National Inflicted DOLLAR Crunch / I Can't Worship PMB, Hatred And Insult By Kasu Lecturer-Dr. John Danfulani.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.